• 02-21-2020
    NatusEstInSuht
    MicroShift Advent X - New 10-speed Advent system?
    MicroShift has just posted this YouTube video on how to install and adjust their Advent X rear derailleur. It appears to have a 10-speed cassette.

Has anyone heard anything about Advent X? There's nothing on MicroShift's website about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ualzeRSqllo
  • 02-22-2020
    scoon
    That video is unavailable. But, I run the Advent 9 and I really like it. I'd love to see a wider range 10spd option for sure!
  • 02-22-2020
    NatusEstInSuht
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scoon View Post
    That video is unavailable. But, I run the Advent 9 and I really like it. I'd love to see a wider range 10spd option for sure!

So if MicroShift has taken the YouTube video down just a few hours after it was uploaded, it looks like this was an unplanned leak.

I guess we'll hear about Advent X in a few days or weeks.
  • 02-22-2020
    scoon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NatusEstInSuht View Post
    So if MicroShift has taken the YouTube video down just a few hours after it was uploaded, it looks like this was an unplanned leak.

I guess we'll hear about Advent X in a few days or weeks.

w00ts! That would be nice!
  • 02-24-2020
    DeeEight
    Considering they already make both shimano and sram compatible 10 thru 12 speed shifter variants, and their own 10, 11 and 12 derailleurs copy the shimano geometries... not sure why they need to do the advent crap to a 10 speed group. So they can offer another worse alternative to Deore ? Their existing 10 speed RD-M785L clutch rear derailleur is already compatible to a 42T cog.
  • 04-15-2020
    NordieBoy
    I like the looks of it.
    Wish they'd do the shifter for Advent 9spd.
  • 04-15-2020
    93EXCivic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    Their existing 10 speed RD-M785L clutch rear derailleur is already compatible to a 42T cog.

The new Advent X is 11-48.