Aquaman is an ebike fan :)- Mtbr.com
    E-Moderator
    Apr 2004

Pro Crastinator
    give a free bike to a dude that makes million of dollars? only a ton of different better ways to get the same amount of shameless self promotion. special ed sucks...

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    give a free bike to a dude that makes million of dollars? only a ton of different better ways to get the same amount of shameless self promotion. special ed sucks...
    Reading the PB comments, Jason M. is an avid mountain biker. Seems like pretty smart marketing to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up In Smoke
    That dude is pretty big, can that bike handle a guy his size?
    Kind of like playing an electric drum kit

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbiker View Post
    Reading the PB comments, Jason M. is an avid mountain biker. Seems like pretty smart marketing to me!
    my point was that they could have easily achieved the same level of marketing by giving a free bike to someone who isn't a millionaire and already owns a Spec. Levo, color me unimpressed...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Should have given Ken Block a handful of ebikes, see what neat tricks and power slides he can do with electric power, then see him modify the ebikes for even more power and better high flying tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C8Z...w&pbjreload=10

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    my point was that they could have easily achieved the same level of marketing by giving a free bike to someone who isn't a millionaire and already owns a Spec. Levo, color me unimpressed...
    So you can name off a person:
    Who is an avid mountain biker, as famous and as easily recognizably as Jason Momoa?

Big Mac
    So you can name off a person:
    Who is an avid mountain biker, as famous and as easily recognizably as Jason Momoa?

Avid mountain biker, or avid ebiker? I think the point is, why give something to somebody thatís got more than most?

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Avid mountain biker, or avid ebiker? I think the point is, why give something to somebody thatís got more than most?

Why does Nike endorse athletes that already make millions of dollars? Iím sure these athletes get not only lots of money, but free shoes.
    Just maybe thatís why Specialized gave this ebike to Jason M?
    Iím sure thereís lots of people who could benefit from a free bike/ebike, but just like most big corporation they need to get something out of it.

Big Mac
    Why does Nike endorse athletes that already make millions of dollars? Iím sure these athletes get not only lots of money, but free shoes.
    Just maybe thatís why Specialized gave this ebike to Jason M?
    Iím sure thereís lots of people who could benefit from a free bike/ebike, but just like most big corporation they need to get something out of it.

Nike sponsors professional athletes, people that make their living from their sport. Aquaman, is an actor, with a presumable following. Itís silly.

Trail Ninja
    It worked. I never heard of the guy but the story reached me. I haven't looked that close at a Levo before. Free ebike is a low price for the exposure I suppose. Didn't make me want to buy a Levo, but gives good vibes regarding the future of ebikes. Hope some normie doesn't try to steal my bike after seeing his.
    "The challenge is not in developing new ideas, but in escaping old ideas."

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    That dude is pretty big, can that bike handle a guy his size?
    Maybe before Covid-19?

Pro Crastinator
    Why does Nike endorse athletes that already make millions of dollars?
    if every movie the dude made was about him riding that bike around for hours on end. and if he also rode the bike for hours and hours everyday while practicing for his movie, then maybe you would have an actual point.

i guess if the kardashians rode bicycles and special ed gave them free bikes, you'd think that was cool too?

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    if every movie the dude made was about him riding that bike around for hours on end. and if he also rode the bike for hours and hours everyday while practicing for his movie, then maybe you would have an actual point.

i guess if the kardashians rode bicycles and special ed gave them free bikes, you'd think that was cool too?
    Budweiser sponsors a few NASCAR teams, yet I donít see their drivers drinking beer during NASCAR?

And if the Kardashians did ride bikes I bet several bike companies would jump at a chance to give them free bikes!

Itís called marketing!

Pro Crastinator
    i'm well aware of what it's called. i just personally think the idea of giving free stuff to the rich is silly and doesn't win you any bonus points with me...

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    i'm well aware of what it's called. i just personally think the idea of giving free stuff to the rich is silly and doesn't win you any bonus points with me...
    I can agree with that! The bike stuff I buy, I do a lot of research, not who races it or promotes it. The Levo is a pretty nice ebike, but IMHO too much money for what you get and I wouldnít own it for that reason!

Big Mac
    Budweiser sponsors a few NASCAR teams, yet I donít see their drivers drinking beer during NASCAR?

