Yikes...OTB on Cheese grader- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Some Assembly Required
    OOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Cheese grater is a gnarly one, you won't see me hitting that anytime soon.
    "Let the wheels spin."

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Wow, that's crazy. Good thing it's such a steep landing. That def helped the guy. He must've loaded the front real good or something because if you roll off it like a normal drop it's pretty smooth, just gotta push out a bit. Chris has talked about removing the roll over option so everyone would have to gap from the second lip further back (making it a step-down instead of a small drop). It's probably not actually in the works, but it kind of makes sense since it would make that feature a similar difficulty to the rest of the line. Hope the guy walked it off.

banned
    Sep 2011
    some of the comments in the yt said guy was ok
    coulda been these guys, riding on a trail outside their envelope and bypassing the features
    Please dont say where this is, even if you know

#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid spandex View Post
    coulda been these guys, riding on a trail outside their envelope and bypassing the features
    oh wow. puttin fools on BLAST. love it.
    YouTube | #1 Rule for California mtb: If you're having fun, it's illegal.

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

hahaha, hilarious.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by genemk View Post
    Wow, that's crazy. Good thing it's such a steep landing. That def helped the guy. He must've loaded the front real good or something because if you roll off it like a normal drop it's pretty smooth, just gotta push out a bit. Chris has talked about removing the roll over option so everyone would have to gap from the second lip further back (making it a step-down instead of a small drop). It's probably not actually in the works, but it kind of makes sense since it would make that feature a similar difficulty to the rest of the line. Hope the guy walked it off.
    Can you roll over and pop and make it....or do you have to pop on that lip before????
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    /IMG][/URL]
    honestly as a builder I have major respect for these guys.....they walk around stunts instead of riding around and making octopus Barney lines

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    wish there was a side view of that hit, looks kinda sketch/awkward from the straight-on view.

#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    honestly as a builder I have major respect for these guys.....they walk around stunts instead of riding around and making octopus Barney lines
    Well, the "safest away over" they're waking around is the squirrel catch. They couldn't make it over that, they're not making it down the rest of the trail.

And I bet they posted the video on youtube with trail names, too.

Look at the time!
    The roll-option is actually harder/sketchier than just launching it. You are in the air for quite a while though, the landing is steep. Looks like the guy in the video went over the upper lip just a little bit too fast and wasn't ready for the lower lip.

Quote Originally Posted by name_dropper View Post
    wish there was a side view of that hit, looks kinda sketch/awkward from the straight-on view.

The cheesegrater by lelebebbel, on Flickr
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

banned
    Sep 2011
    actually they were (some/all) of the group that kept on opening a ride around on one of the super easy drops,

and they also posted names and we pushed back and they changed w/o an attitude (unlike some whiny young boys here...)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    It ain't gonna be good if you don't make from the 1st lip, but you should have ample pop off that 2nd lip and far less severe consequences.

#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
    olawd that cheesgrater looks fun.

Now with More Wood

Clicking these gave me a virus/malware warning on the PC, just so you know...

mtbr member
    That looked/sounded really painful. Sounded like someone doing a belly flop into a pool.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Can you roll over and pop and make it....or do you have to pop on that lip before????
    That's an old photo. They removed the wooden landing and put in a dirt landing that's about 6ft below the end of the platform with about a 5ft gap to the landing. You can do it either way. Roll slowly and push out a bit off the end like a drop or roll a bit less slowly and pop off the first lip to gap the end of the platform like a step-down. I say roll less slowly because that landing is steep and you need surprisingly little speed to gap from the first lip.

Glad to Be Alive
    actually they were (some/all) of the group that kept on opening a ride around on one of the super easy drops,

and they also posted names and we pushed back and they changed w/o an attitude (unlike some whiny young boys here...)

well if they are riding around then that aint good...hate that

banned
    Sep 2011
    I was there for the shuttle weekend like 2 years ago, super fun times
    The drop was cake
    No one was mentioning the much harder part, which I didn't feel that day, but my buds did
    Like the 40' ? blind dub after that
    Then the moto kicker stepup to wood platform landing
    Then monster road gap off the platform

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lelebebbel View Post
    The roll-option is actually harder/sketchier than just launching it. You are in the air for quite a while though, the landing is steep. Looks like the guy in the video went over the upper lip just a little bit too fast and wasn't ready for the lower lip.

The cheesegrater by lelebebbel, on Flickr
    Man thats big! Looks fun

Members who have read this thread: 0