xs bikes?- Mtbr.com

Thread: xs bikes?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

xs bikes?

so i am finally going to pony up and get a solid dh bike. my main constraint is that I'm pretty short and would need a frame that comes in xs. Other than the 09 and older glory's, does anyone know who makes something solid in xs? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

mtbr member
    http://www.specialized.com/ca/en/bc/...cname=Mountain according to this geo spec sheet of the demos apparently they make a xs other then giant and spec i dotn no hope this helps tho!
    keep the rubber side down!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Turner DHR Smalls are as small or smaller than other XS frames It'l cost though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    How tall are you? If you do look for a small Turner DHR think 08' and 09" round tube.

Glad to Be Alive
    get a small and then get 24 inch rims

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i'm only 5'4'' with about a 29 inch inseem. I noticed that the dhr's run small but those are a little out of my budget, atleast brand new ones are. I heard that the Canfields run pretty small as well. Any others? Thanks for the feedback everyone!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I'm 5'6, 29" inseam and smalls have always fit me fit. Small stumpjumper, SX trail and V-10

rider
    Feb 2008
    knolly does too

mtbr member
    The Banshee Legend in small is absolutely tiny. Be aware that small can be very different for different companies. For example, a sized small (2010) Specialized Demo is even LARGER than a sized medium Banshee Legend. This in terms of Reach.
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

aka red
    I've been riding a Knolly podium in small for racing this year, I'm 5'2", sorry don't know exact inseam, but my legs are short. I've actually got more stand-over clearance on the podium than I do on my XS V-tach. Kept the stem short and front end low, and good part selection and its also quite a bit lighter than my V-tach. Its a fast bike, I just need to learn how to keep up with it!

Pics here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=619611

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Wow...that's an awesome bike. I'll have to look more into Knolly's!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scaryfast
    Keep saying it!

They also make bikes in XS as well.

aka red
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Keep saying it!

They also make bikes in XS as well.
    Smallest frame size for the podium is a small, and I don't think Noel did a full production run of the V-tach in extra small (I only know of two). As I said though, stand over on the podium is better than the V-tach. The bikes do ride quite a bit differently; podium is longer and lower - definitely a race bike. The V-tach excels in anything steep and tight.

The original DT is available in XS, but not yet for the new Delirium, though at 5'4", the OP would likely be a small in the Delirium. If you're looking at a race bike, go with the podium.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_mud_honey
    Smallest frame size for the podium is a small, and I don't think Noel did a full production run of the V-tach in extra small (I only know of two). As I said though, stand over on the podium is better than the V-tach. The bikes do ride quite a bit differently; podium is longer and lower - definitely a race bike. The V-tach excels in anything steep and tight.

The original DT is available in XS, but not yet for the new Delirium, though at 5'4", the OP would likely be a small in the Delirium. If you're looking at a race bike, go with the podium.
    Ahh. I did not know that. I guess it makes sense. My 5'1" wife rode my sm Delirium at the lifts a couple weeks back and she had no problem with the size. I use it as my trail bike and FR/DH bike and I'm 5'5" and the small fits me just fine. I've also ridden the medium V-Tach and it also seemed to fit fine with a 45mm stem. That Podium sounds sick though.

Underskilled
    girly bikes might fit, pretty colours too
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Members who have read this thread: 0