Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

ninjichor.com
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Joking?
    I've little prejudice, little experience, and little imagination.

What little I have, I can use to speculate to fill in what I don't know. Don't know the first place to research, and doubt I can deal with the hype vs humbleness in forming a clear perspective.

So far, after thinking a bit, I find it personally convincing that whatever complexity is lost, compared to MTB, just frees up attention to be redirected to something else. I can do all the things I can do on my MTB, if I put my mind to it, but is it as doable as it is on a bicycle, or more of a dream? What I can't convince myself, without confirmation, is the number of challenges that arise that are out of my control, or require a lot of investment (monetary, time, connections to other people, etc.) on my end to tackle, such as finding opportunities to enjoy the time spent on the thing.

One of the things keeping me attracted to MTB is the uniqueness of "racing" down a mountain on a wheeled vehicle. I just don't know if there's any attraction to moto that would hook me in a similar way. I prefer not to fill in what I don't know with poor sources of information, like my own imagination or just plain hearsay. First hand experience gives a realistic perspective, that supercedes all the nonsense hype, humbleness and speculation, but just not motivated to take that step. When I asked that question, i guess I was intending to ask what's the attraction to moto for others?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjichor View Post
    When I asked that question, i guess I was intending to ask what's the attraction to moto for others?
    Just like with mountain biking, riders are attracted to it for a variety of reasons, and there are many types and styles of 'moto' riding and machines.

Also, for those that like getting into the mechanical and tuning aspects, motos are far more advanced and complicated machines than MTBs in general.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by og-mtb View Post
    Hmmm....maybe he, like many folks who have been riding for a while, have experience with old school DH bikes which pushed those weights.

In comparison, today's lighter weight bikes are completely awesome.

The false narrative of "heavy is better" is one of the odder tropes of some of the electric motor bicycle crowd.

p.s. "There are pitches almost no one can ride, even a class 1 ebike, because they are so steep, and they have infinite traction." It sounds like you aren't riding at the right time or with the right people. Many folks clean the entire Slick Rock on normal bicycles.
    "Many" = maybe one out of 500.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    "Many" = maybe one out of 500.
    Nope. Not my experience nor observation when riding Slick Rock.

Again, it sounds like you aren't riding at the right time or with the right people.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I've little prejudice, little experience, and little imagination.

What little I have, I can use to speculate to fill in what I don't know. Don't know the first place to research, and doubt I can deal with the hype vs humbleness in forming a clear perspective.

So far, after thinking a bit, I find it personally convincing that whatever complexity is lost, compared to MTB, just frees up attention to be redirected to something else. I can do all the things I can do on my MTB, if I put my mind to it, but is it as doable as it is on a bicycle, or more of a dream? What I can't convince myself, without confirmation, is the number of challenges that arise that are out of my control, or require a lot of investment (monetary, time, connections to other people, etc.) on my end to tackle, such as finding opportunities to enjoy the time spent on the thing.

One of the things keeping me attracted to MTB is the uniqueness of "racing" down a mountain on a wheeled vehicle. I just don't know if there's any attraction to moto that would hook me in a similar way. I prefer not to fill in what I don't know with poor sources of information, like my own imagination or just plain hearsay. First hand experience gives a realistic perspective, that supercedes all the nonsense hype, humbleness and speculation, but just not motivated to take that step. When I asked that question, i guess I was intending to ask what's the attraction to moto for others?
    You'll just have to ride a moto to see what the attraction is. OH WAIT! I'm not allowed to use that line on this forum, because all the ebike deniers say they don't need to ride one to know exactly what they are all about.

I've been riding motos for longer than I've ridden MTBs, (over 40 years for motorcycles, almost 35 for MTB's). Riding a dirt bike fast on rough terrain is *way* more demanding physically than riding an MTB. That's why motocross riders are considered to be some the toughest athletes on the planet. It takes unimaginable skill, strength, stamina, and endurance to race a dirt bike. It works more of your body than MTB, and takes the same aerobic capacity, while demanding more anaerobic.

I gave up dirt bikes because the expense and hassle have gotten too high. Also, I hate going to the doctor.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Nope. Not my experience nor observation when riding Slick Rock.

