• 06-25-2017
    SB Trails
    xo1 eagle cranks stronger then xx1 eagle cranks?
    sram says the xo1 cranks are their "trail" cranks.. Designed to the strength they use for the DH cranks and use a foam core to help make them stronger....

Does anyone know if xo1 eagle cranks are actually stronger then xx1 eagle cranks?

Or is it just marketing jibber jabber...

Right now.. the xo1 eagle system actually looks like a better way to go if the cranks actually are stronger.. for 50 grams you get stronger cranks and a derailleur that has aluminum arms (can bend them back into position to get home vs breaking/snapping like the carbon arms would do)..
  • 06-26-2017
    SB Trails
    Hmmm i would have thought there would have been a few guys in the know.. If i find anything out ill post it here.. or-- maybe in the only one that cares-- either way -- ill post here :p
  • 06-26-2017
    MozFat
  • 06-27-2017
    006_007
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MozFat View Post

Man they are pretty useless with their "reviews"

the clown makes the following statement:

"There’s more flex underfoot than with similar weight alloy cranks though"

And then that is the end of the article. Is that his opinion? Real world numbers? Pulled it out of his ............
  • 06-27-2017
    SB Trails
    That article was about the original xx1 cranks.. Not the new eagle cranks.. I have read that sram spent a good amount of time to make the new cranks quite a bit better.. Im trying to see if the eagle xo1's are stronger then the eagle xx1.. Sram says they use a foam core insert that makes the xo1's as strong as their dh stuff... marketing hype or factual?? (shoulder shrug)
  • 06-28-2017
    Jayem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SB Trails View Post
    That article was about the original xx1 cranks.. Not the new eagle cranks.. I have read that sram spent a good amount of time to make the new cranks quite a bit better.. Im trying to see if the eagle xo1's are stronger then the eagle xx1.. Sram says they use a foam core insert that makes the xo1's as strong as their dh stuff... marketing hype or factual?? (shoulder shrug)

Buy them both and test them to failure or saw them in half.
  • 06-28-2017
    MozFat
    What are you doing that makes strength so critical?
  • 06-28-2017
    noapathy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Attachment 1144018
  • 06-30-2017
    SB Trails
    Quote:

A-- im a bit of a Clyde..

B. JUST switched to flat pedals-- clipped a rock and exploded a xx1 crank.. So if i can get a stronger crank for just a few more grams---- sounds good to me..

plus---- im just trying to figure out what sram is thinking with these groupsets... is xx1 for racing and the ultimate light even at the sacrifice of strength? Vs xo1 --stronger and more geared for enduro while just a bit heaver? Or is it just ... xx1 is light vs xo1 is a bit heaver and cheaper..