2005 Lake to Lake Classic has come and gone- Mtbr.com
    bi-winning

2005 Lake to Lake Classic has come and gone

For the third year I participated in this event. There are only 2 major MTB events that are really close to home for me, so I usually try to do them both. The other being the Squeezer.

This year the fee was $49+$3 online processing fee. That is the highest it has ever been. I was sad to see that, but it would not sway me from having a good time. That's why I have a job. For that money, you get a meal, a t-shirt, and the chance to participate. There are several police officers on the course to stop traffic, and many generous voulenteers.

For the first time, I started in the first wave. I was in the second last year. I completed the race with no mechanicals or flats, so that was good. I did not conserve my energy well though. I tried to keep with a group for a few km that was just to fast for me. I was feeling good for the first 30 - 35km. 35-40 i went too hard. 40-50 i sturggled. I had passed many people, but most of them ended up passing me back, so i finished pretty much were i started. 199th out of ~950 and 14th out of 53 in the mens 15-18 group. Not bad considering i don't "train" for the event.

The weather was overcast and the temp was in the low 20's. Very comfortable. All in all, i had a good time. The course was muddy in spots, but overall not terrible. Comparable to last year.

Got a few pictures, one of them with Steve Bauer. Only talked briefly with him, but he seemed like a nice guy.

When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

rad to the power of sick
    Well done! Nice Shots too! Pacing is extremely tough in enduro events...You always think your doing hot and above average until that wave of lactic acid kicks in ouuta nowhere.

cheers
    aaron
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Members who have read this thread: 0