X Fusion Delta 8- Mtbr.com
    locked - time out
    Feb 2007

X Fusion Delta 8

Anybody have any experience with them. It's an inverted style like a shiver but has 40mm stanchions and a 35mm hub, instead of 20mm. Thoughts...

sixsixtysix
    Its actually the same thing as the Bionicon "Special Agent" fork. Xfusion manufactures them for Bionicon. I have ridden the Bionicon Ironwood which comes with that fork and did a full review of it a few months back. If you want to read the full review, heres the link.

http://www.azfreeride.com/?q=node/308

I can say that the fork is insanely plush, which coming from riding a Works 888rc2x for the past 2 seasons is saying alot. Small bump sensitivity is good, it uses a small coil spring for the the first 2" of travel or so, and then the air spring kicks in for the bigger stuff. It is also crazy light at around 6.8 lbs. Durability is still my only question since they are somewhat new, also they are not as adjustable as many other forks out there but overall I was impressed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    looks beastly

freeride jerk
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Its actually the same thing as the Bionicon "Special Agent" fork. Xfusion manufactures them for Bionicon. I have ridden the Bionicon Ironwood which comes with that fork and did a full review of it a few months back. If you want to read the full review, heres the link.

http://www.azfreeride.com/?q=node/308

I can say that the fork is insanely plush, which coming from riding a Works 888rc2x for the past 2 seasons is saying alot. Small bump sensitivity is good, it uses a small coil spring for the the first 2" of travel or so, and then the air spring kicks in for the bigger stuff. It is also crazy light at around 6.8 lbs. Durability is still my only question since they are somewhat new, also they are not as adjustable as many other forks out there but overall I was impressed.
    its pretty well priced to i think new there like 1100
    im pretty sure they said it weighed in at like 7.69 lbs or something, here is a little info on it.
    http://content.mtbr.com/TRP_13_253_2crx.aspx
    and the travel is adjustable from 8 to like 6 inches. which IMO is pretty nifty.
    SHANTY

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj Pope
    its pretty well priced to i think new there like 1100
    im pretty sure they said it weighed in at like 7.69 lbs or something, here is a little info on it.
    http://content.mtbr.com/TRP_13_253_2crx.aspx
    and the travel is adjustable from 8 to like 6 inches. which IMO is pretty nifty.
    They are closer to $1500 retail and the 7.69lb weight is including the front hub.

freeride jerk
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    They are closer to $1500 retail and the 7.69lb weight is including the front hub.
    ya i meant weight with the hub sorry.
    theres two models also the delta 8 pro and the delta 8 trail. all the specs look the same to me though which i really dont understand, i think it has something to do with a diffrent sized hub but im not sure.
    the trail i think is a little less money, correct me if im wrong.
    i talked to someone from x fusion and he said that if you work at a bikeshop or something you get it for 650.00 which is pretty insane. but i think that was only if you agree to be a dealer for x fusion. Other wise i would just have a friend that works at a lbs order me one!
    SHANTY

sixsixtysix
    Ah, yes, I was thinking of the TA (travel Adjust) model, which is $1500, you are right, the standard Pro and Trail are right around $1100 although I have no idea what the difference between the 2 is and their website is pretty cryptic.

The $650 dealer cost would tempt me into buying one. Like I said, I was somewhat dumbfounded by how the fork felt, it was on par with my 888. I just think X-Fusion is going to have the same problems as RST with trying to sell high end forks against companies like Marz, RS and Fox.

sixsixtysix
    Funny this topic is going on, my buddy at the shop just sent me these pics (sorry about the crap cell phone quality) of a fully custom Bionicon "SuperWood" lol. 7" Super Shuttle frame with the 8" fork from the Ironwood up front. Best part is, its only 32lbs.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shop *****
    They are EXTREMELY nice. If anyone wants me to post up the catalog I got from John at X-Fusion, I'd be glad to (08 cat.)
    Also, he's practically giving them away to people that talk to him about buying.. You might want to give him an e-mail...
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for the help guys! I have been using a 888rc which really feels plush, but it's two years old, so I'm looking for something new. sixsixtysix, thanks for the comparison, that was exactly what I wanted to hear. How stiff do they feel? My only concern is the lateral play that the shiver has, kind of hard to explain, but if you've had a shiver you know what I'm talking about. Anyone want to comment on that? Thats the only real thing holding me back from this fork. It does have a much larged diameter hub, so I would imagine that helps a lot.

Spanish Marathon Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by drakan
    They are EXTREMELY nice. If anyone wants me to post up the catalog I got from John at X-Fusion, I'd be glad to (08 cat.)
    Also, he's practically giving them away to people that talk to him about buying.. You might want to give him an e-mail...
    what are you waiting for????

Post the catalog!!!!

"Win gives you glory, continue to your last breath gives yo pride, surrender is not an option"
    "Like a beast freed from its chains, I pedal like If I had to scape from hell. As sweat falls from my face, my phantoms, my fears, are left behind until they are points at the horizon."

Members who have read this thread: 0