Why is my frame cracked????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Why is my frame cracked????

Just kidding, I know why it's cracked....

So, after two seasons and a lot of misuse, my Azonic Propulsion (3.5" cross country frame) is completely dead. The headtube is ovalized, the seat tube is cracked, and there are 2 cracks in the chainstays. I certainly don't blame Azonic, and I'm not going to try to get it warrantied. I abused it. It was a really fun do everything bike, unfortunately not built to do everything. It will look good hanging on my wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    sad to hear about the frame, do you know if the DS course is still up on ripley?
    New Nemesis Project Streetfighter: $500 with headset, email [email protected]

-> SickLines.com <-
    Yea that was a fun course

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Cool pics
    at least you are honest about why it broke; and it looks like you had fun doing it
    good luck on your search and eventual new bike!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Unfortunately the DS course is gone, had to get torn down before winter. The last jump hasn't been bulldozed yet, but will be soon.

mtb_biker, did you take that picture of Tony?

Glad to Be Alive
    very cool attitude.....nice pics too
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

no big deal
    I just had to hang up a busted frame on the wall as well, was sad at first but then realized it meant I got to get a new bike! What are you going to replace it with?
    Enjoy yourself, bi***es.
    It's a celebration.
    -Dave Chappelle-

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    It has already been replaced. Got a Titus Supermoto for a trail/freeride/downhill bike and a Trek Top Fuel 8 for a crosscounty racer. I've only got a couple rides on it, but the Supermoto is amazing, definately the most fun bike I've owned.

-> SickLines.com <-
    My friend took them , got a ton of pics... pity you guys couldn't have a race there this year.
    here's two more

mmm supermoto

kona-tize me captain
    dude all this should so be covered under warranty.........

sorry to hear abotu ur frame man, but seems like ur happy with the replacement so congrats to that
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I actually haven't ridden the frame for a while, so it's not like there's any trauma right now. I was bored and figured it was an interesting story to tell. I actually stripped the frame early this spring, then I built it back up in July when another bike was in for warranty (not my fault). When I was building it back up I noticed the cracks and then determined that the headtube was ovalized which was the reason for all of the creaking going on. So I rode it a couple more times (scared the whole time that it would fail catastrophically), then stripped it again and officially retired it.

mtb_biker, there was no collegiate race at Ripley this fall, but we had a race there earlier in the summer (Keweenaw Chain Drive). There was a dh (similar course to the college race), and a dual slalom that had some bridges and some cool jumps.

-> SickLines.com <-
    i was going to come up and do the dh race. It was alot slower (or at least looking at the results) it looked like they cut something out as the times were a minute slower almost i believe.

mtbr member
    Sweet pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

ride hard take risks
    It's amazing the punishment some of the inexpensive XC frames can handle. Sometimes they make a sweet do alot bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Members who have read this thread: 0