Again, it sounds like you aren't riding at the right time or with the right people.
    I've been riding Slickrock since 1988. I *guarantee* if you put a video camera on all of the obstacles, not more than 1 out of 500 clean the entire trail. Clean = no dabs, and not deviating from the stripes by more than five feet. There are a lot of cheater lines people take and claim they "cleaned" the trail.

Sure, if you go with "the right people", they might *all* clean it. The average good rider? Nope. Especially if you go counter-clockwise on the lollipop.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I've been riding Slickrock since 1988. I *guarantee* if you put a video camera on all of the obstacles, not more than 1 out of 500 clean the entire trail.
    You beat me by one year. I first rode Slick Rock in 1989.

Here is your claim:

"There are pitches almost no one can ride, even a class 1 ebike"

Are you really claiming that there are pitches on the trail which a video camera would show only 1 out of 500 people cleaning?

mtbr member
    Just like with mountain biking, riders are attracted to it for a variety of reasons, and there are many types and styles of 'moto' riding and machines.

Also, for those that like getting into the mechanical and tuning aspects, motos are far more advanced and complicated machines than MTBs in general.
    My type of riding on a motorcycle was exploration; I had a DR 350S with a ginormous desert tank and trail gearing; I did lots of riding and camping in Owyhee County, Northern Nevada and Eastern Oregon and also used it to access trail heads in Central Idaho to backpack.

I was never interested in going into an OHV area and eating a lot of dust.

The comparisons between Class X eBikes and motorcycles here are ridiculous; if you want a dirt bike get one on Craigís list for half the price of an eBike.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerdave View Post
    My type of riding on a motorcycle was exploration; I had a DR 350S with a ginormous desert tank and trail gearing; I did lots of riding and camping in Owyhee County, Northern Nevada and Eastern Oregon and also used it to access trail heads in Central Idaho to backpack.
    Sounds like a lot of fun; wish we had more moto access around here.

My son is into MX more than trail riding. Luckily have a track a couple towns away and some local landowners that are cool with sharing. Gonna pick up one of these this weekend.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

My son is into MX more than trail riding. Luckily have a track a couple towns away and some local landowners that are cool with sharing. Gonna pick up one of these this weekend.

I'm a moto guy through and through, but this thread just took a dump...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Not a KTM fan?
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    You beat me by one year. I first rode Slick Rock in 1989.

Here is your claim:

"There are pitches almost no one can ride, even a class 1 ebike"

Are you really claiming that there are pitches on the trail which a video camera would show only 1 out of 500 people cleaning?
    I am claiming that if you could video the entire ride of every rider, *maybe* one of out 500 would clean the entire trail. There is a huge difference between doing the entire trail at once without a dab or deviating from the stripes, and clearing all of the obstacles at one time or another and then claiming in your mind that you have cleaned the "entire trail". Hell, I've cleared every foot of that trail hundreds of times, but I have only done it continuously once.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I am claiming that if you could video the ride of every rider, *maybe* one of out 500 would clean the entire trail.
    That's quite different than "There are pitches almost no one can ride, even a class 1 ebike"

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    That's quite different than "There are pitches almost no one can ride, even a class 1 ebike"
    Trying it 100 times and making it once doesn't count.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Trying it 100 times and making it once doesn't count.
    Again, that's not my experience nor what I have observed. It sounds like you're not riding it with the right folks or at the right times.

10,000,000 Watts
    Braaaap. Motocross tracks will make a man out of you period. Iím still not quite a man but have been doing laps for 8 years. Although, I think I can turn a faster lap time and hit all my marks on my Focus or rigid Redline. Probably faster at MX Unleashed though..
    RIDE EBIKES - DRINK BEER - REPEAT!

mtbr member

That bike looks like a lot of fun. I work on 360 video image stabilization IRL so I've seen quite a few moto videos from the rider's perspective.

mtbr member

Sorry, but I can't help but respond to comments about dirt bikes. Probably my electric motor bicycle is a reminder of the glory of riding a dirt bike. Any normal kid given a choice between an eBike, a mountain bike or a dirt bike is going to choose the dirt bike; I still kind of miss my old Suzuki DR.

