BB92 Press fit BB: How much "press"ure?- Mtbr.com
    Uncle

BB92 Press fit BB: How much "press"ure?

I just received my new BB92 spec frame and matching Shimano BB. After reading the brief instructions, I "pressed" the BB into the BB shell. I'm a bit perplexed because the bottom bracket went in perhaps too easily(?) - I was able to get them 90% in 2-3 seconds, using my bare hands. I used my headset press (similar to the one below - no wing nuts) to push it in gently the rest of the way, and it didn't require any wrenches; I just turned the headset press nuts with my with my hands like I was wringing out a washcloth, and it seated all the way. Is this right? I was expecting it to require at least a bit of torque to get them in. This is my first go with a Press-Fit BB, so I'm unfamiliar with their tolerances, but I'm certain I've never seated a headset this easily - have always needed wrenches on the press.

Mine has bigger nuts (that's what she said), but basically the same. What do you experienced techies think?
    thx

Dirty South Underdog
    Depends on the frame. Some are looser/tighter than others (that's what he said).
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

Uncle
    So checking the fitment of the cranks on the frame, I slid in the drive side crank arm spindle into the bearings and seated them. What do you know, when I pulled the crank to pop it out of the bearings, the drive side BB shell & sleeve came off with the cranks.

Andrea138, thanks for the reply. Seems to be on the loose side to me, but again - first time. Anyone else thinking this?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I haven't played with them myself yet but have been doing some research, though not much in the install area yet but I believe I read somewhere it's dependent on the frame manufacture..? not positive on that though but might be worth a look on their website.?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    here's the park's thread on it.. seems they just go until they are flush..

Park Tool Co. ParkTool Blog BB90 (BB86, BB92, etc) Bottom Bracket Service
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 1