X.0/x.9/xt/?- Mtbr.com

Thread: X.0/x.9/xt/?

mtbr member

X.0/x.9/xt/?

So the reviews are really super mixed about X.0/X.9 rear derailers...I just upgraded my shifter to X.9 from Deore...nice...but anyhow I got a X.9 rear derailer and it was a long cage, so I have to return it...But for the extra 50-60 bucks is the X.0 worth it? I went a couple laps on it and I was super impressed...Also how big of a difference in shifting quality is there between XT/X.9/X.0? Thanks -

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestix
    So the reviews are really super mixed about X.0/X.9 rear derailers...I just upgraded my shifter to X.9 from Deore...nice...but anyhow I got a X.9 rear derailer and it was a long cage, so I have to return it...But for the extra 50-60 bucks is the X.0 worth it? I went a couple laps on it and I was super impressed...Also how big of a difference in shifting quality is there between XT/X.9/X.0? Thanks -

X9 is good enough...that is what I run......X9 stronger than the X0...X0 lighter
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Thanks, also how big of a difference is there between long/mid/mini cages with SRAM?

mtbr member
    I believe the shifting quality between x.9 and x.0 is kind like the quality between XT and XTR. I just couldn't see the difference being noticable. As far as comparing XT to either x.9 or x.0 is kinda hard, if not apples and oranges. I swear by SRAM and think their shifting systmes blow shimanos away. They feel much more crisp and give a very positive response while shifting. I feel shimano is kind of passive and weak, while SRAM seems very deliberate.

Remember, rear derailleurs have been known to break. If you don't plan on doing anything that will jeopardize your derailleur, than go with the X.0...but if you feel you might take a spill that snaps it, is the $50-60 worth it? Up to you.

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005
    I put the new x.0 stuff on my Demo.The shifters are drool material,as is the carbon fiber caged rear derailleur.X.9 is tuff stuff too.I`m a gear whore.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by [SBF]SaSQuATCH
    I put the new x.0 stuff on my Demo.The shifters are drool material,as is the carbon fiber caged rear derailleur.X.9 is tuff stuff too.I`m a gear whore.

watch the carbon break when you do DH...X9 if you are not racing or climbing X0 if you just want it lighter
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Do you all run short/mid/long cage? I started thinking about it...Should I take mine back? It's a long cage and not quite as fast as a short cage but then again...I never DH before on a short cage...

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Should I replace my XT with a X9...?

I already know what youre gonna say SMT.....
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

mtbr member
    X9 is just fine. I have XO but now that X-9 is same design I wouldn't waste the money. SRAM RD's beat the pants off of Shimano

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by JSUN
    Should I replace my XT with a X9...?

I already know what youre gonna say SMT.....
    then don't ask

Juanjo
    I've tryed the X.0 of a friend of mine and they were "oh my God" good, but then I change the cable and housing of my XT/105 and I went "oh my God" again so don't know if the extra 100+ bux is word it...

IMO for DHing keep it funcional and cheap cuz no matter how expensive del. r they brake just as easy as cheap ones.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

mtbr member
    True True...But when you're trying to race its a bit different ;p Anyhow, can anyone tell me how big of a difference the mini cage of the X.0 has compared to the long cage of X.9?? Will the long cage be more likely to snap off?

mtbr member
    come on now ya'll! will a mini cage be way better than long as far as catching it up in stuff...?

Glad to Be Alive
    come on now ya'll! will a mini cage be way better than long as far as catching it up in stuff...?

have to run a road cassette...but yes...less surface area to hit means less chance of hitting the derailer....the X9 are stronger though

Another festivus MIRACLE!
    XT not as good as X.9 I just switched my XT for X.9 and couldn't be happier. Plus, it's
    American made, not Japanese.

Xtremely Moderate
    SRAM long cages are really not all that long..........especially in comparison to a Shimano long cage which IS loooooong.

If you run a 34 tooth cassette like I do, recommended der. is a long cage.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    I run a 38T

Xtremely Moderate
    I run a 38T
    Cassette not chainring.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Juanjo
    Sorry but RedBull is getting the stickers...He PM me first.
    Last edited by EastCoastHucker; 06-21-2005 at 07:41 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

mtbr member
    If you run less than 3 front chain rings you should not get the long cage. Thats what its for. Go meduim for dual or single chainring.

only yeti with dh skills

... and if we just ... i want some!

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastHucker
    If any of u Sram users want this bunch of SRAM stickers let me know and I'll send it 4free.

I got them at MC just cuz they were there to grab.
    hey dude...i want some of those...send them to:
    Malecon Cisneros 738 dpto 901
    Miraflores, Lima-Peru
    Southamerica
    thanx in advance!
    Supported by: www.biroma.ch
    Food: Tuna Salad and Lasagna
    Hate: Winter, Zürich's City Council, Zürich's Old People, Winter...Specially Zürich's Winter, Zürich's Prices
    Love: Zürich B-itches

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    I am running an X0 on my trail bike and am now running a medium cage X9 on my DH bike. The X9 replaced my X0 on the DH bike because it was so bent and beat up from last year.

The X0 held up great all last year being bashed off rocks and such. I would have replaced it with another X0 but decided to go with X9 this time. I cannot tell the differance between the X0 and X9. The X9 shifter couple with the X0 or X9 der, clicks off shifts like butta.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

mtbr member
    Well I only have one 38T chain ring up front, so I guess I shouldn't be running a long cage eh?

Members who have read this thread: 0