~~888r on a 2002 JOKER??~~too slack?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

~~888r on a 2002 JOKER??~~too slack?

I got a buddy who's gonna be putting an 8" 888r on his large 2002 Ellsworth Joker (6" travel). IMHO this will be the most choppered ride around! He doesn't think so. Should he go for the 7" version with go-ride's low-rider crowns, or look for a different fork altogether?

Jm.
    mtbr member
    those bikes are pretty choppered with 6" forks...let alone 8. They are excessively slack bikes, even for their purpose.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just put a 7 inch 888 with the Lowrider Crowns on my medium Scream this past weekend and it was just right. 66 deg head angle. I measured the 8 and it would have been a little to slack for me on that bike even with my crowns. It would take a quick handling bike and make it a pig. An 8 inch 888 on a joker would be a joke. You might as well just start callling him Easy Rider now.

hcor enthusiast
    i rode my joker w/ an '01 super T for a while and that worked fine out in moab and around new england trails too. i wouldn't go w/ a bigger fork though, because you'll definitely get the front end a bit too high to climb anything technical w/o great effort. maybe a DC slider is the fork for him?
    We are to blame because our culture has come to value two qualities above all else: “cheap”, and “more”.