Why not to freeride on a walmart bike...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Why not to freeride on a walmart bike...

EastBaySteez
    DAMN! I got that on Camera!
    DAMN
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

moaaar shimz
    Poor kid...

Feb 2007
    Ouch, wear a helmet kids. Full Face if you have one.

Nov 2007
    Dude I watched that like 5 times and it just got better an better. That shite was funny. Those kids are soooo red, I thought me and my buddy were red.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    well at least you know its strong enough to not break... it just bends easily. Thats why I hate walmart
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    There isn't a hospital big enough for somebody to freeride on a Wallyland bike .

Dec 2007
    i think the camera man is possibly one of the dumbest people out there, i hope he dosent always talk that way, he sounds like a dam fool

Look at the time!
    that kid slams his head into the dirt at 20mph after jumping a walmart bike, without a helmet - and the camera guy starts laughing and shouting "i got that on caaamra" while the rider is still sliding down the trail on his face.... seriously, what is going on there? Inbreeding? Lack of oxygen?
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

Derailleurless
    Holy shit! And homeboy is a feather weight, at that!

What would have happened if your "typical" Walmart shopper was cruising on that rig?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

Derailleurless
    Dang, I can't stop watching.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

check your six
    WOW,... that had to hurt. Still, even though no helmet and he is a kid, there is something morbidly funny about that.

But, I also believe the kid with the camera should be castrated.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Freeriding Feline
    I watched it more than once myself!
    OUCH.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by idaho biker 90
    well at least you know its strong enough to not break... it just bends easily. Thats why I hate walmart
    Walmart wouldn't be selling this stuff if people weren't buying them. Maybe the culprit is elsewhere?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    that kid needs to find new friends, seriously, what a bunch of uncompassionate philistines

StraightOuttaCompton
    his relations with the ground definitely changed.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

The Beaver
    that;s awesome
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Apr 2006
    Even though I know that wasn't funny, I almost shite myself from laughing. If you don't think you should wear a helmet, then you damn sure don't know that you shouldn't do that on a wallly world special. The look on that kids face was awesome.Wall mart bikes are the devil.

richgardiner
    poor kid, that cameraman is a right ****

Is flexy
    He should consider himself lucky he didn't get one of the near vertical bar ends through his chest. His face was classic.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Dirt Deviant
    We should consider ourselves lucky that he prolly won't be having kids after that.
    That was a helluva nut on the stem.
    His face was classic!!!!!!!!!
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    yea... that looked like that hurt... XD

Meh.
    OK LOOK FOR ALL OF YOU THAT KEEP WRITING THESE COMMENTS IM NOT THE ONE WITH THE CAMERA MY BUDDY ROB IS I AM AT THE TOP OF THE HILL WAITING TO JUMP AND I HAVE A METAL BIKE WHICH IS OVER 800 DICK WEED MY BUDDY WAS RECORDING THIS BECAUSE I WAS GONNA JUMP AND DO SOMETHIN BUT THE KID STARTED AT THE TOP OF THE HILL SO I LET HIM GO FIRST AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPEND AND IF YOU CLEAN YOUR EARS YOU WILL HEAR ME SAY "HEY U IIGHT DUDE!!!!!" SO **** OFF OOOO AND FOR THOSE WHO LEAVE COMMENTS THAT THINK ITS FUNNY CUZ THE KID IS NOT HURT THANX AND KEEP EM COMMIN **** THESE OTHER ASS WHOLES!!!!!! kid eats dirt hard!!!! kid eats dirt on tabletop of death!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't hear anybody ask if he's "iight."

That accent was like wannabe thug meets deep south.
    Last edited by XSL_WiLL; 03-30-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Uphill? What's that
    please post this in the beginners forum so the newbs to the sport can see first hand why they should avoid walmart bikes.

Its got what plants crave
    ROFL

His friend is a douchebag but the guy on the bike is a fool too. He overshot that jump BIG TIME, then landed nose down, and he's not wearing a helmet or riding anything that belongs on a real trail. Plus he associates with a bunch of idiots.

