You should click HERE for some sweet DJ PICS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

You should click HERE for some sweet DJ PICS

I got a chance to ride with an old highschool friend today. It is amazing what he can do on a bike. The pictures speak for themselves.

First, a huge dude (me)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Pat...

mtbr member
    2 more of Pat...

I wanna talk to Samson!
    That guy is awesome! I've seen him out there a couple of times and he always rips it up. I think he said he was a AA pro bmxer? He went for 34 footer and almost made it.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Glad to Be Alive
    no helmet and doing that???? that is so stupid period
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

MTBR Mafia
    that guy doesnt need a helmet by the way his jumps look
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Yup,

No helmet, no leg, and he will still go bigger than anyone! Badass.

-Evan

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by cdub
    that guy doesnt need a helmet by the way his jumps look
    please...come on bar turns....one mess up and no teeth...that is just stupid
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

MTBR Mafia
    please...come on bar turns....one mess up and no teeth...that is just stupid
    my friend lost his front tooth and chipped another on a table top and he was wearing a full face. stilldont know how it happened. he kept riding that day though
    All Mountain was so 2005

Yup
    Oops, missed that post
    Last edited by AZ Saint; 05-26-2005 at 10:32 PM. Reason: made a boo boo

MTBR Mafia
    how does he pedal?
    All Mountain was so 2005

VIA
    banned
    Lot of respect for that guy...

If he want to go crazy with the iPod on w/o a helmet who tha fuxk r we to criticize him..!!

I <3 Dirt
    Yeah, make sure you wear a helmet so you don't lose your teeth. Huh??? Don't waste your time being a helmet cop. It just annoys people and that dude rides a 20 so he won't be visiting this site anyway.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
    Yup,

No helmet, no leg, and he will still go bigger than anyone! Badass.

-Evan
    wow...no leg mad props...still no helmet....senseless

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdub
    how does he pedal?
    Clip-in pedals. He starts with a few standing pumps, then sits and pedals up to speed.

Strong leg.

Glad to Be Alive
    Clip-in pedals. He starts with a few standing pumps, then sits and pedals up to speed.

Strong leg.
    maddness...props to that

I wanna talk to Samson!
    wow...no leg mad props...still no helmet....senseless
    I think it's funny you notice the no helmet before the no leg. Guy is really good.
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    I think it's funny you notice the no helmet before the no leg. Guy is really good.
    I thought he was bending his leg around...didn't look close enough...some big jumps and I am thinking one fuc up and it is a shame

mtbr member
    Mad props to that guy. I was very curious about his leg, but now i got my answer. At first i was thinking no way. No come on people Helmet is a Helmet. We dont need helmet police its personal choice, like smoking. Now come on, last nite i went down 30 wooden stairs.... Does that mean i need a FF for my biking video? Don't get me wrong, on some intense stuff, i will wear a helmet. But for very little things, must you?

Freshly Fujified

It just sets a bad example

Quote Originally Posted by GinoLicious
    Mad props to that guy. I was very curious about his leg, but now i got my answer. At first i was thinking no way. No come on people Helmet is a Helmet. We dont need helmet police its personal choice, like smoking. Now come on, last nite i went down 30 wooden stairs.... Does that mean i need a FF for my biking video? Don't get me wrong, on some intense stuff, i will wear a helmet. But for very little things, must you?
    First off, what the guy does with a bike is amazing. The fact that as an amputee he can do it makes his feat that much more amazing. The helmet issue though is one of just being stupid. Yes, it's a choice much like smoking. Much like smoking, not wearing a helmet is just plain stupid, and sets a bad example.

Just my opinion, and you certainly have the right to disagree.

o O ( but if you do, you're stupid, so go smoke your cigarettes and ride your bike without a helmet )

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

a'buh?
    that guy is amazing. You need to tell him how impressed we all were.

I see not wearing a helmet as like not wearing a seat belt, a lot of people do it, especially just for a "little ride around town," but I'm not going to be injured for something dumb like not fastening a little piece of cloth around my waist or putting on my helmet
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

a'buh?
    by the way, how does the morphine feel on dj's?
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    First off, what the guy does with a bike is amazing. The fact that as an amputee he can do it makes his feat that much more amazing. The helmet issue though is one of just being stupid. Yes, it's a choice much like smoking. Much like smoking, not wearing a helmet is just plain stupid, and sets a bad example.

Just my opinion, and you certainly have the right to disagree.

o O ( but if you do, you're stupid, so go smoke your cigarettes and ride your bike without a helmet )

Bob
    Mad props to that guy. No need to hate on the 20" culture. That's just the way they do things- eventually a crash will make him a good example of why to wear a helmet

surf-ride-repeat
    That is very inspiring.. so cool.

