Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,290

    Sensah SRX Drivetrain?

    Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Sensah SRX drivetrain. It's a chinese 11-speed knockoff that looks pretty decent for the price.

    Sale ad:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SENS...890100255.html

    Name:  SENSAH-SRX-bicycles-Groupset-Group-Set-1X11-speed-Front-Derailleur-Rear-Derailleur-Support-11-42.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  73.9 KB

    I did a bit of googling and it seems like Sensah is (likely) a bunch of Chinese ex-SRAM engineers who started their own company after SRAM switched manufacturing facilities. Sensah derailleurs

    I'm not really planning on downgrading my Shimano drivetrain, but it seemed interesting, along with the 11-52t Shimano cassettes that are all over aliexpress for ~$40USD.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uzurpator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    663
    We had two discussions about those, when their rep (?) tried to shill them. They ware ~$150 then. I am a sucker for chinese oddities so I would get one. Especially since for 90 freedoms that is quite a sensible option.

    I'm not hurting for drivetrain tho.

    EDIT: Eff it. I'm going to buy a set and review it on my channel ( link below ).

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post

    EDIT: Eff it. I'm going to buy a set and review it on my channel ( link below ).
    NICE! Following, I too am a sucker for weird, different, unique. I'm sure it isn't hardcore mtn bike worthy, but it would probably be fine for say an around town cargo bike or such.
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

    FATTrailer for the kiddo

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rides Bikes View Post
    NICE! Following, I too am a sucker for weird, different, unique. I'm sure it isn't hardcore mtn bike worthy, but it would probably be fine for say an around town cargo bike or such.
    Honestly my first thought was "kids bike". Would be great to set my daughter up with a 1x11 for cheap. But looking forward to a review!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uzurpator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    663
    It has been done. Now I need to wait.

    Two months, because a carriage pulled by oxen ships this thing.

  6. #6
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    24,770
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    It has been done. Now I need to wait.

    Two months, because a carriage pulled by oxen ships this thing.
    I thought the shipping method had been upgraded to "dirigible"

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uzurpator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    663
    To my surprise - the mech and shifter arrived at my doorstep a few days ago. Here is my unboxing and first impressions:


  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Sensah SRX drivetrain. It's a chinese 11-speed knockoff that looks pretty decent for the price.

    Sale ad:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SENS...890100255.html

    Name:  SENSAH-SRX-bicycles-Groupset-Group-Set-1X11-speed-Front-Derailleur-Rear-Derailleur-Support-11-42.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  73.9 KB

    I did a bit of googling and it seems like Sensah is (likely) a bunch of Chinese ex-SRAM engineers who started their own company after SRAM switched manufacturing facilities. Sensah derailleurs

    I'm not really planning on downgrading my Shimano drivetrain, but it seemed interesting, along with the 11-52t Shimano cassettes that are all over aliexpress for ~$40USD.
    Bluntly, it may not even be SRAM engineers so much as idle SRAM tooling at the Chinese factory. It is not unknown, and in fact disturbingly common, for a contracted Chinese manufacturer to go into business for itself making exact "duplicates" of a western company's product and sell it to others. Frequently, bulk buyers find themselves on the wrong end of a patent infringement suit.

    There is an old, racist term in the "literature" of product imitation and patent infringement that is "Chinese copy." It is, unfortunately, fairly apt.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uzurpator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    663
    So I finally gotten to install and ride the thing. So I suspect some might want to witness the chronicle of this process.



    I also, frankly, need to get that, frankly, brain fart out of my system :>

  10. #10
    Barely in control
    Reputation: Schulze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,108
    Same price as SLX but without i-spec ii compatibility. I'd have to look at one in person to make a judgement about it. They just don't give enough information.

  11. #11
    Barely in control
    Reputation: Schulze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    To my surprise - the mech and shifter arrived at my doorstep a few days ago. Here is my unboxing and first impressions:

    [video=youtube;iOT3qRhhC_8]
    "Vicariously expeeriencing other people getting stuff appears to be popular" lol

    Does the shifter have multi-release? I couldn't tell in the video.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uzurpator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    663
    You can downshift in both directions, but just one gear at a time
    You can upshift five or so gears at once.

  13. #13
    Barely in control
    Reputation: Schulze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,108
    Cool, thanks. The downshift 2 at a time is why I sold my SLX shifters for XT and XTR.

Similar Threads

  1. Another drivetrain question- drivetrain noise
    By Streetdoctor in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. 2 x 10 drivetrain weight vs. 3 x 9 drivetrain weight
    By awai04 in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 01:20 AM
  3. Drivetrain issues - please help - x post from Drivetrain
    By yohyat in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 08:30 AM
  4. Raceface SRX ISIS BB - REPLACEMENT
    By peter_g8 in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 06:34 AM

Members who have read this thread: 81

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.