yakuza aniki rear shock swapable?- Mtbr.com
    Myspace is lame.

yakuza aniki rear shock swapable?

Looking into just buying the complete bike because of how cheap it is... But I want to go manitou or fox on the rear shock... can I do this without bustin out a dremel, drill, and some taps?
    All your bases are belong to us!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    sure you can swap in something, find out what the i2i is and go from there
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    launch all zigs

New project, TBA shortly
    any 9x2.75 will work (Manitou, Progressive, Fox DHX Air (not coil for some reason), Roco, Romic, Avy, ummmm, Stratos?).

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    yeah.. i have a yakuza aniki 2005. i run a boxxer race 2004 on it... and my shock has ALOT OF FLEX for a shock... what do u think is wrong...? can i switch shocks? i went to the LBS and i think they told me it was like... 9 inches i2i...
    a FOX DHX 5.0 will bee good...i think

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnovick104
    yeah.. i have a yakuza aniki 2005. i run a boxxer race 2004 on it... and my shock has ALOT OF FLEX for a shock... what do u think is wrong...? can i switch shocks? i went to the LBS and i think they told me it was like... 9 inches i2i...
    a FOX DHX 5.0 will bee good...i think
    make sure your pivot is tight and there is no side-to-side play, as the rear shock doesn't have anything to do with the stiffness of the rear end.

unfortunately Fox doesn't make a coil in 9 x 2.75 (the size you need). if you run an 8.75 x 2.75 shock it will lower your bb, slacken your head angle and the tire might possibly contact the seat. (will also void your warranty) hope this helps.

Meh.
    Gotta watch for resivoir clearance as well.

HJB
    USA USA USA USA USA
    I looked at an Aniki not to long ago and while I thought the frame was decent there was not a single component on the bike I would keep. The fork and shock were some generic no name crap. The price on the one I saw was $950 and the best price I found online was $750, so at best I'd have been spending $750 for the frame. Yeah I could sell the components and recoupe some cash but not much. So I guess what I'm trying to say is you might want to consider something else, IMHO the Aniki is not a good value.

Take a look at the IBEX bikes, a little more $ but a way better value.

Meh.
    Or pick up a used bike, like a Stinky, Bullit, or Bighit.

Myspace is lame.
    I was considering getting a stinky frame for my build (because I can get the frame for ~550$)... but I saw the yakuza, and I already have some DC forks to put on it, crankset, and about everything else (bars, x.9's, stem, seat/post). I would use the generic parts thats on the yakuza and swap them for the alot better parts on my hardtail so I can still fling 2 straps. I did not like the rear shock on the aniki though so I was wondering the compatability for when I do buy I can put a new rear shock on it and all my parts swapped and have a legit ride.

Myspace is lame.
    also if you have any other suggestions for downhill/FR frames in the range <700$ (other than kona and ironhorse) post it up...

Ive been looking at many, just thought the aniki could be a good deal... Also been checking out the haro extreme x3, versus blitz, sette relic etc...

Members who have read this thread: 0