mtbr member

New question here. MRP AMg V2 not fitting.

Did anyone ever have a problem with MRP AMg V2 chain guides not lining up with the chain rings?

It's a ISCG-05 type and the inside of the guide is hard up against the chain ring and no there is NO spacers behind the top guide or the plate.

It seems the offset distance from the ISCG-05 mounting holes to the chain ring is wrong either on the guide itself or the frame.

Does anyone know what the offset distance should be so I can measure it?

Cheers.

MRP AMg V2 not fitting.-mrp.jpg

> /dev/null 2&>1
    That's odd. I don't have this particular guide, but usually they start out too far inboard and need to be spaced out the desired amount with washers.

It sucks to have to do it but can you grind down the inside of plastic guide piece a little? Not the channel that the chain goes through, but the outer part which rests on the metal, on the right in your picture. This will nudge it over a little but maintain the same width of the chain channel.

mtbr member
    Yea it is odd.. It did come with a set of spacers to bring the guide out further but that doesn't help unfortunately. I checked the chain line and that seemed fine aswell which makes me thing that it could be an error in the guide or the ISCG tabs on the frame are out too far.

Hopefully someone know what the standard distance is from the tabs to the chain ring so I know which is wrong.

mtbr member
    What frame is it? Are the crank and chainring stock?

The center of the chainring should be 49mm from the centerline of the BB. The ISCG tab standard is a little less well defined.

Thanks,
    Jon @ OneUp

since 4/10/2009
    I was also second-guessing whether the crank was installed correctly.

Worst case scenario, you could face the ISCG tabs to move the guide inboard.

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    I was also second-guessing whether the crank was installed correctly.

Worst case scenario, you could face the ISCG tabs to move the guide inboard.
    Lot of work, I say just grind down the plastic part of the guide (not in the chain channel, on the side mounting to the metal)

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Procter View Post
    Lot of work, I say just grind down the plastic part of the guide (not in the chain channel, on the side mounting to the metal)
    That's why I said "worst case", FWIW. ;-)

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Howdy,

Looks like an XX1 crankset from here, so that'd be a 49mm chainline. My guess is that either your bike has a pressfit BB and the tabs are too far outboard or you have a threaded BB and a spacer on the non-drive side (which would pull the chainline inboard on a GXP system).

We design most of our guides to accommodate a 49mm chainline when mounted directly to ISCG tabs that are 36.5mm from the centerline of the frame. On a standard threaded 73mm BB shell that means ISCG tabs that are flush with the face of the BB (73/2=36.5). We have seen some frames with pressfit BBs where the ISCG tab location is beyond that. IIRC, the last frame where that was the case was an Intense T275c.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    My bad, yes its a XX1 drivetrain on a Tracer T275C. Its a pressfit BB and it does seem like the tabs are out too far..

mtbr member
    sab666, what did you end up doing to get the chainline? I just bought a '15 tracer 275C and a MRP AMG V2 guide running xt cranks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    sab666, what did you end up doing to get the chainline? I just bought a '15 tracer 275C and a MRP AMG V2 guide running xt cranks.
    Nice ride!

I just ended up grinding down the inside face of the top guide until it lined up with the chain. It's probably the easiest fix..

Where do you ride?

mtbr member
    I should clarify. By 'inside face' I mean the back of the guide which is against the carrier, not the inside where the chain is.