• 11-09-2013
    sooza
    SRAM XX BB30 or GXP crank for BB90 BB ???
    I have a Trek TopFuel 2011 9.9 with a BB90 BB (bearings installed in frame). I recently purchased a SRAM XX BB30 crank off eBay and have since discovered the BB30 will not fit in my frame :madman: From what I can research, it is the SRAM XX GXP crank that I need. I would appreciate it someone would confirm this.
  • 11-09-2013
    Haint
    Be sure to get the BB90.
  • 11-09-2013
    sooza
    Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean? My TopFuel has a BB90. What crank should I buy? GXP ?
  • 11-09-2013
    Haint
    GXP applies to almost all SRAM BB - it's just a Seal configuration. If BB90 is supported, that's what you have to get; 90/92 is the BB Shell width and they have to drop in.

I just looked quickly at SRAM cranksets and BB30 is the only press-in I can find. The standalone GXP is threaded.
  • 11-09-2013
    Slash5
    I already posted this in your cross post in General Discussion:
    Yes, you need the GXP crankset. You will need the Trek BB for GXP.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/trek/trek-bb9...ms-776481.html

Make sure you research this - looks like the Top Fuel takes a special BB, something about a narrow Q-factor. The Enduro page has a warning:
    FRAMES THIS KIT WILL NOT FIT:
    --Trek mountain frames with BB90 bottom bracket shells.
    (Top Fuel Carbon and Hardtail Carbon)
  • 01-15-2014
    sooza
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    I already posted this in your cross post in General Discussion:
    Yes, you need the GXP crankset. You will need the Trek BB for GXP.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/trek/trek-bb9...ms-776481.html

Make sure you research this - looks like the Top Fuel takes a special BB, something about a narrow Q-factor. The Enduro page has a warning:
    FRAMES THIS KIT WILL NOT FIT:
    --Trek mountain frames with BB90 bottom bracket shells.
    (Top Fuel Carbon and Hardtail Carbon)

Thanks again Slash. I purchased the XX GXP crank and correct BB. Installed and riding now.