SRAM Rocket twisters. "AMY" vs non-"AMY"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

SRAM Rocket twisters. "AMY" vs non-"AMY"

I recently purchased a pair of Rocket 9 spd twisters thinking they were the ones one the Sram website. When I looked closely, mine says "Rocket AMY" and have a slightly different grip than the ones depicted on the sram site. What's the difference?

Derailleurless
    Ewwwwww.... you have GIRL shifters!!! Ewwww....

Naw, the 'Amy' just designates it's a smaller diameter grip. I don't think SRAM is going so far as to call them "woman specific", no more than smaller diameter ODI Ruffian grips getting a "girley" label. If you like they way they fit your hand, cool deal!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Allright... as long as i didn't get some old stock that doesn't work.. haven't mounted them yet? Are they Ok with 2x9 ultegra rear mech, 11-27 casette?

Derailleurless
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Solo
    Allright... as long as i didn't get some old stock that doesn't work.. haven't mounted them yet? Are they Ok with 2x9 ultegra rear mech, 11-27 casette?
    Yeah, unless something changed (it didn't) the Rockets are Shimano compatible, so as long as that 11-27 cassette you refer to has 9 cogs on it, you're good to go.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I use Amy grips on my 9.0 ESP shifters because they are smaller and better match the thickness of the bar grips I use. They seem to be holding up just fine so far (about a year or so), but I would expect them to wear out sooner due to the reduced thickness.

PS. They are also quite a bit lighter than the standard grips (for you weight weenies out there).