Ordered from Bike24 in Germany - 26 days still no package- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2014

UPDATE: Ordered from Bike24 in Germany - 26 days still no package

I ordered a bunch of XTR parts and other stuff from Bike24 in Germany last December 22, 2018. I have never ordered from this bike store before. I paid about Euros 25 for DHL shipping and based on experience DHL takes only about 7 Business days to mail the packages.

It has been 26 days and I still have not received my stuff. I sent two emails to Bike24 in the past two days and they have not responded.

I called DHL and provided the tracking number and they said that the package was received by Deutsche Post (a DHL affiliate) and they do not know where the package is right now. But they are certain that it has NOT left Germany.

This is the last time I will order from Bike24.
    The next time I will order from Bike-Discount.de instead.
    (I work for a German company in the US)
    Last edited by paxfobiscum; 01-22-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Up In Smoke
    Bummer, hope you don't get the skunk on this one. I'll scratch Bike24 off my list of possible vendors.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    DHL is typically very fast and I have stuff arrive from China within three days shipped via DHL. I did not know, however, that they were going to use Deutsche Post, the affiliate. Its dissapointing.

If I still don't get the parcel by next week I will call my credit Card and cancel the order.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    And contact bike24 to cancel the order there too?

If you post the complaint to the credit card and you get a refund, what happens when the package arrives a couple days later?
    Last edited by Forest Rider; 01-19-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Hitching a ride
    That sounds about right for bike24.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Has to go through customs, right?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Sounds like it is a postal issue if you already have tracking number.

It usually takes up to 2 weeks for me. The Deutsche Post or custom tend to delay it in Frankfurt. Not really the vendo's fault.
    Mayor v4
    Giant Toughroad

mtbr member
    I have used bike 24 several times with no problems.

But, on an order I did at the beginning of december with chain reaction (using DHL) I had a huge sh!tshow.

CRC sent the package via DHL as I requested. it was tracked through customs, cleared, and then.....never showed up. tracking said "on hold". Eventually DHL said they didnt know where the package was.

So CRC sent a second package (this was around 22 dec) again through DHL. Exact same result. DHL claiming they didnt know where the package was......

Third attempt by CRC , again through dhl (sent on 9 jan) and this one finally made it to me.

So to The OP - your problem does not seem to be with bike24 - you seem to be having an issue with DHL.

cmg
    passed out in your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    So to The OP - your problem does not seem to be with bike24 - you seem to be having an issue with DHL.
    I agree, why is Bike24 at fault when the package is in the post?
    always mad and usually drunk......

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by paxfobiscum View Post
    I did not know, however, that they were going to use Deutsche Post, the affiliate. Its dissapointing.
    Deutsche Post and DHL are basically the same thing...

I order almost everything from Bike24 (but from Germany). I'd email Bike24 customer service. I've had good luck there.
    --------------

[WTB] 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Worst shipping time I've had with DHL was 3 months.....massive headache getting that one sorted but in fairness I've used DHL many other times and they've been fault free and on time.

mtbr member
    That sucks. I live in the USA and usually have great luck with them. I've purchased from them 5-6 times...everything from components to tires and frames. Usually ships within 2-3 days...the shipping company is where things usually are tricky.

Last order was some Magura brakes n other assorted parts. It shipped within 48 hours, then stopped tracking on December 21 for almost 2 weeks before finally updating when it hit Customs in Miami. Was the longest time for delivery I've had from them.

Was the item in stock? I know you have to really watch their stock, as some sizes of same item will say "3 weeks" despite other sizes being in stock.

In any case that really sucks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I'm not overly fast, not slow, kinda halfast

mtbr member
    I've ordered from three different german bike shops within 2 years, and in my case, bike24 was the fastest.
    Don't discount the fact that the shutdown may have on Customs inspections and ports receiving goods, but even without a shutdown effect, DHL blows in general...They wanted me to send a picture of my passport when I ordered parts from chain reaction. Didn't happen and I had to cancel my order.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    They wanted me to send a picture of my passport when I ordered parts from chain reaction. .
    Why? I got a couple of things from them without a passport. BOA chargred me a $5 foreign transaction fee. 1 -3 weeks to get the box.