It is so amazing to see evidance that the heart is the strongest muscle we have... thanks for those pics man!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt
    That is very inspiring.. so cool.

It is so amazing to see evidance that the heart is the strongest muscle we have... thanks for those pics man!

enough......................this is what happens...excellent pro level dirt jumper...doing a small no footer
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    What the hell happened to HIM? It couldn't have been that small...

Now with flavor!!
    Where the hell did you get that picture?

Kill that $hit!
    enough......................this is what happens...excellent pro level dirt jumper...doing a small no footer
    Ummmm, yeah.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Where the hell did you get that picture?
    Look at the picture.....

That dude rips it up! I didn't even notice that he didn't have a leg! A buddy of mine lost an eye a few years back, but his riding skills were ten times better after it happened! It's crazy. He now races DH and does pretty good for his class.
    Need recycled bike art? PM me!

Need old parts? PM me!

Xtremely Moderate

Damn Shiver! I was just about to go eat lunch. No fair I wear my helmet...........Yeesh.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    if he wore a helmet, how would he get to use those cool headphones? you guy's got your priorities are all wrong. still, i give mad props, he's killing that jump. RESPECT!
    Bomb Hills, not Countries

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    Look at the picture.....

That dude rips it up! I didn't even notice that he didn't have a leg! A buddy of mine lost an eye a few years back, but his riding skills were ten times better after it happened! It's crazy. He now races DH and does pretty good for his class.

I was talking about the face mess that SMT put up.

rollin
    uuhh.
    so much for eating my breakfast burrito.

mtbr member
    OK,

Yea, I agree no helmet is stupid. My personal philosophy is if it is worth wearing a helmet then it may as well be a full-face. I have been in a few situations when my fullface saved the day.

I always tell my buddies to wear helmets. A couple days before when Tanner was going for the large hip jump I told him to borrow someones lid. He replied "I don't wear those things" He stuck the jump on his first attempt and on the second broke the BB sprindle and cut open his leg.

I was actually talking to Pat about falling. He said during the first 6 years he was riding he would fall and get injured all the time. Now with all of his riding experience he knows when to fall/how to fall. He stopped racing in highschool (he turned pro senior year). But he says that he has not been injured for years. Yes he has crashed, but not injured.

He crashed once when I was riding with him, he was doing a big X-up off the step up, of course he was fine. Also when he crashed on the 34' ravine gap (yes 34' gap on 20") he said he went out the front and rolled away from it, quiet remarkable.

Anyway, I agree it only takes 1 time not wearing a helmet. Thanks for ruining the thread with that picture.

-Evan
    Last edited by ucsbwsr; 05-27-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Glad to Be Alive
    Sorry my intention wasn't supposed to be the helmet police. UCSB....nice jumpin othe other guy too, but

this bs about knowing how to fall. WCH was jumping whoops with no lid, the next day with a full face he does a head plant because his fork broke. What would have happen the day before etc.... just got to watch yourself....believe me one slip isn't worth a life of disfigament

Custom User Title

It's old school...

I like it. That's how we did it. Helmets were unheard of when I rode BMX outside of race day. That said, I wouldn't ride without one today, but I appreciate those who don't give a sh1t!

Nice pics ucsbwsr!

rollin
    believe me one slip isn't worth a life of disfigament
    or brain trauma
    concussions suck
    to each his own though.
    regardless, pat is boosting!
    Last edited by sriracha; 05-27-2005 at 10:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Yeah... steakandcheese.com... (or some derivative of that)

abolisher of A$$holes
    Sorry my intention wasn't supposed to be the helmet police. UCSB....nice jumpin othe other guy too, but

this bs about knowing how to fall. WCH was jumping whoops with no lid, the next day with a full face he does a head plant because his fork broke. What would have happen the day before etc.... just got to watch yourself....believe me one slip isn't worth a life of disfigament
    it's lame when people feel the need to push their ideas...ideals...and opinions on people...wear your helmet if you want...but people can make their own decisions (unless they're your OWN children)...and as far as setting a good example...well, if you want to be a role model...join the boy scouts or something... but the majority of us don't get on our bike and ride around just so that little kids will look up to us...that's what their OWN parents are supposed to be for...

you should wear your helmet around all day everyday...cuz someday when you're crossing the street you might get hit by a bus...and it probably wouldn't even be when you're on your bike...

and anyways, if you still feel the need to preach...stop...it's pretty much like beating a dead horse...the people you're trying to influence will never respond the way you want them to...
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them.
    George Bush, US President

Xtremely Moderate
    Yeah, next SMT will try to make that guy wear leg armor too ........................

