• 06-23-2019
    MX9799
    Sunrace CMX8 11-46 11 speed cassette
    PLanning on replacing my entire drivetrain soon, and was thinking of going with this cassette. Anybody know if it’s a decent reliable cassette that will work well with sram gx components? My current sunrace 11-42 has been good for a while now, but I wouldn’t mind the big rear cog for when I get tired, and sunrace’s mx8 looks to have better gear spacing than the Shimano XT cassette. I’d be running it with a 32T chainring. Thanks for any input?
  • 06-23-2019
    huckleberry hound
  • 06-24-2019
    MX9799
    Quote:

Originally Posted by huckleberry hound View Post

Sweet. Thanks Huck. Not sure how I missed that one, but it looks like the CMX8 11-46 is a big hit with most guys that have used it.
  • 06-24-2019
    Rhialto
    I have worn out 2 MX8 11-46 cassettes and they have performed well especially considering the price. As you say, the gear spacing is way better for me than the equivalent Shimano cassette - that big jump to the lowest gear feels odd. On my last MX8 I bent the largest cog (alloy) on a steep climb during a ride. I now am on my 2nd MS8 - same gearing but all cogs are steel. There is a slight weight penalty of course. MS8 11-46 534g vs MX8 11-46 485g. Approx 50g? I am happy to take the hit if it means that the cassette lasts longer - I spend a lot of time in 1st gear. (The hills are steep! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
  • 06-24-2019
    MX9799
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhialto View Post
    I have worn out 2 MX8 11-46 cassettes and they have performed well especially considering the price. As you say, the gear spacing is way better for me than the equivalent Shimano cassette - that big jump to the lowest gear feels odd. On my last MX8 I bent the largest cog (alloy) on a steep climb during a ride. I now am on my 2nd MS8 - same gearing but all cogs are steel. There is a slight weight penalty of course. MS8 11-46 534g vs MX8 11-46 485g. Approx 50g? I am happy to take the hit if it means that the cassette lasts longer - I spend a lot of time in 1st gear. (The hills are steep! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Good deal. Thanks man. I think I'm going to give the MX8 a try.

I read on the link Huck posted where I guy paired this cassette with an eagle 12sp chain with really good results. Anyone else try to run a 12sp chain with an 11sp cassette with good results?