mtbr member
    Nov 2015

How can I convert "High direct Mount" on frame to SRAM "Braze-On"?

Hello.

I have a high direct mount for a front derailleur on my bike.

I would like to install a SRAM "Force 22" 2-speed chainrings whose mount type is Braze-On.
    Thus, I need some converter to change the mount type.

The attached image shows the Braze-On adapter that I exactly want.
    However, I cannot find a dealer who sells the product.

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How can I convert "High direct Mount" on frame to SRAM "Braze-On"?-516623d1264947700-direct-mount-xt-sram-xx-mount-topdown_585.jpg  

Positively negative
    Mar 2010

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Yes, I have already watched the thread, but cannot find the seller in the internet.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Did a little research and it looks like that was a product that had very limited use (before Sram had direct mount front mechs). Most of the ones that still exist are likely in the bottom of parts boxes long forgotten about. You may get lucky and find one on eBay, apparently Trek may have made one too.

But for clarification, you are attempting to mount a road crankset, rings, and derailer on a mtb?

If so, are you sure the crank arms and rings will clear your chainstays?

It also doesn't seem like this product will allow for the derailer to be adjusted high enough for road rings. Maybe cross, 36/46, but you could do that with mtb cranks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Thank you very much for your response.

Let me summarize current my bike set-up and my wish.

The frame is just a normal aluminum 15" MTB, but a year ago, I installed BBS02 motor which is mid-driven and installed on BB. So... My bike is E-Bike.

However, Sometimes, I would ride a bike without a battery, but unfortunately the mid-driven motor supports only a single chainring.

That is why I decided to install a multiple front chainrings.
    SRAM 50/34T force22 crank set is perfect for my need.

At the first time, I have set up Force22 derailleur, chainrings, and shifter. All of the components are compatible each other.
    Unfortunately, the offset between the lower chainring and BB is too far. A front derailleur problem arose, here.

I could not find some aluminum extension to make the offset for Braze-On type mount, but found one for High Direct Mount type. (https://www.slowtwitch.com/articles/...rect_mount.jpg) So, I purchased and install the mount and a derailleur (M771D). But, it does not seem compatible with my shifter, but looks OK with the SRAM Force 22 chainrings.

In conclusion, now, I need the converter for the braze-on derailleur, or another derailleur which is compatible with my current drive-train.

Thank you for your interest.

since 4/10/2009
    You're doing something unusual and VERY nonstandard.

Expect that the process will take much experimentation and possibly a bunch of new parts, rather than just an adapter. Unless you have a way to get such an adapter fabricated, which is also part of such experimentation.