What are the other German part stores?

Bike24
    Bike-Discount.de

What else?

If I want to order a Tubus rack, or a Son dynamo, or a dt240, what are the choices?

I do not order things in December
    because the postal servives are forced to hire unemployed migrants to deal with the overflow

mtbr member
    Bike-components.de is a good one. Found a Fox 34 fork on there for 149 eu once...was an error, but they honored it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I'm not overly fast, not slow, kinda halfast

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    That sounds about right for bike24.
    I've only ordered from bike24 once. Took quite some time for me to get my order.

First thing that caught me was that they wanted to "verify" the credit card I used to pay. They deposited some small amount in my account and wanted me to tell them how much it was before they would move my purchase through the system. Of course, the e-mail telling me about this was caught in my spam filters, and it took me a week before I caught it. I would have appreciated some pre-purchase notice about that so I could have caught it.

And after that, yes, the shipping was still fairly slow. I've received faster shipping from China and the UK to the US, so maybe bike24 just sends everything via the slow boat. All I'd ordered were some hub tools, so nothing expensive or flashy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Bike24 is super legit, no reason to suggest they are to blame if the parcel has gotten delayed or lost in transit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Why? I got a couple of things from them without a passport. BOA chargred me a $5 foreign transaction fee. 1 -3 weeks to get the box.

What are the other German part stores?

Bike24
    Bike-Discount.de

What else?

If I want to order a Tubus rack, or a Son dynamo, or a dt240, what are the choices?

I do not order things in December
    because the postal servives are forced to hire unemployed migrants to deal with the overflow
    When I asked CRC about the passport they said DHL said there was a security problem, then when I asked DHL they sent me this...
    the security inspection of this package failed on July 10th and now the package is on hold. That is why the sender must provide a copy to your passport.
    Regardless, I obviously cancelled the order and other shipments from the uk and Germany have shipped fine since then, including from Bike24.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    My last two bike builds, I placed 2 big orders with Bike24. First order was just over a $1000.00. I received an email within hours confirming my order, and then a couple more emails detailing the shipping info. Received everything in a timely manner. Second order was for less money, but the exact same results. I've got a shopping cart with them right now with a $500.00 order in it. Just waiting for a Hope Tech item to come back into stock before hitting the buy button.
    2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude C70 Custom
    2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom
    2018 Orange Alpine 6 Custom
    2017 Knolly Warden Custom

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I received the package yesterday, 30 days after I made the order.

So the potential reasons for the delays are:

- Ordered in December
    - Bike24 does take some time to ship (from past reviews)
    - Bike24 had to do a credit Card check
    - Shipped through Deutsche post (DHL Express)
    - Passed through US Postal
    - Customs delay due to the shutdown

Suprisingly, the box was labeled with shipping express priority premium (or something along those lines). Overall, I feel satisfied that the items were not lost.

I Need a bunch of other stuff and I will try Bike-Discount.de. I have ordered from them before and I got my items in Business 7 days.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    I agree, why is Bike24 at fault when the package is in the post?
    This.

My family has a small online shop and I usually deal with the messages. When a package gets lost or it takes longer to arrive the customers treat me like it's me that is personally delivering their packages or something, and it's me that screwed up. My favourite is when they order something during the Christmas and New Years break and then a few days later they write an angry letter that they haven't received their order yet.

Yeah a shop can screw things up but when the package is late because of the curier, don't blame the shop.

Hitching a ride
    You feel satisfied the items were not lost? They're in your hand and you feel? I feel this was a bunch of panic and faff over nothing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyBoni View Post
    This.

My family has a small online shop and I usually deal with the messages. When a package gets lost or it takes longer to arrive the customers treat me like it's me that is personally delivering their packages or something, and it's me that screwed up. My favourite is when they order something during the Christmas and New Years break and then a few days later they write an angry letter that they haven't received their order yet.

Yeah a shop can screw things up but when the package is late because of the curier, don't blame the shop.
    Where did I state that Bike24 is at FAULT? Please Point that out to me.

