~Clydesdale fork choices? Help~- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

~Clydesdale fork choices? Help~

So, Iím considering a new fork for my ride, and Iím not sure if the 66rcx2 is going to be beefy enough for someone pushin 230lbs with gear or not. Or if I should just stick to the tried and true dual crown? Itís either a 66rcx2 or a Travis Triple, what do you guys suggest, and why?

wishiwereridingmybike
    what kind of bike are you riding, and what type of riding do you do.
    If its for more all mountai use the 66 wil be fine but if yore gonna be doing DH or big hucks than a DC fork is better for anybody.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer
    So, Iím considering a new fork for my ride, and Iím not sure if the 66rcx2 is going to be beefy enough for someone pushin 230lbs with gear or not. Or if I should just stick to the tried and true dual crown? Itís either a 66rcx2 or a Travis Triple, what do you guys suggest, and why?
    I would run dual crown, but the 66 is a very beefy fork and you can't go wrong there....Marz will tell you that you don't need a heavy spring but I would get one......just talk to the tech dept at Marz......they will steer you right

from what I hear.....Travis is started to have problems already
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Riding a big bike. Not sure which one yet, I'm actually shopping as we speak. I was thinking Dirtbag with one of those forks.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer
    Riding a big bike. Not sure which one yet, I'm actually shopping as we speak. I was thinking Dirtbag with one of those forks.
    Big Bike....might want to look into the New specialized Big Hit with the 26 inch rear tire.....don't get the entry one
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Big Bike....might want to look into the New specialized Big Hit with the 26 inch rear tire.....don't get the entry one
    Yeah that's a nice lookin' ride, what's the word on those this year? I liked the fact that they went dual 26". What's the difference between the high end 888 and the 888vf though?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I would run dual crown, but the 66 is a very beefy fork and you can't go wrong there....Marz will tell you that you don't need a heavy spring but I would get one......just talk to the tech dept at Marz......they will steer you right

from what I hear.....Travis is started to have problems already
    Just out of curiousity...I got offered a Giant DH Comp for $1800+ tax, roughly $2k OTD...how's that Rockshock Race fork? They told me it was an 05'(the green one with the low top tube) but I went on their site and didn't see DH's for 2005, they call it the 2004 fall collection?

Meh.
    Giant does their releases all wierd-like. We have their "2007" bikes already.

Gear Whore
    I am 270 and ride an 04 dirtbag and LOVE it...great bike and the guys at Transition really care about their customers....

I am running a dual crown now and am looking to get a singlecrown...and from what I have seen so far that fork should do fine for ya...but I hear the 66sl would not be the best choice (too bad its a wicked fork).

Good luck and happy riding.

Members who have read this thread: 0