You put your feet on them.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. You put your feet on them.

Hey guys and girls,
    I need help picking out new pedals. I have been using Time ATAC MTB's for last 3 years. and there great, and still work. However I am finding myself more and more wanting to just get on that bike and go downtown or work on techniques a on curb or in the yard. I just don't want to be clipped-in all the time. (really sucks when you pull a wheelie just a little too much if you know what I'm saying)
    I saw that there are a bunch of pedals out there which will have a cage around them, that claim to let you clip in when you want but will also give you a surface to step on without clipping-in for technical sections or wheelies and other street stunts. Do these pedals work well? Does the cage restrict clipping-out? Can I ware street shoes if I wanted, or will the pedals be lumpy? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brad
    Last edited by bradifus; 04-07-2004 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spell check

mtbr member

I just looked at...

Times newest stuff the ATAC Z, and ATAC Z Control. Can anyone say they enjoy these pedals? Would you recomend these?

Brad

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by bradifus
    Hey guys and girls,
    I need help picking out new pedals. I have been using Time ATAC MTB's for last 3 years. and there great, and still work. However I am finding myself more and more wanting to just get on that bike and go downtown or work on techniques a on curb or in the yard. I just don't want to be clipped-in all the time. (really sucks when you pull a wheelie just a little too much if you know what I'm saying)
    I saw that there are a bunch of pedals out there which will have a cage around them, that claim to let you clip in when you want but will also give you a surface to step on without clipping-in for technical sections or wheelies and other street stunts. Do these pedals work well? Does the cage restrict clipping-out? Can I ware street shoes if I wanted, or will the pedals be lumpy? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brad
    with my experience with cage pedals i say dont get them. u can use a regular shoe with them, but if u take your foot out for wheelies and things and ride on the side with no cage ull find them scraping on the ground and stuff. plus they look kinda stupid. get a good set of platroms.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap