8 Hour MS MTB Relay.
    Contact Information :
    Name : Stuart Querney
    Phone : 519-751-2825
    Fax :
    Email : [email protected]

Simon

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. How long is the race and how does the relay part work? Is it all singletrack? I checked the website, doesn't give a lot of details.
    I'm already riding in 2 MS Bike Tours with people from work- Brampton - Guelph and Niagara in August, but this one sounds like more fun.

Moderator Moderator
    I was in this race last year, the course was simply awesome, all singletrack except for the start/finish area. I talked to Stuart earlier about the race and he said that there will be some sort of new twist this year, he didn't give me anymore details so I assume its a surprise. Should be a load of fun, hope to see lots of new people there.

mtbr member

Info...

Quote Originally Posted by langford
    Thanks for the info. How long is the race and how does the relay part work? Is it all singletrack? I checked the website, doesn't give a lot of details.
    I'm already riding in 2 MS Bike Tours with people from work- Brampton - Guelph and Niagara in August, but this one sounds like more fun.

Hey Langford,

Q about the MS ride Bram to Guelph, where can I get info, have you done it b4? Is it more geared towards road riding or MTB'ng? Do you know the route?

OK, its more than one Q!!!!

Cheers

Smiley

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    Hey Langford,

Q about the MS ride Bram to Guelph, where can I get info, have you done it b4? Is it more geared towards road riding or MTB'ng? Do you know the route?

OK, its more than one Q!!!!

Cheers

Smiley
    Sorry for the late reply, it's all road stuff, you'd be ok on a MTB with slicks, though, there were quite a few MTB"S on the Niagara tour last year. Last year's route through Halton was mostly 5 sideroad 15 sideroad and some 20 sideroad - lots of hills. The Brampton - Guelph ride was cancelled last year due to the power outage, but we had some inside info on the route and did a few practice runs. We rode Niagara instead and had a great time, we're doing both tours this year.

Let me know if you need a road bike for this. I can lend you one or sell you one. I'm doing a rescue bikes from the landfill project, selling them for MS Society donatioins. We get some pretty good road stuff in.

info is at ms bike tours

mtbr member
    We're in for the race, a correction to FatGuy's intiial post, the race is on Sunday Sept. 5. Even though we've done 235 km worth of MS road bike tours the last 2 weekends, we're good to go for another MS fundraiser!
    Anybody else going? Anybody trying it solo???

mtbr member
    We did the race yesterday, had lotsa fun. Great atmosphere, great twisty turney course through the mountains of Paris (first 2km was a killer!) great bunch of competitors, and a well organized event. The solo riders were amazing, I got smoked by one on the last lap of the race! I don't know how they can do it for that long, I guess I've still got some schoolin' to be done!

We'll be back for next year's event, bigger (we'll be bringing more stuff!) and better (hopefully with better bikes - ya, that's it, it was the bikes!)