Why no more Mammoth dh race- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Why no more Mammoth dh race

Why is there no more norba races at mammoth. Are thay ever going to bring it back. I rode at Mammoth last year and now that I have started racing I would really of liked to race at Mammoth. Do they hold a summer race series like nothstar does.

Old No. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc
    Why is there no more norba races at mammoth. Are thay ever going to bring it back. I rode at Mammoth last year and now that I have started racing I would really of liked to race at Mammoth. Do they hold a summer race series like nothstar does.
    They have a race every thursday for fun. No points ect... they don't anounce the run until last min. either. Makes it interesting.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fred.r
    They have a race every thursday for fun. No points ect... they don't anounce the run until last min. either. Makes it interesting.
    What trail do they use and do thay mark out the course and everything like a big race and how do you register.

Old No. 7
    What trail do they use and do thay mark out the course and everything like a big race and how do you register.
    You just show up, course isn't marked, it's just what ever run they decide on that day. No regestration, no race fees, ect.. just a fun race. Last year when I was up there they raced down chainsmoke.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fred.r
    You just show up, course isn't marked, it's just what ever run they decide on that day. No regestration, no race fees, ect.. just a fun race. Last year when I was up there they raced down chainsmoke.

If the course isn't marked wouldn't everyone just make shortcuts and cheat, how do thay time it and where do you have to show up to race.

mtbr member
    You'd only be cheating yourself and not winning anything anyways... What would be the point?
    Hubbard Bike Club

Old No. 7
    If the course isn't marked wouldn't everyone just make shortcuts and cheat, how do thay time it and where do you have to show up to race.
    It's for FUN, not serious. I don't know the details beyond what I've already said. Just show up and when you buy your lift ticket ask. It's nothing big, so don't plan a trip around it.

Trying a little
    it would be just another crime against humanity ... like smt's cruel and heartless video post

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    You'd only be cheating yourself of time and money and not winning anything anyways... Why race NORBAS?
    Fixed hehe...

It's every Thursday evening at the end of the day. Something like $5-$10 if you don't have a lift ticket for the day. Different run every week, but every run there is 10x better than any other west coast race course I'm aware of. Open category and the top few guys/gals get their choice of swag/small gear. IMO more worthy than any NORBA event in California.

I'm not sure any of the runs there have any faster options than the regular lines? Including the fire roads. If you're going slow enough that the fire roads traversing the hill are faster, you're probably walking anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0