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER:
    This tasteless joke was not meant to harm or offend anyone.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwalrus
    by the way, how does the morphine feel on dj's?

The Morphine is sick for Dirt jumping. That is what I mainly have it setup for. I am running it single speed 34x16 witha a KMC bmx chain. The bike is heavier than most people are used to for DJing, but is light for me at about 36lbs. Strength was the first issue I addressed when building it.

I am in the process of building up an old 24" DoubleTrack from my Scream with a Ringle hub. I have been running Azonic Outlaws for a bit but the rear wheel has seen better days. The 24" will be great for DJing and overall durability for the hardtail.

I also would not mind having a single crown fork such as a Z150/Z1 FR or a 6" 66RC. The narrow stanchions of the Sherman Slider leave something to be desired when it comes to turning radius and overall range of motion. But the Slider does offer excellent stiffness and very reasonable weight for a DC fork.

But yea, the Morphine is way fun to ride on pretty much any terrain or trail.

-Evan

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    it's lame when people feel the need to push their ideas...ideals...and opinions on people...wear your helmet if you want...but people can make their own decisions (unless they're your OWN children)...and as far as setting a good example...well, if you want to be a role model...join the boy scouts or something... but the majority of us don't get on our bike and ride around just so that little kids will look up to us...that's what their OWN parents are supposed to be for...

you should wear your helmet around all day everyday...cuz someday when you're crossing the street you might get hit by a bus...and it probably wouldn't even be when you're on your bike...

and anyways, if you still feel the need to preach...stop...it's pretty much like beating a dead horse...the people you're trying to influence will never respond the way you want them to...
    only when it comes close to home will it matter.....so I am preaching to the dead horse....yep and then something happens....and we all feel bad....how about this post

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=98960

gnar, brah
    ...so when some kid screws himself up when he's riding without a helmet and a local riding spot gets closed down because of it, we're supposed to hold our peace then and not preach about wearing a helmet?

Wearing a helmet reflects well on our sport to non-riders (we look more responsible), and, if nothing else, is just smart. I don't want to know the idiot who wins the Darwin Award for killing himself in an accident where a helmet would have saved his life. It's not difficult to wear a helmet, you just buckle it up. If you are a fashion whore who thinks you don't look cool in a helmet, find a new sport. But if you still choose not to ride with a helmet, it is all we can do to hope that you don't screw it up for everyone.
    Trestle Bike Park

MTBR Mafia
    only when it comes close to home will it matter.....so I am preaching to the dead horse....yep and then something happens....and we all feel bad....how about this post

are you still talking about that. gosh i thought my days of being an example of what not to do were over
    All Mountain was so 2005

abolisher of A$$holes

you don't get it do you?? it doesn't do any good and it gets old hearing it and seeing your F'd up pics....those that don't wear helmets...will only learn the hard way...or not at all for even some of those...for the rest of us...please quit showing mangled face pics when it comes to this topic...because the only time I want to see it is when I have to deal with it personally...otherwise it just reminds me of what my face could look like even with my helmet on...kinda partial to the way it is now...and so the thoughts you put into my mind set back progression...as it may for others as well...

do you really think you're gonna change WCH's mind even with your constant nagging...doubt it...

not to mention you ruined this thread by being the helmet police when it started out as some sic pics of DJing...
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them.

MTBR Mafia
    you don't get it do you?? it doesn't do any good and it gets old hearing it and seeing your F'd up pics....those that don't wear helmets...will only learn the hard way...or not at all for even some of those...for the rest of us...please quit showing mangled face pics when it comes to this topic...because the only time I want to see it is when I have to deal with it personally...otherwise it just reminds me of what my face could look like even with my helmet on...kinda partial to the way it is now...and so the thoughts you put into my mind set back progression...as it may for others as well...

do you really think you're gonna change WCH's mind even with your constant nagging...doubt it...

not to mention you ruined this thread by being the helmet police when it started out as some sic pics of DJing...
    nicely put. while it does not really set back prgression as far as what lines and jumps ill try, it just gets so repetitive when ultimately its the riders choice and his alone. i made the mistake of not wearing one and SMT gave the link oh so graciously to us. i learned my lesson but not because a bunch of irratible guys sitting at their computers yelled and screamed and called me stupid. i wear a helmet because i want to and what others have to say on this subject has no affect on me when i pick up my bike and see my helmet sitting their on the ground
    All Mountain was so 2005

I wanna talk to Samson!
    OK,

Yea, I agree no helmet is stupid. My personal philosophy is if it is worth wearing a helmet then it may as well be a full-face. I have been in a few situations when my fullface saved the day.

I always tell my buddies to wear helmets. A couple days before when Tanner was going for the large hip jump I told him to borrow someones lid. He replied "I don't wear those things" He stuck the jump on his first attempt and on the second broke the BB sprindle and cut open his leg.

