is it wrong?- Mtbr.com

Thread: is it wrong?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

is it wrong?

is it wrong to decided that you dont like your frame anymore even though you just bought it at the beginning of the season?
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam
    make dirt bike noises when you go through go brrraaapp brraapppp brraappp it helps keep your mind off how difficult it is

_
    Sometimes certain frames dont work for certain people's riding styles...

Make sure you know why you don't like it though. Figure out exactly what you don't like and look for a frame that is different in that specific way to try to rectify the problem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    yes its normal.

for your next frame, make even more threads to make sure you get just the right bike you're looking for.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    well, my orange 223 has just about 0% flex in it but sometimes i get the "am i riding on a flat?" feeling. and the bike is just too heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam
    make dirt bike noises when you go through go brrraaapp brraapppp brraappp it helps keep your mind off how difficult it is

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I bought a bike and in less than 3 months sold the frame and replaced it. I have since paid way more attention to geometry of a bike before buying, not just travel and design.

I heart the drops
    I like pie that is all
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    A couple of years ago I bought a brand-new Giant DH comp. Read the reviews, did my research and it seemed like the bike to buy at time. After about a year riding it I realized I didn't like it. I don't know if it was because it was a large and all my other DH bikes have been (and since) are mediums but it never felt right. I guess that being said, you never know until you ride the bike and ether connect with it or hate it. So yeah, keep looking for something that fits you.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    20 should do it so ill bet on 40.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Equal opportunity meanie
    Quote Originally Posted by justcheckin
    well, my orange 223 has just about 0% flex in it but sometimes i get the "am i riding on a flat?" feeling. and the bike is just too heavy.
    That sounds like a setup issue with the shock, and the way you have the bike built. Those frames were pretty darn light, and could be set up to be very responsive.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    That sounds like a setup issue with the shock, and the way you have the bike built. Those frames were pretty darn light, and could be set up to be very responsive.
    he's a kid...light for adult riders might be heavy to a 15year old...

check your six
    yup, I've been there and am still there.

I picked up a Jamis Parker on short notice, well late night e-surfing and I came across a hell of a deal on just the frame. I really, really, really, wanted a Transition Double, but I could not afford one at the time. Two of my friends ended up getting ahold of a used Double each. That set me off, and that is why I own a Parker. I thought it was gonna be a suitable replacement for the Double. I was way wrong. I tried to build it up single speed with a Pike U-turn air. It worked, but it just felt wierd. I gave it a go as the DJ bike for a few months until I decided to give up on it. I just sucked it up and went back to my hardtail.

I did however, end up re-building the Parker. I threw on an X-9 rear D, put a chain guide one, raised up the stem and got some new tires. And now it is surprisingly fun on the trails, where it was meant to be.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Glad to Be Alive
    that's why you buy used....so you can learn what you like and don't like without spending a lot of money....if you buy used then you can turn around and sell it for basically the same price
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    that's why you buy used....so you can learn what you like and don't like without spending a lot of money....if you buy used then you can turn around and sell it for basically the same price if you don't like it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    that's why you buy used....so you can learn what you like and don't like without spending a lot of money....if you buy used then you can turn around and sell it for basically the same price if you don't like it

mtbr member
    Yes it is wrong... There are starving kids in china and all you care about is how heavy your bike is!

mtbr member
    lol triple post
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    How do you really feel Shiver? Haha.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Datalogger
    How do you really feel Shiver? Haha.
    I am like wtf happen

mtbr member

That is the bestest bike ever. There is something fundamentally wrong with you if you have this bike for the past year and now you want something else. My guess is you were not breast fed long enough as a child. Or maybe you were breast fed too long. Really depends what color your frame is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    That is the bestest bike ever. There is something fundamentally wrong with you if you have this bike for the past year and now you want something else. My guess is you were not breast fed long enough as a child. Or maybe you were breast fed too long. Really depends what color your frame is.
    Epic.

U sir speak teh truth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    F'king poetic...

Meh.
    It probably rides like that because you aren't riding a Boxxer lowered to 178mm.

In all seriousness though... sounds like a problem with the setup.

Members who have read this thread: 0