mtbr member

The comparisons between Class X eBikes and motorcycles here are ridiculous; if you want a dirt bike get one on Craigís list for half the price of an eBike.
    Owyhee County, Idaho, is bigger than Connecticut and Rhode Island combined, and about 3/4 of the size of Massachusetts but with only 17000 people, mostly concentrated into two small towns. The high desert is especially beautiful in the spring; wildflowers as far as you can see. The landscape is interrupted by many deep river gorges. It's a mind-blowing experience to wander around in the canyonlands; I took a four day off-trail backpacking trip on Memorial Day weekend out there once and saw no one else.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Sorry, but I can't help but respond to comments about dirt bikes. Probably my electric motor bicycle is a reminder of the glory of riding a dirt bike. Any normal kid given a choice between an eBike, a mountain bike or a dirt bike is going to choose the dirt bike; I still kind of miss my old Suzuki DR.
    I completely agree with you. But this thread has run off topic, but in a way that since Im a super proponent of motos, my knees are weak to shut the thread down...lol

Bipolar roller
    I've little prejudice, little experience, and little imagination...

I just don't know if there's any attraction to moto that would hook me in a similar way. I prefer not to fill in what I don't know with poor sources of information, like my own imagination or just plain hearsay. First hand experience gives a realistic perspective, that supercedes all the nonsense hype, humbleness and speculation, but just not motivated to take that step. When I asked that question, i guess I was intending to ask what's the attraction to moto for others?
    My brother in law goes on many trips with his brother and friends with their 4x4 campers and motos. They spend all day on their motos exploring extremely rough terrain you would not be able to ride on an mtb. His brother used to compete in enduro dirt bike races and trials so they are into finding cool natural features to play on as well a exploring. Looking at the amount of land they are able to cover in one day that would take over a week on a mtb, the remoteness of it all and the fun of being with your friends out in the middle of nowhere riding narrow horse cut single-track trying to climb impossible chutes, getting air off of huge natural features, exploring hard to reach apline lakes, rivers, streams and snow, bringing whatever gear you need to fish or hunt and then heading back to camp for a fire and some beers and doing it all over again in a different spot the next day definitely has its appeal.

It is not for everyone though and watching the videos from his go pro it looks very intimidating with all the noise, exhaust, power at the flick of a wrist, dirt flying everywhere, a very heavy dirt bike sometimes falling back down a chute and people either trying to stop it from falling or doing what they can to get out of its way, mechanicals that are way more complicated than any mtb component break down (that really have to be fixed because you ainít carrying that moto out and you may far out from camp), all the extra tools and gear and protection that you need to wear, clothing/gear or legs being burned on hot exhaust, shifting gears, stalling out having to restart on a steep incline and probably many other things I canít think of because I have never gone.

That is just what I have seen from his pics, vids and stories and for me, is not how I like to explore nature. I like a more subtle, less noisy and less chaotic/rowdy approach to exploring or having fun in nature.

The exploring part is what interests me the most about ebikes. Luckily for me the ohv trails where I live are pretty quiet and there are some fun remote areas you can get to on them, but would take a very long time on an mtb with all the climbing. I like the idea of using an ebike for exploring these areas vs a full on moto. A throttle for the ebike is a must though as it would be really useful on the OHV and that non-moto trails that allow ebikes in this area have no throttle restrictions.

Also, having a throttle would be a good safety feature as a way to help get out incase of an injury. I do go riding after work alone and I have had a few close calls with knee and ankle injuries and have been lucky enough to limp my way along to get out, but if the injuries were worse you never know and it gets pretty cold out at night here. Even with emergency gear it could make for a scary situation. Being able to throttle out, even at slow speed incase of injury is not a bad option to have.
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

10,000,000 Watts

Iím sure your son is pumped. I had a ktm 150SX for awhile, fun little ripper. Now old, Iím running 1140cc more. Never grow up I guess, still think back to an anodized ďTuff NeckĒ on my BMX days. Bikes and motorcycles are awesome, couldnít live without them. But now ripping an ebike, what happened to me!

