Why I should stick to mountain riding...- Mtbr.com
    Capricious youth...

Why I should stick to mountain riding...

I had a great time at Northstar, but riding asphalt is a different world.

Well, today I have to run errands on my lunch. I strap my shoes on and hop on my road bike. Ride to one bank. Check. Ride to bank number two. Che....

Some homeless looking dude rides past me on an old Rockhopper. "Nice bike" he says, when he's still 20 feet away from me. I nod. Two blocks later, he had chased me down and was yelling at me because I was "rude" to him for not being gracious for his comment about my bike. He looks like one of the crazy homeless kinda' dudes, so I tell him I nodded, upshift, and jam away from him.

Next stop: U.S. Post Office. I ride my bike to the stop, and carry my bike into the building. Apparently there's some rule about not bringing bicycles into the USPS. The lady gives me the finger wag, and tells me never to bring my bike inside the building again.

Blah... I'm sticking to mountain.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Eh? Huh?

Capricious youth...
    Karate Chop.
    Meh.

Mi vida es bueno
    Old guys don't look good in lycra anyways.

mtbr member
    You could bite her head off. That would solve it.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

Good for you the finger wag didn't turn into a full-auto UZI!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Seems to me that *****es like her are the reason the term 'postal' was created; I'm sure the guy that did go postal was working with people like her.

I would have been unable to resist telling her:
    "ok, sorry. however, how bout you can the ****in *****y attitude and ask me nicely?"
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

Capricious youth...
    Quote Originally Posted by splatman

Blah. And youngins need to mind their elders.
    Meh.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    your story is funny. and i can relate...
    i work in Venice (LA), and the homeless fools here are crazy.

i can't count how many times I've been yelled at by crazy homeless people for not responding to their drunken comments.
    They're really quite sensitive people, and will make a huge scene if you don't acknowledge them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    really depends, all you gotta do is put on some headphones, blare your music and tune out. I have nearly as much fun on asphalt as on mountain, just gotta tune out the crazy drivers, and pedestrians.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    Some homeless looking dude rides past me on an old Rockhopper. "Nice bike" he says, when he's still 20 feet away from me. I nod. Two blocks later, he had chased me down and was yelling at me because I was "rude" to him for not being gracious for his comment about my bike. He looks like one of the crazy homeless kinda' dudes, so I tell him I nodded, upshift, and jam away from him.
    Bukkake, you allowed a homeless bum catch up to you? And this vagabond was on a rockhopper? I never thought I'd see the day that Mr. "I pedal uphill on a 45 pound bike with a 36t chainring at xc race pace" Bukkake would be slow enough to let a hobo catch up to him. Shame Shame. Tis a sad day for sure.

Time for those cutoff denim short shorts and the cutoff sleeve jean jacket. That'll teach those dumpster dwelling alcoholics who's more bada$$.

Sometimes has attitude

No inspiration from the road. Give me a good singletrack!

Yeah, besides you can get inspired by mtb guys. With the tricks and places they ride and the life style. I tryed to get inspired to ride more road by some new hot kid in the tour de france and come to find out is a total ****ing cheater like a lot of the past champs they all came up dirty. Last year I liked Vino because I thought he was just a hard working kid too...WRONG! Rassmussen....I knew he was as dirty sin. That sport is jacked up.

I say let all those guys do all the drugs they want and let them race. When they fall down dead in the road we can still cheer because they diserved it. It would end up being that the strongest guy to stay clean would end up in Paris first anyways. Crazy thing is I choose to ride my "Scott CR1" road bike today before I turned on the TV at 5:30AM....there's been a dark cloud over me all day. Doom on Ricco! I hope they throw him in jail, take all his money and ban him forever. That little monkey ****er!

Like an old racer buddy of mine said, "what happened to the days of old when all you had to do was worry about caffine supositorys (sp?)", "at least when you saw a guy reach into the back of his shorts late into a race you knew what was coming....bbbbbbrrrrraaaappppp! Then they'd **** themselves, LOL.

I'm a mountain bike freak forever!!

Tom (coffee drinker )
    Ride Your Bike!

Mi vida es bueno
    Blah. And youngins need to mind their elders.

like THAT'S gonna happen.

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by splatman

No one looks good in Lycra.

Not even your mother.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6

Not even your mother.

except for me. you have not seen the picturss
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by SJensen
    except for me. you have not seen the picturss
    I need PROOF
    Gamut
    Team Evil

Capricious youth...
    I do NOT want proof of your hotness in spandex, Scotty.

DO NOT WANT.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    haha hate road riders, nearly got run down by like 20 of them, comming up behind me at like 40 with no warning to all going past bout a 1ft away :@ ignorant little ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******** (i dont like them in other words)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member

Not even your mother.

