mtbr member
    Jun 2007

New question here. Wolftooth 49t GC

I have one of these on my Sram 1x11 nx drivetrain and it works. But I don't understand why Sram continues to claim that it wont. They even went as far as telling me , that it is their design , and they should know what the capacity is. Does it shorten the life on the derailleur? I only use it the couple or three time I ride in the mountains a year. I've asked the GMBN Tech guys many times, but never get an Answer. I'm sure Sram is one of their big sponsors, but even when asking folks at Wheel World and such. And they sell both

mtbr member
    I use mine on Shimano xt. Holds up just fine. I wonder what the sram deal is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never trust a fart
    Quote Originally Posted by hippymtnbkr View Post
    I have one of these on my Sram 1x11 nx drivetrain and it works. But I don't understand why Sram continues to claim that it wont. They even went as far as telling me , that it is their design , and they should know what the capacity is. Does it shorten the life on the derailleur? I only use it the couple or three time I ride in the mountains a year. I've asked the GMBN Tech guys many times, but never get an Answer. I'm sure Sram is one of their big sponsors, but even when asking folks at Wheel World and such. And they sell both

Why would you think Sram will promote an aftermarket company? They are not going to do that, they are going to promote their own product. And I will bet that if you called Shimano, they will say that it won't work with their products either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    But Sram told me that they won't even consider making a larger cog for NX. Because 42 teeth is all that is compatible with the NX derailleur

Interplanetary Poultry
    Does Wolftooth make a derailleur cage for the NX derailleur? I know that Shimanos line is that the M8000 XT derailleur only works up to 46 teeth. Meanwhile I simply installed the offset derailleur pulley and cage from Wolftooth to go with the 49t cog. I wonder if the situation with SRAM is similar. Its not as if they don't make a 50t cog already, so they aren't telling you that just because the WT cog isn't one of their products.
    Editor In Chief, "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"
    "Home of Chuck Norris' Keyboard"