I was actually talking to Pat about falling. He said during the first 6 years he was riding he would fall and get injured all the time. Now with all of his riding experience he knows when to fall/how to fall. He stopped racing in highschool (he turned pro senior year). But he says that he has not been injured for years. Yes he has crashed, but not injured.

He crashed once when I was riding with him, he was doing a big X-up off the step up, of course he was fine. Also when he crashed on the 34' ravine gap (yes 34' gap on 20") he said he went out the front and rolled away from it, quiet remarkable.

Anyway, I agree it only takes 1 time not wearing a helmet. Thanks for ruining the thread with that picture.

-Evan
    I have a picture of him doing the 34 footer. I'll look around and see if I can find it.
    JackNugz

not really a noob
    i hate that picture, i almost lost my dinner and desert when i saw it.
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

I <3 Dirt

Well said.

rider
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    I have a picture of him doing the 34 footer. I'll look around and see if I can find it.
    i have vid of it. Maybe i'll look around too and find it so we can call this thread, "Ode to Pat"
    "who vants a mustache ride?"

Glad to Be Alive

umm wch been wearing his around me...it is better than hearing me nag....I love your statement "because the only time I want to see it is when I have to deal with it personally"
    Hopefully you will never have to deal w/ it....man I hate stealing the thunder of this thread

abolisher of A$$holes
    umm wch been wearing his around me...it is better than hearing me nag....I love your statement "because the only time I want to see it is when I have to deal with it personally"
    Hopefully you will never have to deal w/ it....man I hate stealing the thunder of this thread
    nice to see at least one of the strong willed non-helmet wearers are figuring it out...

I probably won't ever have to deal with face manglement myself...I wear too much protection...but I live with someone who could stand to wear a little more...IMO...mostly cuz hospital bills get expensive with no health insurance...or dental for that matter...

wasn't trying to be mean or pick you out...but the helmet police thing gets old...especially cuz I know MOST of them won't listen anyways...

your mom

he would have had to be wearing a ff to do him any good. i doubt he would wear a ff just going around town with his neighbors doing tiny drops, just got unlucky

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Jellyfish
    he would have had to be wearing a ff to do him any good. i doubt he would wear a ff just going around town with his neighbors doing tiny drops, just got unlucky

unlucky is what I am talking about

Glad to Be Alive
    nice to see at least one of the strong willed non-helmet wearers are figuring it out...

I probably won't ever have to deal with face manglement myself...I wear too much protection...but I live with someone who could stand to wear a little more...IMO...mostly cuz hospital bills get expensive with no health insurance...or dental for that matter...

wasn't trying to be mean or pick you out...but the helmet police thing gets old...especially cuz I know MOST of them won't listen anyways...
    you are so right.....it is just with age an experience do you realize how lucky you are.I use to just wear a squid lid and fell. I could taste the ground but was lucky. I went and bought a full face that afternoon. Experience makes you think about life more. When you are young you think nothing will happen on the easiest things. When i fell it was just a simple turn on an XC trail....one mistake for life isn't worth it....I didn't want to steal this thread....mad props on the pictures

mtbr member
    May 2004
    sick pics
    Last edited by xdbpxd; 05-28-2005 at 08:49 PM.

kona-tize me captain

holy crapola

first off that guy is crazy. technically hes doing a one footer the entire time. but im with SMT with the helmet situation. yes people get lucky and will crash and not get hurt without wearing a helmet. but thats not always the case. did anyone hear about the 12year old kid that was skateboarding off a curb( not even a foot tall or going fast) fell on his head without a helmet and got brain damage on half of his head. whats worth more a expensive hospital bill or a helmet.? u make the choice
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Basically what it all comes down to is... SMT would eat it if he tried a DJ like that and therefore would ruin his face if he wasnt wearing a helmet. Whenn you reach a level of riding such as Pat jumps like these are the "norm". It is all relative. yes, sometimes you will get unlucky and crash... but that is what MTB is all about.

Evan... Those are sick pics man. looking good brotha. Ill be back in town next week and we will head out there and do what we do. Heard u took willy on ysidro... how was that?? Anyways keep it real man and ill talkt ou soon.

SBDH

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    That BMXer has got some skills. You have to remember that a lot of BMX guys don't wear helmets...it has been that way for years. Look at any video, 90% of the jumpers don't wear helmets and none of the street riders ever wear helmets...

Like I mentioned earlier, all the people who I have seen wreck themselves without helmets were good, confident, riders. Eventually, everyone's luck will run out, and when it does they will be eating all of their meals out of a tube for a while...oh well...everyone has choices...