e thirteen 11 to 12 speed conversion kit- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

e thirteen 11 to 12 speed conversion kit

Has anyone installed it? Problems or issues? Want to go with a 50t cassette to get lower gear. Haven't seen the kit advertised with the 50t, only the 46.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kente View Post
    Has anyone installed it? Problems or issues? Want to go with a 50t cassette to get lower gear. Haven't seen the kit advertised with the 50t, only the 46.
    I had the kit on my bike and loved it. The kit is pretty easy to install, but does have a couple spots where you need to pay a lot of attention. The bearing orientation (up/down) on the gear selector needs to be in the correct direction, as if you donít get it right, itíll bind and not shift right. Once fitted correctly, works great.
    I had the 46t cassette version and had no issues with clearance on the last cog. Not sure how it will do with 50, but imagine it should clear it.
    Only reason I changed it out was I went Shimano 12speed shifter and derailleur (which I ended up not liking as much and ended up back with SRAM Eagle a couple months later)
    Cassette has stayed on the bike and now has about 500miles of riding and still shows very little wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not overly fast, not slow, kinda halfast

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I just found from the e thirteen website that the kit will not work with the 50t cassette. It requires a new derailleur. My goal is to get a lower gear. I have already gone to an elliptical chain ring that is the smallest that will fit on my crank (30t) and I am running the 11 speed 46t e thirteen cassette so the only thing left is to go to a 50 or 52t cassette. Will probably wind up with SRAM X01 plus the e thirteen 12 speed 50t cassette.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kente View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I just found from the e thirteen website that the kit will not work with the 50t cassette. It requires a new derailleur. My goal is to get a lower gear. I have already gone to an elliptical chain ring that is the smallest that will fit on my crank (30t) and I am running the 11 speed 46t e thirteen cassette so the only thing left is to go to a 50 or 52t cassette. Will probably wind up with SRAM X01 plus the e thirteen 12 speed 50t cassette.
    The thing to take into consideration when doing the 46 to 50 tooth cassette change is the increase in rotational weight. The e13 cassette weighs under 300gm. The GX Eagle weighs like 500. Thatís another 1/2lb of rotational weight to spin.

Iíve had both and frankly didnít see a real difference between the 46t and 50t in real life application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not overly fast, not slow, kinda halfast

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yes, the weight of the e13 is a consideration. And I think that they make a quality product. I've been running the 11 speed 46t for two full seasons and it is still shifting smoothly without ever having been adjusted. Don't know if I'll really benefit from the 50 versus 46t but I'm getting old and need all the help I can get.