Wow... 2 years is a long time... Ridepics inside...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Wow... 2 years is a long time... Ridepics inside...

Wow... my days off from school are just simply amazing. Whole of last week was a series of epic rides from 6 - 8 hours of shuttling to sessioning to etc with only one days of rest. Today was no different. Went to ride with the first person i ever met riding mountain bikes. Jerrott King

February 06, i had bought my first mountain bike. A Trek 3900 and thought it was the shiznitz. Also didnt know anything about the sport as i bought the bike just for commuting. Then i joined a forum known as MSDHW. There, Jerrott (he didnt know i was a total noob) invited me to come for a ride. I didnt know what kinds of riding there were and what kind of riding i was invited for... Sure enough, i went over to the spot with my $350 hardtail and XC jersey and my jaw just dropped. These guys were hucking cliffs!!!!!!! So i decided to explore a little bit. Climbed up the hill and rode down the fireroad and ate **** as my front tyre got caught in a ditch. That was it for me for the day. Watched the guys huck drops and carve berms and fly through doubles... I was just in awe. Was scared shitless too... lols. Sure enough, i didnt return for a while... Went into my XC mode until i met dogonfr when he brought me out to a DH trail in Calistoga. There, the speed demon in me awoken...

2 years later, i'm back riding with Jerrott for the first time. I mean really riding. Actually hitting some of the stuff he's hitting. Awesome day of DH in the morning then sessioning some FR in the afternoon. Actually went to 2 spots. My new favourite spot by the coast and the place where i first met Jerrott. a good 8 hours of riding. And guess what??? I learned something today too. He taught me how to whip... XD Gonna work on tabling soon too...

Beginning of the day...

Gerald on the left, me in center, Mike on right and Jerott behind the camera

Gerald hitting the waterfall

Drinking some water after bombing the waterfall

Mike on the waterfall

Some berm railing

Throwing the bike around...

My second whip... Jerott didnt get the first one...

Jerott laying down the table

And from the other side

Hipping it!!

Some man bike love... Bar humping... hahahahaha

Oooooooooooooo

Me again

And we push back up and do it all over again... XD
    Last edited by mrpercussive; 08-06-2008 at 01:20 PM.

mtbr member
    nice post and cool story. it's awesome to see the progression. It's amazing how that gravity bug will catch yah isn't it

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    nice and thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yomattyo
    nice post and cool story. it's awesome to see the progression. It's amazing how that gravity bug will catch yah isn't it
    yuppers... i've come a long way from this... lols

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFhqRTz7S04&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFhqRTz7S04&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Nice pics and post. Quite a feeling to get to the level you never thought possible in the beginning huh? I remember being more XC focused and then I bought Kranked 3 and freaked out!

I thought wow, that s--t's crazy... Now it's close to how I ride. (Well, can't quite road gap like Simmons yet, maybe someday.)

P.S. Get a haircut ya hippy!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    dude, gotta love Montara & DMC. Yes once you get the bug it's contagious.

Jerrott is a cool dude. I rode with him once @ Montara and he's been cool with me ever since. I drop by Sports Basement in WC once in a while to give him shitx. I see he's rockin' that Sin!
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Nice pics and post. Quite a feeling to get to the level you never thought possible in the beginning huh? I remember being more XC focused and then I bought Kranked 3 and freaked out!

I thought wow, that s--t's crazy... Now it's close to how I ride. (Well, can't quite road gap like Simmons yet, maybe someday.)

