Yt Tues or Supreme DH V3- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Yt Tues or Supreme DH V3

Hola,

Trying to find a new bike for my wife and we are between these two. Our budget is $3k or less and both of these hit at $3k OTD. Looking at YT Comp AL vs the Supreme DH V3 Comp RockShox. Builds are similar with the Commencal having the boxxer team and Vivid R2c...YT has Boxxer RC and Kage RC rear
    She is coming off a small 2012 Specialize Status 2.
    Anyone have comparisons or feedback on either?
    Gracias!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Commencal definitely has better suspension. If you have the opportunity to ride both first, do that and make a decision. If just going off what's on paper, the Commencal is the better deal. If the Commencal is coming with a full warranty and everything, I say go with that. I've been looking at the Meta AM V4 for my next trail bike, Commencal seems to have the best value going right now

mtbr member
    If the Commencal fits you!

That would basically mean you are a midget. Their XL is about the size of other brands M.

I was going through the same debate a year ago. I went with the YT. I really like the Commencal on paper (spec, suspension design, look), except they don't make a bike for anyone over 5'6.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    why the V3? get the V4.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I was aiming for the V3 since it is a bit cheaper and the only small available in our budget range. We actually are now looking at the bike with the Marz 380 CR and the Moto C2R rear for $2399. On the website it states it has 5 year warranty.

It is for my wife who is 5'4". Sizing also had me wondering about which to get her. I was aiming for a small but from what I have been seeing they run small. Commencal recommends a small for up 5'7" but was also thinking medium.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    If the Commencal fits you!

That would basically mean you are a midget. Their XL is about the size of other brands M.

I was going through the same debate a year ago. I went with the YT. I really like the Commencal on paper (spec, suspension design, look), except they don't make a bike for anyone over 5'6.
    yeah they are pretty short. The V3 has almost the exact same reach measurements as the Turner DW DHR. I'm 6'1 and just sold my large DHR to get an XL and then got a reach adjust headset to bring it 431mm. So I'm essentially using the XL with headset to bring it up to the size of a large, and even then 431mm is short for a large these days. I like to have shortish bikes though so the 431 suits me well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    I was aiming for the V3 since it is a bit cheaper and the only small available in our budget range. We actually are now looking at the bike with the Marz 380 CR and the Moto C2R rear for $2399. On the website it states it has 5 year warranty.

It is for my wife who is 5'4". Sizing also had me wondering about which to get her. I was aiming for a small but from what I have been seeing they run small. Commencal recommends a small for up 5'7" but was also thinking medium.
    The warranty is one of the main attractions to Commencal for me, 5 years ain't bad at all on an alu frame these days. As for sizing I'd go with the medium, they indeed tend to run small.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Suzy is selling her 2016 YT Tues AL medium. Everything but the DVO forks. Do you know Ryno? If not shoot me a message and I'll connect you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yt Tues or Supreme DH V3-20160628_201539.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    We went with the Commencal Supreme. For the price and for her it was the best option. She won't out ride any bike so the most economical was the best choice. The YT sold out before we could decide so it worked out. Thanks to all the helpers!