10,000,000 Watts
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackmack View Post
    My brother in law goes on many trips with his brother and friends with their 4x4 campers and motos. They spend all day on their motos exploring extremely rough terrain you would not be able to ride on an mtb. His brother used to compete in enduro dirt bike races and trials so they are into finding cool natural features to play on as well a exploring. Looking at the amount of land they are able to cover in one day that would take over a week on a mtb, the remoteness of it all and the fun of being with your friends out in the middle of nowhere riding narrow horse cut single-track trying to climb impossible chutes, getting air off of huge natural features, exploring hard to reach apline lakes, rivers, streams and snow, bringing whatever gear you need to fish or hunt and then heading back to camp for a fire and some beers and doing it all over again in a different spot the next day definitely has its appeal.

It is not for everyone though and watching the videos from his go pro it looks very intimidating with all the noise, exhaust, power at the flick of a wrist, dirt flying everywhere, a very heavy dirt bike sometimes falling back down a chute and people either trying to stop it from falling or doing what they can to get out of its way, mechanicals that are way more complicated than any mtb component break down (that really have to be fixed because you ainít carrying that moto out and you may far out from camp), all the extra tools and gear and protection that you need to wear, clothing/gear or legs being burned on hot exhaust, shifting gears, stalling out having to restart on a steep incline and probably many other things I canít think of because I have never gone.

That is just what I have seen from his pics, vids and stories and for me, is not how I like to explore nature. I like a more subtle, less noisy and less chaotic/rowdy approach to exploring or having fun in nature.

The exploring part is what interests me the most about ebikes. Luckily for me the ohv trails where I live are pretty quiet and there are some fun remote areas you can get to on them, but would take a very long time on an mtb with all the climbing. I like the idea of using an ebike for exploring these areas vs a full on moto. A throttle for the ebike is a must though as it would be really useful on the OHV and that non-moto trails that allow ebikes in this area have no throttle restrictions.

Also, having a throttle would be a good safety feature as a way to help get out incase of an injury. I do go riding after work alone and I have had a few close calls with knee and ankle injuries and have been lucky enough to limp my way along to get out, but if the injuries were worse you never know and it gets pretty cold out at night here. Even with emergency gear it could make for a scary situation. Being able to throttle out, even at slow speed incase of injury is not a bad option to have.
    Good post, glad youíre getting it. Itís definately sketchy at times solo. I ride mostly solo myself, but always fun and safer in a group ride.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I completely agree with you. But this thread has run off topic, but in a way that since Im a super proponent of motos, my knees are weak to shut the thread down...lol

Mods are always going to have issues here with e-motos given ebikes are way more similar to e-motos than mountain bikes. The only difference between e-motos and ebikes is a few hundred watts. That is a fine line to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by singletrackmack View Post

...That is just what I have seen from his pics, vids and stories and for me, is not how I like to explore nature. I like a more subtle, less noisy and less chaotic/rowdy approach to exploring or having fun in nature.

I am with you on the aspects of moto that make it not for everyone and also like a more subtle approach to exporting nature.

Also, good points on having an ebike equiped with a throttle. Itís not like you have to use it alll the time to not have one simply because (of what I can only assume the industry is worried about) image issues seems pretty silly.

Luckily there are more and more options popinjay up for embts every day. Here is the new torque sensing kit from Luna. 80nm of torque look so to be in line with the big $$$ embt brands. The throttle option looks to be coming soon and that is looking like one nice embt kit.

Are class 1 embts going away?-61114f1b-7eff-47b9-9183-2279afd5e97b.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutch View Post
    Attachment 1237550Also, why start a thread here after you post this?
    Ha! Great comeback!

I would give you some pos rep, but guess I have been a little stingy with giving out the green turds lately... ďYou must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gutch again.Ē

middle ring single track
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoebeau View Post
    Mods are always going to have issues here with e-motos given ebikes are way more similar to e-motos than mountain bikes. The only difference between e-motos and ebikes is a few hundred watts. That is a fine line to walk.

I am with you on the aspects of moto that make it not for everyone and also like a more subtle approach to exporting nature.