P.S. Get a haircut ya hippy!
    yea... i just looked back at that video from 2 years ago and am like WTF?!?!?! Hahahahaha... Wanna keep progressing and start throwing down some steez and get faster at the same time... XD

How long did it take you to start hitting road gaps? XD

mtbr member
    dude my i learned downhill and jumping on my trek 3900 too! i grew out of that bike pretty fast as my height and ability changed. That bike can take a beating though. That bike took way more abuse than it was meant for and treated me well
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.-Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMSfreerider
    dude my i learned downhill and jumping on my trek 3900 too! i grew out of that bike pretty fast as my height and ability changed. That bike can take a beating though. That bike took way more abuse than it was meant for and treated me well
    hah! you're not the one who works at a shop where you have to fix them from kids like you on a regular basis though! (donno if you're still a kid though)

you should see some of the 3900's that come in

cool story though man, I just went to N* and tried to ride hard after being out for 3 months, and I was in a similar position as you were on your first ride with him - only for me it was more like "holy fyck, I do this??"

good stuff

Brackish
    Great thread, progression is fun. This year I've finally learned to keep my fingers off the brakes and suddenly jumps work! Landing to tranny makes everything come together!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    dammm poh! nice
    who took the pics theyre hella good
    and whos the fool on the mtn cycle with the D2???
    i wanna ride with him! looks fast! might get my moneys worth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMSfreerider
    I dunno dude... even with my XC riding... I had to true the wheels every ride and i'm like 125lbs....

Quote Originally Posted by William42
    hah! you're not the one who works at a shop where you have to fix them from kids like you on a regular basis though! (donno if you're still a kid though)

you should see some of the 3900's that come in

cool story though man, I just went to N* and tried to ride hard after being out for 3 months, and I was in a similar position as you were on your first ride with him - only for me it was more like "holy fyck, I do this??"

good stuff
    Sorry you're one of those guys William. I remember seeing the look on that mechs face, hahaha. I soon learned how to fix my own bikes though... XD

Yea, same with me and N*... first time i was there i just started hitting the gaps and stepups and stuff. Big confidence booster to everything else. And the rocks out there just made everything i've ridden feel flat so that was a big booster as well... And yeap, the HOly Fyckreaction... Still gets me everytime... XD

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Great thread, progression is fun. This year I've finally learned to keep my fingers off the brakes and suddenly jumps work! Landing to tranny makes everything come together!
    Fingers of brakes are a good thing... XD

Quote Originally Posted by jf951
    dammm poh! nice
    who took the pics theyre hella good
    and whos the fool on the mtn cycle with the D2???
    i wanna ride with him! looks fast! might get my moneys worth
    Yea dude... I love that camera he's got. So instant and just snaps... XD I took the pics of Jerott and he took the rest. Jerott is the guy on the Shockwave in the D2. He's hella fast...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    oh nice what kinda cam is it??
    oh u werent there when i brought my school cam out to pacifica with grant erik and scott!
    whhaaaa!?! y havent i riden with this guy then? do u ride with him alot?

mtbr member
    oh u werent there when i brought my school cam out to pacifica with grant erik and scott!
    No idea what cam is it. But it made me be able to take nice pics seeing as i'm a retard with cameras... lols.

It's actually my first time riding with him. First time i met him, i just watched as it was my first day on two wheels... lols. He took a year off from mountain bikes to race BMX... Now he's back... XD Probably gonna be riding with him more often i think. hella fun to ride with and man, he taught me how to whip in 2 tries... Good explanations. I'm gonna be throwing down some steez soon... Or at least think i'll be throwing down some steez... hahahahahaha

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Its a Rebel XTi completely stock. hahahah

if ANYONE wants to join, im gonn bust another all day ride starting at Pacifica and ending with C-mont.

I gotta go to work now but will be postin a thread on Ridemonkey, MTBR, MSDHW, and RideSFO, i want to get a BIG group ride. There arnt enough of those any more

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Nice stuff... love the progression.

So how do you whip? Sounds like you got good advice, care to share?

I wanna learn to whip my friends in the head while I gap them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy
    Nice stuff... love the progression.

So how do you whip? Sounds like you got good advice, care to share?

I wanna learn to whip my friends in the head while I gap them.
    he explained it like compress with your inside leg and turn with your body then bring it back with your legs... Not sure if that did any good but once you get it, you'll get it... XD

Members who have read this thread: 0