I was describing my experience objectively. To Quote:

" I ordered a bunch of XTR parts and other stuff from Bike24 in Germany last December 22, 2018. I have never ordered from this bike store before. I paid about Euros 25 for DHL shipping and based on experience DHL takes only about 7 Business days to mail the packages.

It has been 26 days and I still have not received my stuff. I sent two emails to Bike24 in the past two days and they have not responded.

I called DHL and provided the tracking number and they said that the package was received by Deutsche Post (a DHL affiliate) and they do not know where the package is right now. But they are certain that it has NOT left Germany.

(I work for a German company in the US)"

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    You feel satisfied the items were not lost? They're in your hand and you feel? I feel this was a bunch of panic and faff over nothing.
    Yes I feel satisfied! What's wrong with that?

I work for a German company and I know how DHL (a German company) works. I use them all the time. I have sent and received packages through DHL from all over the world and these packages are recieved within 7 days, even from China.

Bike24 is a German company too and although I have never bought from them before, I had certain expectations. At the very least, I thought they would perform at par with Bike-Discount.de, whose packages I receive within 7 days.

So when I do not receive a package 26 days after I order it, and when DHL does not know where the package is - after I call them - then there is clearly a problem. Wouldn't you agree? Who is panicking? I wrote about my experience and that was all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Where did I state that Bike24 is at FAULT? Please Point that out to me.

I was describing my experience objectively.
    Well, to me this kind of sounds like you're blaming Bike24. Bike-discount uses DPD and DHL too, do you think their DHL is better than Bike24's DHL?

I've dealt with both companies before, no issues at all. I've had a warranty issue with an XG-1150 that I bought at bike24 and as a warranty replacement they sent me an XG-1180 back instead. They answered all of my emails too. Maybe i'm special?

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I received the package yesterday, 30 days after I made the order.

So the potential reasons for the delays are:

- Ordered in December
    - Bike24 does take some time to ship (from past reviews)
    - Bike24 had to do a credit Card check
    - Shipped through Deutsche post (DHL Express)
    - Passed through US Postal
    - Customs delay due to the shutdown

Suprisingly, the box was labeled with shipping express priority premium (or something along those lines). Overall, I feel satisfied that the items were not lost.

I Need a bunch of other stuff and I will try Bike-Discount.de. I have ordered from them before and I got my items in Business 7 days.
    Did the components end up being free?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyBoni View Post
    Well, to me this kind of sounds like you're blaming Bike24. Bike-discount uses DPD and DHL too, do you think their DHL is better than Bike24's DHL?

I've dealt with both companies before, no issues at all.
    Well, I will find out in a few days (weeks?) who has the better DHL. LOL. Will order from BD this week and let all of you know.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Well, I will find out in a few days (weeks?) who has the better DHL. LOL. Will order from BD this week and let all of you know.
    I went out on a bike ride and I fell. Conclusion = i'll never ride my bike again because there is a possibility that I will fall again.

There is no point to this thread. Just more internet gossip. This is like when someone cracks their frame and immediately goes on a forum and starts raging about how bad that certain brand is even tho their frame cracking is like one in a million. Actually this is worse since most likely the long delivery time wasn't even bike24s fault. Bike24 is one of the biggest online shops in Europe not some random company that is trying to scam their customers. And no I don't work for them.

If you weren't panicking, you are not mad etc. then why would you start this thread? It's not helping anyone. I don't see why you can't just keep all this to yourself. Sh*t happens, deal with it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Good grief man, can you just chill!
    You might get an aneurysm.

OMG, it was just a post explaining what I went through.
    Why the heck are you so freaking angry?

Please just relax.

Lets you and me ride your favorite trail and have some beers on me afterwards.

Peace!

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Good grief man, can you just chill! You might get an aneurysm.

OMG, it was just a post explaining what I went through. Why the heck are you so freaking angry?

Please just relax.
    Yup, i'm blasting death metal and hitting my keyboard with my fist and forehead. Not angry, I guess I just have a soft spot for this topic because i've had a shop and pain in the azz customers before. You should have seen my old boss when his bike shop got a one star rating that wasn't exactly fair...
    No problem with sharing. Share it with your friends.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I'm with you buddy.
    I'm with you!

Magically Delicious
    The correct answer lies somewhere in all of those posts above.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X