Also, good points on having an ebike equiped with a throttle. Itís not like you have to use it alll the time to not have one simply because (of what I can only assume the industry is worried about) image issues seems pretty silly.

Luckily there are more and more options popinjay up for embts every day. Here is the new torque sensing kit from Luna. 80nm of torque look so to be in line with the big $$$ embt brands. The throttle option looks to be coming soon and that is looking like one nice embt kit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61114F1B-7EFF-47B9-9183-2279AFD5E97B.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	1237827
    Luna is late to the party with the Tongsheng; there are several other suppliers selling it in the US; I got the 750W 52 volt version (includes thumb throttle) last year from Recycles E-bike. Currently $399 w/o battery.

The Tongsheng's torque-sensing PAS works very well; aftermarket DIY torque-sensing systems can cost as much as this complete unit!
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Name:	61114F1B-7EFF-47B9-9183-2279AFD5E97B.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	1237827
    Pretty simple... motos have pegs not pedals!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Pretty simple... motos have pegs not pedals!

So, then what? Is this an ebike or an e-moto?

Are class 1 embts going away?-a78e2c56-6072-48f4-873c-457f1261a31e.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yes, Iíve ridden Slickrock on a mountain bike and on a mountain unicycle, neither was motorized, and I ride everything. Sure itís hard, but isnít that the point?

The reality is that very few people on this forum and very few ebikers have the skills and/or desire to ride Slickrock.

If you head out onto Slickrock without the necessary skills, walking your bike is the least of your worries.

Just get a moto if a throttle is so important.

Have you ever ridden the Slickrock Trail in Moab? There are pitches almost no one can ride, even a class 1 ebike, because they are so steep, and they have infinite traction. Try pushing a 50lb bike up one of those sections. You'll be reaching for the walk button in about 10 feet.
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+ (Frameset For Sale)
    Lrg Fezzari Signal Peak 29+
    Lrg Pivot Shuttle 27+ (wife's)

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nurse ben View Post
    ...just get a moto if a motor is so important.
    fify

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Yes, Iíve ridden Slickrock on a mountain bike and on a mountain unicycle, and I ride everything. Sure itís hard, but isnít that the point?

The reality is that very few people on this forum and very few ebikers have the skills and/or desire to ride Slickrock.
    mountain unicycle - ok you win the thread! Hey I have fond memories of riding with Kris Holm on the North Shore back in the day - a legend of mtn Unicycle

BTW it was 20 years ago and foggy memory but I did not find slickrock all that hard, on my rigid Klein Atittude back then. Was just a super fun busy trail and I still had some fitness fomr XC racing back then. I know I could not clean it today on my non-e MTB, but my memory can't picture the whole thing any more

at any rate, when it comes to walk mode - I think Rocky Mountain forgot to program it into my bike. Had have to haul it up crazy steep gnarly stuff, and never had help from walk mode yet

cmg
    passed out in your garden

Name:	A78E2C56-6072-48F4-873C-457F1261A31E.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	1237839
    its goddam ugly is what it is
    always mad and usually drunk......

Bipolar roller

Just get a moto if a motor is so important.
    fify
    Excellent ďfifyĒ
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutch View Post
    Iím sure your son is pumped. I had a ktm 150SX for awhile, fun little ripper.
    Yup, that's the rig. He can't wait. Probably be riding it in the snow all next week during vacation!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Yes, Iíve ridden Slickrock on a mountain bike and on a mountain unicycle, neither was motorized, and I ride everything. Sure itís hard, but isnít that the point?

If you head out onto Slickrock without the necessary skills, walking your bike is the least of your worries.

Just get a moto if a throttle is so important.
    I don't know what "ebikers" you are talking about. Every single person I know who has decided to drop $$$$ on a quality eMTB is a skilled mountain bike rider.

And no "hard" is not the point. That is the fallacy that almost all ebike deniers have in their heads. Fun is the point. Get it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I don't know what "ebikers" you are talking about. Every single person I know who has decided to drop $$$$ on a quality eMTB is a skilled mountain bike rider.

And no "hard" is not the point. That is the fallacy that almost all ebike deniers have in their heads. Fun is the point. Get it?
    yep.

