Z1 Fr3- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Z1 Fr3

  1. #1
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396

    Z1 Fr3

    can this somehow have the travel dropped down to 100mm instead of 130?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil4bc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,157

    yes ......

    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    can this somehow have the travel dropped down to 100mm instead of 130?
    It's pretty easy , I could walk you through it . You need to make spacers or get a set custom made and trim the springs down .

    It's the same fork I'm running now , just mine is set to 79.88mm and the internal are modded quite a bit .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

  3. #3
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    It's pretty easy , I could walk you through it . You need to make spacers or get a set custom made and trim the springs down .

    It's the same fork I'm running now , just mine is set to 79.88mm and the internal are modded quite a bit .
    aight.... thanks, when i get more money (i'm broke after buying an ellsworth, but who isn't) i might look into that fork... it should be like a light dirtjumper, right? or should i go with a sherman?

  4. #4
    Chinky on a Stinky
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    aight.... thanks, when i get more money (i'm broke after buying an ellsworth, but who isn't) i might look into that fork... it should be like a light dirtjumper, right? or should i go with a sherman?
    jumper and save urself the hassle
    Straight outta Compton..............

    Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

    DREAM THEATER

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil4bc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    jumper and save urself the hassle
    I think he is trying to make a LIGHT fork the jumper weigns more than twice what my
    Z-1 does. The steel stanchions and steerer make it way too heavy for real riding .
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

  6. #6
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Sherman Jumper is 5.2 lbs. w/ 80mm travel. I understand that it rides well.
    Trestle Bike Park

  7. #7
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    i am either getting a vanilla or a talas.

Similar Threads

  1. Marz. Z1 FR1 vs. Z1 FR3
    By dandurston in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:00 AM
  2. ...Zedro...quick DJ1 - Z1 question...
    By LT1 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 01:25 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 08:23 PM
  4. Replaced my Z1 FR with a TALAS on my Heckler
    By kapusta in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 08:58 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 03:39 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.