Dec 2007
    OK LOOK FOR ALL OF YOU THAT KEEP WRITING THESE COMMENTS IM NOT THE ONE WITH THE CAMERA MY BUDDY ROB IS I AM AT THE TOP OF THE HILL WAITING TO JUMP AND I HAVE A METAL BIKE WHICH IS OVER 800 DICK WEED MY BUDDY WAS RECORDING THIS BECAUSE I WAS GONNA JUMP AND DO SOMETHIN BUT THE KID STARTED AT THE TOP OF THE HILL SO I LET HIM GO FIRST AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPEND AND IF YOU CLEAN YOUR EARS YOU WILL HEAR ME SAY "HEY U IIGHT DUDE!!!!!" SO **** OFF OOOO AND FOR THOSE WHO LEAVE COMMENTS THAT THINK ITS FUNNY CUZ THE KID IS NOT HURT THANX AND KEEP EM COMMIN **** THESE OTHER ASS WHOLES!!!!!! kid eats dirt hard!!!! kid eats dirt on tabletop of death!!!!!!!!!!

you sound about as dumb as the camera man right now. iight "dick weed"

clyde in training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc.Dub
    Ouch, wear a helmet kids. Full Face if you have one.
    the helmet would cost more than his bike

don't move for trees
    omg, ever time i eat **** like that i wish some one had it on film, just so i could laugh at my self over and over again. falling happens, especially dirt jumping, grew a pair, buy a helmet and it used to it, its fun stuff that should be on tape!
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

Ahahaha
    Oct 2007
    kids got balls
    straight up clapped that dirt

smell my finger
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyskills

you sound about as dumb as the camera man right now. iight "dick weed"
    Are you F$%$ing kidding me? A lot of us here have been there, and eaten SH(T on jumps, but we and our ridding buddies PROTECT ourselves. If you are a friend of this guy, he needed a clue and he got one big time that day. Some of us responsible adults will be sure our kids will be prepared to ride like that. After seeing the look on that kids face, he learned his lesson, no thanks to you. Yeah, I laughed and I'm glad he wasn't hurt, but imagine if you had to tell his parents why he'd never walk again...... Ha Ha

mtbr member
    pain-town; population: that kid.
    im wearing clothes right now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Kind of reminds me of this little chubby kid that rides the DJ's in HighBridge Park in NYC on his Harley Davidson fully. He goes much slower though.

I'm pretty sure I saw two really young kids riding at Diablo on what APPEARED to be walmart bikes.

Nov 2004
    i feel bad for the rider. am i the only one that had a POS bike when i was a kid and tried stupid stuff like that? while i agree that i'd rather a rider be on something he got from the LBS, i'd rather he be on a wal-mart bike than not be on a bike at all.

and yeah. the cameraman was a tool.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    "He fowlded his little suspension dar, he fowlded that ****" ROFL

At least he didn't get impaled by the bar ends.

mtbr member
    the look on the kids face is golden, is it disbelief, is it pain, is it a concussion, rofl, rofl

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by joemamad
    Are you F$%$ing kidding me? A lot of us here have been there, and eaten SH(T on jumps, but we and our ridding buddies PROTECT ourselves. If you are a friend of this guy, he needed a clue and he got one big time that day. Some of us responsible adults will be sure our kids will be prepared to ride like that. After seeing the look on that kids face, he learned his lesson, no thanks to you. Yeah, I laughed and I'm glad he wasn't hurt, but imagine if you had to tell his parents why he'd never walk again...... Ha Ha
    Not sure if you are addressing rusty with that or not, but he just copied the description from youtube over, he isn't the one that said all that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    that **** was so freakin funny bet it taught him a lesson

SS FR HT
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=14543135

my friend on his wal-mart mongoose, its not the bike that made him crash but its still funny, sorry for the bad quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formerbmx37
    so if a put a card in my spokes could i trick people in to thinking my bike is good

Capricious youth...
    I like the fact that the guy who posted the video calls everyone "*ss wholes."

Nice.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    I like the fact that the guy who posted the video calls everyone "*ss wholes."

Nice.
    Well duh. why would you want to call someone an *ss half? He is fully *ss if he's an *ss whole

Is flexy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    I'm pretty sure I saw two really young kids riding at Diablo on what APPEARED to be walmart bikes.
    I have also seen kids at Diablo on department store bikes. If you are a young kid and your parents won't drop a lot of coin on a bike that is understandable but it also becomes a safety issue.

The best part of the one kid I saw on a department store bike was when his fork ended up bent exactly like in that video and not BS I stood there and watched his dad ask the mechanic "Can't you just bend it back?" I guess he didn't value his son's life...
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

mtbr member
    BTW, that bike is built by the parent company of GT.

mtbr member
    trying to decide what makes more noise the forks bending and snapping or his head hitting the deck.

mtbr member
    I guess I kind of feel bad for the kid. He's obviously not old enough to work so he's stuck with whatever bike his parents got him. I did get a good laugh, just felt slightly bad afterwards.

It would have been much better if it was someone old enough to know better but just trying to save a buck.

