3 Rocks Conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

3 Rocks Conditions

Went out tonight for the first time at 3 rocks and it was amazing. There were two deep mudholes in the first 500meters and then it was dry as a bone the rest of the way through. The pines section near the radio tower has been logged but the trail is still completely rideable. Too bad it will rain all weekend !
    Ask me About O Rings (Check the Classified section)

mtbr member
    Yup, I was out on Thursday from about 5:00-8:00 PM -- perhaps the best conditions you'll see all year:
    1) virtually no mosquittos
    2) bone dry
    3) temperatures just how I like it: 15-20 degrees, not too hot and not too cool.

Durham/3 Rocks is a fairly extensive area, but I seem to be getting a hang of it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Always looking for new places to ride , wheres 3 rocks?, how would you rate this trail?

Usually ride Ravenshoe, Albion, Coulsons Hill, used to ride Mansfield, 7th/8th line and Copeland Forest so driving not a problem.

Thnx

mtbr member
    Went to 3 rocks for a morning ride. GORGEOUS, couldn't ask for better conditions.
    My wife thinks I am nuts for spending this much on a bike. I tell her I think I am nuts for spending that much on her Diamond ring!

mtbr member
    What time were ya there, i was there around 8:35 till about 11:20 or so?
    Conditions are fantastic right now.

mtbr member
    from about 8-10am.
    My wife thinks I am nuts for spending this much on a bike. I tell her I think I am nuts for spending that much on her Diamond ring!

mtbr member
    musta just missed you.
    I always park at the 3 rocks entrance and ride north. I plan on exploring the trail system there a bit more this year as i only know the loop i was shown 2 years ago.
    Maybe we will run into each other there sometime. Enjoy....

mtbr member
    It was the first ride of the season for My wife, a buddy and myself. Took it pretty easy, Only 1 broken chain....and no legs.
    Finally dialled in my full squishy and am amazed. Coming from a hardtail and back pain, the full susp was wicked. No back pain!! Hope to get to know 3 rocks better myself as well. I only know the trial from the parking ot to the Bell tower at Durham across the road.

I already rode that
    I had family stuff on sunday so couldnt go but we always park by the tower. Always do a loop in Durham first then hit Glen Major all way down to 3 rocks and back up. A good workout.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I rode the 3 rocks today,( monday) around 4 -7 pm, and did glen major as well, what a blast. I had some shifting problems, Drivetrain is worn out after 3 years of use.. Got home and ordered new chain, front rings, cassette, cables,and brake pads - this should get the bike running like a new one Can't wait to ride there again. It's one of my favorite spots around Toronto area..

I already rode that
    3 rocks is Glen major. Er isnt it? At least I always considered it to be since it is directly connected to GM/Walker Woods. But thats just me I guess.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    If you park near the Bell Tower, then you're in Walker Woods.

If you Park at the Three Rocks on the south boundry then you are in Glen Major.

The Boundary fence is the east/west fence that runs 1/2 way between the two.

There is also a third parking lot on the west side of the trails, but I've never made it over there in all the time riding at WW/GM.. Anyone ever park there? How are the trails on that end?

My Usual ride is a few loops around Durham, then down walker woods and Glen Major on the single track to the drops section, bottom out on the south property line, and then head back on the Eastern most sister. It's a great ride both directions, but I have a feeling that the western part may have some different trails around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad-WL
    There is also a third parking lot on the west side of the trails, but I've never made it over there in all the time riding at WW/GM.. Anyone ever park there? How are the trails on that end?
    I was over to the north section of Walker Woods last Wednesday. Not a lot of singletrack. The parking area @ the NW of Walker Woods (across from landscaping outfit?) is kind of small.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Rode again tonight and the trails are awsome. Traction is excellent. Had a great ride and nailed a few climbs i have never made before. The only downside is the insect repellent i was using ruined my new Specialized Instinct helmet. Some kind of chemical reaction. Just appears to have ruined the finish, but it was brand new! (and not cheap!).
    Me so sad!
    :mad2: :mad2:

Members who have read this thread: 0