mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Deore XT RD Little Boot & Clip

Does anyone have a Shimano or other part number for this rear derailleur boot & clip?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Look man I check the sheme of the rear derailleur XT and these part don't figure on it.(it's the official plan of the derailleur from shimano with the description of all part! What year is this part does it a recent derailleur? For me it doesn't look to be a part of a XT rear derailleur

Old man on a bike
    Try asking for one at your local bike shop, they usually have miscellaneous small parts.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The LBS's around here aren't interested in doing any work past "nope, don't carry that".

The derailleur is on a 2005 bike.

...idios...
    You'll get the rear section from JensonUSA (link). Have you tried contacting Shimano directly?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

neutiquam erro
    Complete shot in the dark here, but if "no joy" with Shimano (as Steve suggests), perhaps contact Speedgoat. They're the first online shop I go to for weird part issues if the LBS can't hook me up. No promises, just another idea...

Cheers, Chris

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here is a link to the part listing for a RD-M750 rear derailleur

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830611911.pdf

Be aware that bike shops can order these, but Shimano has a minimum order amount- I got around it by also ordering extra pulley wheels.
    I bike; therefore, I work

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    i wouldnt worry about having the piece personally, i know ive gotten that ripped off of XT's ive had and they have worked fine until some root or stick has caught them and ripped them off

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I fumbled around the Shimano site I couldn't find the drawing. That's just the drawing I need. I'll try Speedgoat, looks like a great place, thanks for the heads up. And your right about needing the thing, proabaly doesn't do much. It's just I was doing the rebuild a while ago and the one on there was a little ripped up from a frayed cable and I was getting a bit anal about it....

Thanks vatos!

Members who have read this thread: 0