X-Type Bottom Brackets?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

X-Type Bottom Brackets?

Hey has anyone got the X-type BB? I am thinking about changing over as I need a new BB but I am unsure as to the benefits/consequences, any input would be great.
    "Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

Can't get right...
    Quote Originally Posted by canada17
    Hey has anyone got the X-type BB? I am thinking about changing over as I need a new BB but I am unsure as to the benefits/consequences, any input would be great.
    Hope u got Saint or Raceface Diabolous/Deus cranks or they wont work. I love mine. I use the RF BB w/ Saint cranks. The bearings r outbourd of the BB shell. Spreading the load better and since ur out of the shell u can use larger bearings too, which handle loads better. So w/ those 2 things alone it blows reg BB's out of the water. Plus the Raceface BB's come only in Bling Bling Gold. They wont work w/ isis or any other splined crank.
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannymonky
    Hope u got Saint or Raceface Diabolous/Deus cranks or they wont work. I love mine. I use the RF BB w/ Saint cranks. The bearings r outbourd of the BB shell. Spreading the load better and since ur out of the shell u can use larger bearings too, which handle loads better. So w/ those 2 things alone it blows reg BB's out of the water. Plus the Raceface BB's come only in Bling Bling Gold. They wont work w/ isis or any other splined crank.
    FSA makes a outboard bearing bottom bracket that is ISIS compatible.

Just Ride
    the race face x-type bb's are alottttt nicer then the shimano ones in my oppion. and there are no external bb's worse then the truvativ/bontrager ones. the race face ones will work with any shimano mountain crank set too (saint xt lx xtr hone) and im pretty sure they'll work with the road ones but dont hold me to that.

i like the race face ones alot more....and they're cooler colors

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    i have it on my RF cranks its cool
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free-rider_down-hiller
    i have it on my RF cranks its cool

≈ > ♥
    I've found that the Shimano bearings outlast the RaceFaces. The RaceFaces are prettier, but I'd rather run something more durable.

Ideal setup would be Saint cranks/bearings, or Diabolus cranks with Shimano bearings.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    the race face x-type bb's are alottttt nicer then the shimano ones in my oppion. and there are no external bb's worse then the truvativ/bontrager ones. the race face ones will work with any shimano mountain crank set too (saint xt lx xtr hone) and im pretty sure they'll work with the road ones but dont hold me to that.

i like the race face ones alot more....and they're cooler colors
    basically the X-typed are more sealed.....meaning if you ride in the rain and mud you will have less problems then the Shimanoes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    My experience has been the Shimano’s cups last considerably longer than the Race Face. Here is a site showing both systems broken down.

http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/b...ombrackets.htm

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    My experience has been the Shimano?s cups last considerably longer than the Race Face. Here is a site showing both systems broken down.

http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/b...ombrackets.htm
    quality article....I read my info in MBA...a little over a year ago......I like the longer cups of the x type....I have shimnoe now and was looking to changing to the x type when mine fail (soon) ....now I don't know....thanks for that article
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0