22t /36t/bash?- Mtbr.com

Thread: 22t /36t/bash?

Apr 2006

22t /36t/bash?

Can you run a 22/36/bash setup with a front der.? My new ride came with a single ring 36t/bash and chainguide system but I need to have a 2 ring bash setup on it and I'm wondering if I could get away with just getting a 22 ring and leaving the 36t on there as a middle grounds between the standard 32/44. Would this affect the shifting, am I going to be able to dial in the front der. to this type of setup?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Sure... 14T jumps aren't outside of what a derailleur can handle.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Gravity Rides Everything
    should work. honestly unless you're doin a lot of road miles on that bike too, it's all you need.

2 ring/bash setups rock.

i had a 22/32 system on my old specialized enduro, and that thing went anywhere. soooo much ground clearance

Look at the time!
    get any regular Shimano front der. (i'm running 22-36-bash with an LX front der.), it'll work w/o problems. 22-36 makes sense, too. Combined with a standard 11-32 or 11-34 cassette, it gives you one more usable gear than 22-34t would.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

Some Assembly Required
    Yes you can run that setup. Ft. derailluer should adjust w/no prob.
    22-36t might cause some shiftin' issues, may not, jus' have to try it. I went from 22-32t-bash to 22-34t-bash, then to 24-34-bash, then to 24-36t-bash, then to 26-36-bash. No shifting issues, but, if you do go to a 26t granny, go to a 24t for awhile 1st. O'yeah this is w/a 11-34 cassette.

I really don't see a need for a third ring on a mtn. bike but thats just me.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Apr 2006

Thanks to All!!!

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

Members who have read this thread: 0