And if the Kardashians did ride bikes I bet several bike companies would jump at a chance to give them free bikes!

Itís called marketing!

Your logic is weird.

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    Your logic is weird.

Thatís strange because I was following your weird logic!

Big Mac
    Thatís strange because I was following your weird logic!

Really? Which was what?

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    Nike sponsors professional athletes, people that make their living from their sport. Aquaman, is an actor, with a presumable following. Itís silly.

Really? Which was what?

Your Nike quote above makes it seems like a person has to be actively using the product to be sponsored by Nike, but that is not the case! And when I pointed out Budweiser sponsoring Nascar, but yet the teams are not using their beer during practice or racing. Yet they are making a killing off of Budweiser!

Toyota is a sponsor of the Olympics, yet there is no sport that allows a Toyota to compete in an event. Do you see the marketing as to why these companies are sponsoring these entities or people? I'll help you out, these entities/people have a lot of exposure to people. Jason M./Aquaman has a huge global following!
    Whether that's right or wrong to give him an ebike for free is not for us to decide, but the money Specialized spent on that bike, is cheap advertisement that got a ton of exposure!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Companies give people free stuff because they figure its good marketing and will sell more of their wares. Its basic stuff, no mystery at all.

Marketing

Advertising

Basic, elementary stuff.
    No magic

Big Mac
    Your Nike quote above makes it seems like a person has to be actively using the product to be sponsored by Nike, but that is not the case! And when I pointed out Budweiser sponsoring Nascar, but yet the teams are not using their beer during practice or racing. Yet they are making a killing off of Budweiser!

Toyota is a sponsor of the Olympics, yet there is no sport that allows a Toyota to compete in an event. Do you see the marketing as to why these companies are sponsoring these entities or people? I'll help you out, these entities/people have a lot of exposure to people. Jason M./Aquaman has a huge global following!
    Whether that's right or wrong to give him an ebike for free is not for us to decide, but the money Specialized spent on that bike, is cheap advertisement that got a ton of exposure!
    Ok, dude. Whatever you say. Jeez.

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    Ok, dude. Whatever you say. Jeez.

I think you need to go out for a ride, you seem a little sensitive

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Building toys for the rich are always high end jobs. Building toys of the poor are always farmed out to the lowest bidder building with slave labor. That paint job is not a low end unskilled, low paying job.

Specialized is probably spending their marketing budget wisely. Mountain biking is a big ego sport. Ego is a big reason wallets are opened at the high end in this sport.

Marketing is never done to secure the people whom use logic and knowledge to make a purchase. Marketing is done to secure the bulk of the buyers whom buy based on emotion and perceived value.

Logic? we don't type in forums and especially, this type of thread because we are logical. We type in forums because we are social, emotional, stokeable human beings. We type our opinions, not facts. We are here because we want other people to stoke us and provoke us into actions beyond the postings we make in these threads. We are here because we pretend not to know what we came here for when we really, we know deep down inside what we came here for. Why then, are we shocked, when someone calls us out on it. Being logical is suck ass boring.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    What's that bike weigh? He looked less than relaxed holding it up with one hand.
    And I'd bet he
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    No matter where you stand on e-bikes and marketing, Aquaman was a terrible movie.

mtbr member
    Of course, if someone would pay me 7 figures to make a terrible movie I would be there in costume faster than you could say e-bike

Up In Smoke
    Are e-bikes cool? Jason Momoa just ended the debate

Dude wears birkenstocksÖ.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/birk...132200707.html
    Kind of like playing an electric drum kit

XC iconoclast
    I recently started following some dude on Strava, noticed he had a very odd combination of red and black apparel on while riding. He looked...like he was going to some costume party or something. Then I found out he almost always rides an e-bike. Apparently he's trying to be Spiderman or some other character offroad. He even has webbed red gloves with reptile-like soft spikes on them.

I mean...I get that us e-bikers are a bit eccentric but...this dude is really taking the whole thing way over the top. But hey he's having fun and obviously doesn't care what others think.

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Are e-bikes cool? Jason Momoa just ended the debate

Dude wears birkenstocksÖ.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/birk...132200707.html
    ...and has a stylist.

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.