XCX BB mount chain guide - can't center chainring???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

XCX BB mount chain guide - can't center chainring???

Anyone know what to do when the chain ring and crank are pushed too far out? There are no spacers installed, so as far as I can tell, the crank arm is as far in as it can go. The chain is rubbing against the outside edge of the guide regardless of which cog is selected and only gets worse as you get into the smaller cogs. Unfortunately, there is no way to space out just the plastic wear guide like you can with the MRP 1X, so I'm kind of stumped here.

For what it's worth, this is on a RIP 9 with Shimano SLX cranks with an eThirteen 32t guide ring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have trek superfly alum elite. Same problem with MRP 1x. On my bike there is a spacer behind (don't know if I have terminology right) cups for bottom bracket. 2.5mm on drive (sprocket side) i could have swapped out to left side - that would have moved sprocket inward or to the left - but don't have tools.

I ordered chainring spacers (3mm) from KCNC Chainring Bolts, Titanium Crank Bolts, KCNC, Aerozine
    I ordered mine a week ago and have not received them yet. They were most reasonable.
    Most places i found in states wanted to sell by bag of 20.

I tried local bike shop - they had no idea what i was talking about

remember you have to use double chainring bolts

also look at All About Bicycle Chainline

Does that help?

mtbr member
    It looks as though chain ring spacers are an option. It's unfortunate that the e13 doesn't use spacers in between the mount and the cage. It rides on a grooved channel, so spacing it out is not an option. I went ahead and ordered the MRP 1X due to the ability to add spacers to the cage and I'm going to sell the XCX.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    i added "extra" spacers to what MRP supplied - and mine still rubbed on outside - had to get longer bolt from hardware store due to extra spacers also.
    still ended up having to order chainring spacers to "help" center guide. good luck

Members who have read this thread: 0