I have never seen a 'newbie' rider on an emtb the trails here yet. I have talked to some ex-pro riders who now sometimes ride eMTB they purchased. I would not call Ryder Hesjedal an unskilled newbie rider, Nurse Ben, lol (former 2 time World Champion mtn biker). It's mainly older experienced guys like me who've been riding 20-35 years on the MTB and have the cash and curiosity to give it a try. No different than someone using a shuttle or lift up the hill - that's the main purpose of the electrics.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by BCsaltchucker View Post
    yep.

I have never seen a 'newbie' rider on an emtb the trails here yet. I have talked to some ex-pro riders who now sometimes ride eMTB they purchased. I would not call Ryder Hesjedal an unskilled newbie rider, Nurse Ben, lol (former 2 time World Champion mtn biker). It's mainly older experienced guys like me who've been riding 20-35 years on the MTB and have the cash and curiosity to give it a try. No different than someone using a shuttle or lift up the hill - that's the main purpose of the electrics.

Wasn't Ryder Hesjedal accused of using electric assist during a road race? Tour of Flanders maybe? No surprise

Fun is the point. Get it?

"Fun" is defined by the participant. Some people find the hard to be their flavor of "fun". Get it?
    Wanted, SRAM GX 2x11 rear derailleur

It ain't supposed to be easy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    "Fun" is defined by the participant. Some people find the hard to be their flavor of "fun". Get it?
    I have no problem with people equating "hard" with "fun". I have a problem with people claiming "hard" is the entire point of cycling. That is pure bullshit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have no problem with people equating "hard" with "fun". I have a problem with people claiming "hard" is the entire point of cycling. That is pure bullshit.
    100% with ya!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

That's the problem with absolutes, they're usually absolutely wrong, no matter which side is tossing them out there. Here's one absolute that is true, this thread is an absolute cluster ****. As per usual.
    Wanted, SRAM GX 2x11 rear derailleur

It ain't supposed to be easy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I have no problem with people equating "hard" with "fun". I have a problem with people claiming "hard" is the entire point of cycling.
    I haven't seen anyone do that in this thread.

That Nurse Ben guy was specifically describing Slick Rock as being hard and folks choosing to ride it because they're looking for a challenge. Because some folks have fun challenging themselves on trails that involve difficult climbs.

Your bias is showing. Again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I haven't seen anyone do that in this thread.

That Nurse Ben guy was specifically describing Slick Rock as being hard and folks choosing to ride it because they're looking for a challenge. Because some folks have fun challenging themselves on trails that involve difficult climbs.

Your bias is showing. Again.
    My bias? This is what he said: "Sure itís hard, but isnít that the point?"

The answer is, it may be the point for YOU. It is not the point for EVERYONE.

BTW, as one of the few people on this forum who has actually ridden at least a dozen different MTBs from fully rigid 26x1.9" tired, cantilever braked 80's MTBs to 8" Freeride bikes, several motorcycles, and two different Class 1 ebikes on Slickrock, it is plenty hard on a Class 1 ebike. And tons of fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    two different Class 1 ebikes on Slickrock, it is plenty hard on a Class 1 ebike.
    It may be plenty hard for YOU. It is not plenty hard for EVERYONE.

That's your bias once again...

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by langster831 View Post
    Wasn't Ryder Hesjedal accused of using electric assist during a road race? Tour of Flanders maybe? No surprise
    'accused' by some knownothing innernet trolls. Just because you read it on some forum on the internet doesn't make it true such that it would be 'no surprise' to you. Or are you still keeping a subscription to the National Enquirer these days?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

That is a waist of time, braaap!

Snow Dog

it took me a minute to even find the pedals....

and it looks like one of those small wheeled mini dirt motorcycles my cousins used to use in the 70's to tear up the woods at my uncles farm...

that is honestly what I thought it was at first glance

if that is where e bikes are going, I can definitely see why uninformed "trail police" might mistake them for a motor cycle and react accordingly

and it goes 50mph...<- motor bike
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

Your Best Friend
    That is a waist of time, braaap!

What is a "waist of time"?

Is that a hula hoop clock?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah