Z1 Sport confusion- Mtbr.com
    Me hates pinchflat

New question here. Z1 Sport confusion

I am confused
    I am thinking in buying a Z1 Sport somewhat soon, and I was pretty sure that it had 150mm of travel. However, in the Marzocchi website, it appears as if it had 130mm of travel
    Here it is: Z1 Sport

In both Jenson and Blue Sky it appears as 150mm:
    Jenson

Blue Sky

Were Marzocchi's wep page designers drunk when they wrote this?

Oh and another quick question. I noticed that the Z1 Sport RV 2007 OEM is around the same price as the Z1 Sport 2006. Which dampening is better, RV or SSV? Which one of the two forks is better overall?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    The 06" has 6in 150mm
    I'm not sure wear this 130mm is comming from , the last 20+ Z-1 sports I have rebuilt were all 6in .

FYI: the 07" Z-1 sports are assembled in Taiwan and only have rebound damping .
    the 06" were assembled and made in Italy and feature compression AND Rebound damping !

There should also be about a $100 differnce between the retail price of the 06" compaired to the 07" ( 07" being less exspensive )

TRy to get a 06" if you can hands down one of the best forks marzocchi has made in the past few years

Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    I am confused
    I am thinking in buying a Z1 Sport somewhat soon, and I was pretty sure that it had 150mm of travel. However, in the Marzocchi website, it appears as if it had 130mm of travel
    Here it is: Z1 Sport

In both Jenson and Blue Sky it appears as 150mm:
    Jenson

Blue Sky

Were Marzocchi's wep page designers drunk when they wrote this?

Oh and another quick question. I noticed that the Z1 Sport RV 2007 OEM is around the same price as the Z1 Sport 2006. Which dampening is better, RV or SSV? Which one of the two forks is better overall?

Thanks
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    The 06" has 6in 150mm
    I'm not sure wear this 130mm is comming from , the last 20+ Z-1 sports I have rebuilt were all 6in .

FYI: the 07" Z-1 sports are assembled in Taiwan and only have rebound damping .
    the 06" were assembled and made in Italy and feature compression AND Rebound damping !

There should also be about a $100 differnce between the retail price of the 06" compaired to the 07" ( 07" being less exspensive )

TRy to get a 06" if you can hands down one of the best forks marzocchi has made in the past few years
    Lmao...yeah, my bud has an 06 and was considering selling it. I started looking into prices and the 07s are bieng sold for chump change. I hadn't realized at the time the differences between the two. Kinda blows if you're trying to sell an 06 and most people would see the msrp on the 07s, thus passing on the deal.

respect the wildlife
    Don't get the Sport for either year - get the Light or the SL, which have the RC2 damping for both years.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob
    Don't get the Sport for either year - get the Light or the SL, which have the RC2 damping for both years.
    I hear the Z1 light is great, but they don't exist for '07 (Z1SL either, it's now the AMSL).
    If the 06 Z1 Light had QR20 I would jump on it...

moaaar shimz
    SL is expensive, 545 and me only have about 300 bucks

mtbr member
    Marzocchi hasent had 06" Z-1 lights for over 6 months ... so that's NOT really an option.

BTW I jsut opened up my 07" Z-1 sport ... BIG differnce from the 06" internal wise !!

So once you really get into the fork there is NO compaison from the NEw 07" to the older 06" ..
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Me hates pinchflat
    I would if I had the money. I barely have enough for a z1 Sport
    Maybe in ebay.... the other day I saw a 66sl go for 340 bucks

Thanks a lot for clearing up the doubt evil4bc Right now the z1 sports 06 are around 340 bucks. Maybe in a month they will go down a bit more....
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I just got the Z1 sport from eBay for 287 brand new....Im kinda wondering how much of a dampening difference there will be between my 05 888rc and that. Im setting up a FR/ all mtn bike and was looking for a cheap alternative to the 66 and plus I didnt really want to get 170mm of travel since I plan on going up the mtn.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    here is an 06' z1 fr sl for 430 brand new. hope this helps.

http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...OD&ProdID=1595

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Greenfish sports has the 2006 Z1 FR SL for ~$420.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    Evil, any advice on setting that thing up? I've got an '06 Z1 Sport and while I do like it, it's not nearly as plush as my other Zoke's I've had lately - Z1 FR, AM1 and a 66rc eta. And it doesn't feel like a full 6" of travel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Evil, any advice on setting that thing up? I've got an '06 Z1 Sport and while I do like it, it's not nearly as plush as my other Zoke's I've had lately - Z1 FR, AM1 and a 66rc eta. And it doesn't feel like a full 6" of travel.

Well keep in mind that the the older Z-1 FR , 66RC eta and the AM1 all have HSCV damping cartriges , so the overall feel is going to be more damped than your Z-1 sport with SSV internals .

I have a few tricks we do here in house to make them smoother and to increse the damping .

You would end up looseing about 20-30mm of travel if you installed the longer negitive spring .

Best bet is to pull the cartriges , polish the entire rebound shaft with 600 grip sampaper then polish with meatl polish to remove the cnc burr marks .

After you do this swap the oil in the compression side to 20wt and the rebound to 15wt
    Fill the oil untill it's about 35-40mm from the top with the legs compressed without the springs installed . With the legs extended and no springs in the fork the oil should be about 10mm above the inner valves that the springs rest on .
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Members who have read this thread: 0