Bashguard questions - help- Mtbr.com
    KVW
    Law abiding citizen

New question here. Bashguard questions - help

I'm ditching my 3rd chainring on my mountain bike's Shimano SLX crankset and adding a BBG's Superlight bashguard over my 36t chainring. On his site it says "You will need shorter bolts or washers with Superlights because they are only 1/16 inch thick." Does any one know where I can buy the right sized chainbolts for this change? I was told single speed chainbolts would work but that doesn't seem right... ?

Also for my other road bike, I want to ADD a bashguard on top of my 3rd chainring so I can stop snagging my pants on the chainring. Does anyone know where to purchase longer chainbolts for this change?
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    SS chain bolts for the first question. Most LBS will have them.

I have never seen the longer ones at LBS so you may need to order online.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Thanks for the confirmation on the SS bolts for the 3rd ring removal.

For the addition to the 3rd ring, I'll keep looking for longer chainring bolts online. I was thinking about it, in this scenario, I'll probably need a spacer of some type too right? Like a washer between the chainring and the bash guard? Otherwise I don't see how the chain will be able to seat properly with a plate stuck up against the teeth.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

meow meow
    i know there are extra long bolts meant to work with thicker bashes, you may want to look there.

Members who have read this thread: 0