Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Nokon Cables

620 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  applegreenheckler 
#1 ·
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina where tropical rain forest like enviroment destroys cables and housing like mad. I usually don't go for the bling-bling focusing more on function but these sealed Nokon cables are nice and claim to be able to last 3 times longer then standard cables.. I've only had one wet ride on them so far but the inner shealthing that runs the length of the cables seems to be do a great job of keeping moisture and grit out. The other thing I've noticed is the lack of cable stretch which is great.

Jeremy

See less See more
#2 ·
I only wish Nokon made an "adapter" piece to allow me to connect a string of their beads to a length of standard 5mm housing.

I prefer full length runs, but a full length run of Nokons is expensive and at the same time wasteful. The Nokon beads shine in tight radius bends, and would be great between the main frame and the swing link, but I'll settle for plain-jane housing along the top tube, downtube, and stays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.