Yakuzasdfah...what- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Yakuzasdfah...what

Im heading down to Diablo F/R Park this weekend. http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/freeri..._kumicho.shtml
    Thats what they are renting this season, and i emailed them and they told me they were avialable for sale whenever. Ive been hunting for a DH/FR bike for a long time. Is this a nice bike? What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

gnar, brah
    The fork isn't really that good. Switch it out for a Super T or 888 or something. I considered this bike for a while before I bought something else.
    Trestle Bike Park

Cynical Bystander
    I saw one last weekend and it looked pretty nice. From the lift I actually mistaked it as the Enduro SX but it looked pretty decent, they have a nice build as well. The fork might or might not be good, it seems there are so many mixed reviews out there about the Kingpin that you can't really get a general consensus of it.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

kona-tize me captain

me no likey ironhorse

im not a fan of ironhorse cuzz i broke just about every part on their hardtail(warrio expert--first bike). but that yakuza looks pretty cool. i dont like the rear swing arm. just take one for a test ride.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    For the money it seems good. I am trying to convince some friends to get into this sport and the budget IH bikes are my ammo (or used).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    im not a fan of ironhorse cuzz i broke just about every part on their hardtail(warrio expert--first bike). but that yakuza looks pretty cool. i dont like the rear swing arm. just take one for a test ride.
    I believe thats a Wal-Mart type bike correct? Well, i dont think that is fair to totally put off IH because you had a bike that should not even have been labeld with the same name... Its like saying, you hate Marzocchi because your Drop Off Tripple had crappy dampening...

I think IH is a great company and with Dave Weagle designing all of their high end frames, your all set...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

MTB SOCAL

1 Vote for Iron Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    I believe thats a Wal-Mart type bike correct? Well, i dont think that is fair to totally put off IH because you had a bike that should not even have been labeld with the same name... Its like saying, you hate Marzocchi because your Drop Off Tripple had crappy dampening...

I think IH is a great company and with Dave Weagle designing all of their high end frames, your all set...
    Iron Horse bikes have consistently provided phenomenal "bang for the buck". At any given price point, their bikes have better components than many of the larger companies offerings. Especially over the last 2-3 seasons, their bikes have become more innovative the quality has continued to improve. I would give the bike you mentioned a try. For the price, it is probably a great deal. Good luck.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Schmeow Productions
    wait... so you hate the frame manufaturer because you broke the components

a'buh?
    That looks like a really cool bike, and it's always nice to support a company that tries to make this sport a bit less expensive. I'd say rent one for a weekend, and if you like it, buy one
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull

...plus the fact that most of the stuff you break (cranks, wheels, etc.) was never made by Iron Horse. Can't really blame that entirely on them.
    Trestle Bike Park

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    umm, usually rent bikes get abused real bad by renters. and u dont know whos been renting em. stupid noobs who thrash it maybe?

id get new. their not that expensive anyways
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

No longer riding a haro!
    Aug 2004
    The rear brake looks like it could easily be damaged by falling off skinnies and such.
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much space.

V10 Freerider
    Why don't they use MRP guides...
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

jibber of the unjibbable
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    Why don't they use MRP guides...

because the orange rollers don't match with the head angle on the bike after rider sag is accounted for.......................................hey wait a minute,..............you're being a wise apple aren't ya
    Boogie down to free James Brown

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Looks good, I would say that the fork would be fine until you feel that it is holding you back, don't replace stuff until you break the stuff you already have other wise its just a waist.
    Life is to short... get out and ride

jibber of the unjibbable
    Quote Originally Posted by JRuss
    ..................... other wise its just a waist.

34" or 36", or possibly just a panty waist
    Boogie down to free James Brown

gnar, brah
    Do you think that front hydro line is long enough? Looks a little short to me...
    Trestle Bike Park

kona-tize me captain

u got me all wrongg

im not saying i hate everything ironhorse makes. and no the bike i rode wasnt a wal-mart bike. i got it at a lbs (performance for those who live in VA)i actaully like the SGS. and there new stuff. and i didnt just brake the parts on the bike, i bent the chainstays and 2 rear dr. hangers.. some how the store took it back and gave me a credit. but for me i dont think i would buy another iron horse. just one of those first impression feelings i have. i dont mean to diss ironhorse or anything
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Cynical Bystander
    im not saying i hate everything ironhorse makes. and no the bike i rode wasnt a wal-mart bike. i got it at a lbs (performance for those who live in VA)i actaully like the SGS. and there new stuff. and i didnt just brake the parts on the bike, i bent the chainstays and 2 rear dr. hangers.. some how the store took it back and gave me a credit. but for me i dont think i would buy another iron horse. just one of those first impression feelings i have. i dont mean to diss ironhorse or anything
    lol, you were probably doing things on it that it wasn't designed for.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    Do you think that front hydro line is long enough? Looks a little short to me...

thats to poke the rider in front if he is going to slow
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    what do you mean?? I'm assuming that since it's an XC bike, he was JRA, pedaling slowly uphill on an even, paved surface, when out of nowhere his massive quads just totally folded the chainstay in half in one sheer adrenaline-fueled pedal stroke. Common problem, actually, although seems to be more prevalent in Canada for some reason... eh?

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12

hahaha who told u this?????. yeah this was a time where i was moving from hardcore xc to freeriding. the guy at the bike shop said this to me " u bring this bike in about once a week, i know ur doing stuff that its not designed for. ill talk to my manager to find u a new bike."

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    lol dude i broke my rear swing arm of my sgs team dh 2002

Cynical Bystander
    hahaha who told u this?????. yeah this was a time where i was moving from hardcore xc to freeriding. the guy at the bike shop said this to me " u bring this bike in about once a week, i know ur doing stuff that its not designed for. ill talk to my manager to find u a new bike."
    Hey, its all good. i started freeriding on a Trek 820.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman112
    lol dude i broke my rear swing arm of my sgs team dh 2002
    and this relates to this how??

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    idn... do you have to be so mean about it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    arn't you nice where do you live...

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman112
    idn... do you have to be so mean about it.
    I am mean only to newbs and tools.

-ska todd

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    looks to be a great bike...i ride at diablo and I'v seen lots of guys rippin on them...looks like a great bike...the fork though, is leaky...deff replace it as soon as you buy the bike...i dont know what manitou was thinking...

Members who have read this thread: 0