Free seal upgrade for Enduro BB Kit owners.- Mtbr.com
    otb club member

Free seal upgrade for Enduro BB Kit owners.

Since introducing the Outboard Bearing Replacement Kit a few weeks ago, we developed a better seal/spacer for the bearing cups. It seals from the axle to the ID of the cups. It's silicone based and works great. Anyone who purchased the kit and wants the upgrade seals can email me ([email protected]) . The blue seals will still be included with the kit because they fit the road cups better. Here are a couple of pics of the new seals on a Race Face setup with our upgraded bearing kit:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    That looks real nice. I'll have to check those out.

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Wow, you guys keep making a great upgrade even better. I just put a set in my RF cups. I went out and got a set of pin punches that made it very easy. I was a bit worried that I didn't get them pressed in far enough due to some drag. Turns out it was just the seals breaking in. One ride and they spen better than ever, so smooth. I am very impressed with all the prodcuts you guys put out.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by kev0153
    Wow, you guys keep making a great upgrade even better. I just put a set in my RF cups. I went out and got a set of pin punches that made it very easy. I was a bit worried that I didn't get them pressed in far enough due to some drag. Turns out it was just the seals breaking in. One ride and they spen better than ever, so smooth. I am very impressed with all the prodcuts you guys put out.
    Thanks, Kev. Glad to hear they are working well for you. The RF can be tricky. If the spacers are wrong, the bearings can be subject to side-loading since the crank gets fully "bottomed" and torqued. You must have gotten it right!

otb club member
    This post has continued to generate requests for the upgraded seals so I'm bumping it up just once in hopes of catching any more customers who may have missed out. Thanks for your indulgence...

Singletrack Addict!!!

Good job!

Hey Chris! those look way better than the ones all bb brands come with. Will you be offering those separate as an upgrade to those of us that have just re-packed the original bearings?, will they fit? or will you be offering a separate kit to accomodate the need? as you know the factory ones are a little sensitive to breakage when not removed very carefully.

Thanks! and keep up the Great work!
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    Hey Chris! those look way better than the ones all bb brands come with. Will you be offering those separate as an upgrade to those of us that have just re-packed the original bearings?, will they fit? or will you be offering a separate kit to accomodate the need? as you know the factory ones are a little sensitive to breakage when not removed very carefully.

Thanks! and keep up the Great work!
    R, thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, if you were to remove your OE plastic caps and replace them with our seals, you would have 1mm of slop between the OE bearings and the spindle/axle. Remember that the OE caps also act as shims around the spindle. Our bearings have a smaller OD and don't require a shim...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Chris, I got your seals. Can't wait to put them on. Your products keep getting better and better, and your attention to detail (both products and documentation!) is this board's great asset. Keep up good work! By the way, your Fox seals were very easy to install, thanks again to your detailed how-to.

Best

mtbr member

Good stuff

Are any pictorials/instructions for Shimano outboard bearing installations available?
    Thanks!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Are any pictorials/instructions for Shimano outboard bearing installations available?
    Thanks!
    Yes. I temporarily pulled them off the site because they show the old seals and I need a couple of other things updated. I should have them updated and and back on the site by the end of the weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0