mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Raceface Atlas Pedals - how are they working out for you long term?

Hey guys, 7 months on my Atlas pedals and the right one is seizing and sounds terrible. I'm bummed to see these need a rebuild so soon and even more bummed that the kit costs as much as some pedals!!

Wanted to check with any other users. If they take 2 rebuilds per year at $50/kit, I might opt out. Is this the norm or am I an anomaly?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've been running a set for most of this season with absolutely no issues. Both are still turning very smoothly with no play at all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS650L View Post
    I've been running a set for most of this season with absolutely no issues. Both are still turning very smoothly with no play at all.
    Hmmm. Ok. My LBS just got my rebuild kit in stock. I'm going to rebuild these and see if my first time was the anomaly. Sure do love these pedals so I hope they work long term.

mtbr member
    My main bearing in my left pedal seized up after less than 30km, and race face wouldn't warranty them since it's the bearing that went. Kinda bummed that after only 3 short xc rides I have to buy a pricey rebuild kit for what are basically new (and expensive) pedals. I was really surprised they didn't at least offer to send me just the one bearing if nothing else.
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

J:
    Did you notice loud creaking, kind of sounds like saddle creak?... I still need to look into bb or cranks but I hear it coming from both sides when mashing
    video=youtube;][/video]...

mtbr member
    No for me it was something I felt first, sort of a clicking feeling in the left pedal. I thought it was just maybe a little loose on the spindle like some other people's I had read about. But when I took it apart, it was clear the bearing was totally stuck, even though the seals were fine and there was no grit or dirt in it.

Still can't believe thy wouldn't warranty something like that, not at all what I would have expected from race face.
    Tarekith.com

J:
    They definitely don't spin like new, still need to look into it...the three on the outside seem fine last time I put grease, they could be overpowering the inside one. Maybe rwc has some better replacement bearings, I wonder what size these are.

mtbr member
    6802-2RS

I ordered some spares from Amazon.
    Tarekith.com

J:
    Nice, didn't see the 2RS on the rwc site for some reason in their enduro max section ENDURO MAX BEARINGS: ULTIMATE SUSPENSION PIVOT BEARINGS!

IIRC 6802 is just the dimensions...I forgot what the differences are between 2RS, LLB MAX and the LLU MAX BO

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Mine got a little side-to-side motion and since they were only three weeks old, I took them to my LBS. Currently waiting on them to send an "update" kit, as I guess this has been a common issue. No word on them seizing on me, or anything. Hopefully this update kit they sent my shop ends up being a good, long-term fix.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Nice, didn't see the 2RS on the rwc site for some reason in their enduro max section ENDURO MAX BEARINGS: ULTIMATE SUSPENSION PIVOT BEARINGS!

IIRC 6802 is just the dimensions...I forgot what the differences are between 2RS, LLB MAX and the LLU MAX BO
    I think the 2rs is the inner race dimension. Just got mine from Amazon yesterday, fit fine in the pedal fwiw.
    Tarekith.com

How much does it weigh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    I think the 2rs is the inner race dimension. Just got mine from Amazon yesterday, fit fine in the pedal fwiw.
    No, 2RS is the seal.. 2 meaning both sides, RS is Rubber Seal.

From NTN Bearings,

What is the difference between LLB & LLU seals? The "LB" seal is a non-contact seal for reduced torque or higher speed requirements. The "LU" seal is contact seal for better grease contamination control, but the contact friction increases torque and lowers the limiting speed.