Ricky DH
    Poor kid. . . . . sorry guys, didn't find that amusing at all, just couldn't laugh at that. I just hope the kid learned a lesson from all this, and some new friends. Hopefully in the near future the in-bread MORON holding the camera suffers some sort of terrible accident and everyone around him will laugh while he gets hauled away to the ER.
    Last edited by rep_1969; 03-31-2008 at 02:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    the tragedy of this whole thing is, my friends and I have been wanting to get a department store full suspension for exactly this same reason, only to do it on purpose (and be prepared/geared for it). This video is more inspiration then anything else. Gonna see if i can nose case a stepup and find out which is stronger: the fork or the headtube!

mtbr member
    Sweet Hangtime!

UNDEAD
    Did you see the look on that kid when he got up, totally dumb-founded!

People like that should not be able to afford video-cameras....

That's some "Deliverance" kind of shiz right there too!

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    the tragedy of this whole thing is, my friends and I have been wanting to get a department store full suspension for exactly this same reason, only to do it on purpose (and be prepared/geared for it). This video is more inspiration then anything else. Gonna see if i can nose case a stepup and find out which is stronger: the fork or the headtube!
    I can only hope you're kidding. What would be the purpose of doing this, other than attempting to hurt yourself on purpose? But hey, if pain is your *thing*, do whatever the hell you want.
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    when i was a kid i used to jump over anything on my bmx, we all did, and we wore no protection, it didnt even occur to us to be honest, at 32 i find it hard to jump off a kerb now but thats beside the point,

there are a lot of posts like ha ha serves the little bastard right but his friends couldve egged him on to take that jump, he couldve been out that day on his bike with no agenda for jumping over anything what so ever, im just glad it was the bike that broke and not his neck, i didnt laugh, ive seen you tube bike crashes that i thought were funny, but not that one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    I have also seen kids at Diablo on department store bikes. If you are a young kid and your parents won't drop a lot of coin on a bike that is understandable but it also becomes a safety issue.

The best part of the one kid I saw on a department store bike was when his fork ended up bent exactly like in that video and not BS I stood there and watched his dad ask the mechanic "Can't you just bend it back?" I guess he didn't value his son's life...
    I saw the same thing at Diablo. This kid went up on a Wally world bike, and the next time I saw him, he was crying to his dad and his bike looked just like in this video.

Bikes Rule
    Wow. I don't know what is worse. The dead face plant of the kid or the camera guy and the other kid talking with that red-neck stupidity. I didn't catch the last 2 lines until I replayed it a few times.

McDonalds - your future employee of the month is ready.

DAAAAAMMMMMMM......

thats right living legend
    I'm 33 yrs old, and I thought that was F.U.N.N.Y!!!

Kids are supposed to break their $hit. It's called being a KID!!! Get over yourselves ya bunch of wheenie biatches!!!

When I was a kid, I did that and worse three times a week.

Kids are made of rubber anyway.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

Dirt Deviant
    Yep, kids are all rubbery and bendy. Lucky for them......= )
    But Maybe that'll learn him to use a helmet.......I dunno know though. But he could at least put a stronger fork on that Pacific........and take the bar ends off.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

The plough
    I think the face plant kid's future is bright. The skills were not too bad, yes it was a bit front heavy, but a proper bike would have kept on going.

Soon we will see him on the forums here saying something like: "I nevr wor a helmit, and look at me, I r fine!"

V.

Glad to Be Alive
    sick.................
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

old broken downhiller
    Quote Originally Posted by vmajor
    I think the face plant kid's future is bright. The skills were not too bad, yes it was a bit front heavy, but a proper bike would have kept on going
    Yea, you gotta give the kid props for sending it proper-like. He looked confident the whole way, until the steerer tube failed. And he picked himself up like a man.

I think he'll be back...
    Refusing to grow up since 1978...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike
    Yea, you gotta give the kid props for sending it proper-like. He looked confident the whole way, until the steerer tube failed. And he picked himself up like a man.

I think he'll be back...

Yeah he did pretty well. I wonder how many times he did that jump before the fork finally failed.

If he had that kind of confidence on a walmart bike, imagine what he could do on a real bike.

thats right living legend
    That look on his face was PITY-FULL though. Ya just wanta give em a great big ole HUG!!!
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

HTFU and Ride
    hahahahha
    Winter is coming.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    That vid would be about 5x better if it ended with the dazed rider delivering a good jab to the throat of the camera"man".
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    After stealing that Walmart bike, he stole a Peterbuilt...

http://canwest.a.mms.mavenapps.net/m...c-4fd541f3817f

mtbr member
    https://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/incident.aspx

Man...that had to hurt bad the next day.

Members who have read this thread: 0