My ma and I both cut quite dashing figures in our Lycra... it's actually our family attire when we're hanging out around the house

Glad to Be Alive

Not even your mother.
    no way neighbor mom is hot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi Tech Department
    Yeah, besides you can get inspired by mtb guys. With the tricks and places they ride and the life style. I tryed to get inspired to ride more road by some new hot kid in the tour de france and come to find out is a total ****ing cheater like a lot of the past champs they all came up dirty. Last year I liked Vino because I thought he was just a hard working kid too...WRONG! Rassmussen....I knew he was as dirty sin. That sport is jacked up.

I say let all those guys do all the drugs they want and let them race. When they fall down dead in the road we can still cheer because they diserved it. It would end up being that the strongest guy to stay clean would end up in Paris first anyways. Crazy thing is I choose to ride my "Scott CR1" road bike today before I turned on the TV at 5:30AM....there's been a dark cloud over me all day. Doom on Ricco! I hope they throw him in jail, take all his money and ban him forever. That little monkey ****er!

Like an old racer buddy of mine said, "what happened to the days of old when all you had to do was worry about caffine supositorys (sp?)", "at least when you saw a guy reach into the back of his shorts late into a race you knew what was coming....bbbbbbrrrrraaaappppp! Then they'd **** themselves, LOL.

I'm a mountain bike freak forever!!

Tom (coffee drinker )
    too funny and so sad it is true
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    haha hate road riders, nearly got run down by like 20 of them, comming up behind me at like 40 with no warning to all going past bout a 1ft away :@ ignorant little ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******** (i dont like them in other words)
    It's people like you that make roadies hate us.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Card-carrying wotmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    It's people like you that make roadies hate us.
    Tell me about it.

Mi vida es bueno
    I do NOT want proof of your hotness in spandex, Scotty.

DO NOT WANT.
    X2!

mtbr member
    road racing is notoriously crooked.

Bikes Rule
    I think it is ironic that the USPS - who sponsored a Tour de France race team with Lance Armstrong - agives someone crap about bringing in a road bike. Maybe it was because it was not Trek?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I did a lot of road riding for one year, it was in 06 when I thought I was going to be this XC supper star. I enjoyed riding the road for different reasons than I enjoyed riding my mountain bike. It made mountain biking more fun, because it really help me get into good pedaling shape. With that said I have not been doing so much road riding anymore, one I became disinterested in the XC racing scene, mainly because the xc riders around here want the trails to flow like the road they train on, the other reason is I realized I was going to have to spend a bunch time on the road bike which would take away from the mountain biking. Why I enjoyed road riding, it does not compare to mountain biking. I love being in the woods and I love riding trails, mountain biking just seems so much more dynamic than road riding. With road riding you pretty much just pedal the bike, yeah there is some skill to riding in a pace line doing 30 to 50mph going down hill and switching positions but nothing like having to negotiate a step rocky section of trail, or a big log crossing or speeding down a descent and avoiding going off the edge or hitting a tree. Alot of people in my area get into the xc racing thing and the training on the road and they eventually stop riding the mtb all together, I don't get it.

As far as the people getting busted for doping in the professional road riding, I think it is great that the sport is trying to do something to clean up its act. Doesn't sound like they are being too successful at this point but they are making more of an effort than any other sport.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo-9
    I think it is ironic that the USPS - who sponsored a Tour de France race team with Lance Armstrong - agives someone crap about bringing in a road bike. Maybe it was because it was not Trek?
    it is ironic. but remember, you don't need a high school education to work at the post office register.

KEEP ROLLING
    only thing lycra is good for is for putting bananas in them at dress up parties.

where i live road riding is suicide. in the mountains you put your life in your hands on the road you put your life in other peoples hands.

Capricious youth...
    I saw the crazy guy on the old Specialized bike near my apartment this morning (the one who yelled at me after chasing me down for "disrespecting him").

He was talking to himself while riding his bike. I'm inclined to look for a BlueTooth headset these days, because assuming someone is talking to himself. He had no BlutTooth.
    Meh.

moaaar shimz
    What are you guys talking about? Road riding is soooo muchhhhh funnnnnn.....

For The Win

for who??
    Slow is cool too, right?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I saw the crazy guy on the old Specialized bike near my apartment this morning (the one who yelled at me after chasing me down for "disrespecting him").

He was talking to himself while riding his bike. I'm inclined to look for a BlueTooth headset these days, because assuming someone is talking to himself. He had no BlutTooth.
    He probably doesn't have any teeth! Har har.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyFTW

for who??

For me

trail fairy
    Rasmussen was a top Mtber first which is why he was so good in the hills, juiced yes!

To be fair I think the whole cyclying community is corrupt as hell [in road riding atleast] and a bunch of hypocrites, they castigate the riders its not all there fault!

the teams pressure the drugs on them they are forced to take there doctors order, pills supa foods and whatever other BS, youre telling me they don't know crap! No conform no contract rock the boat theyre sacked, do we honestly believe these guys know that there team riders aren't doing this course not theyre controlling it

Its all too hard so blame the riders theyre the easy target cause theyre seen, real and are visable! it will never stop until they start jailing the authorites, team bosses, leaders and there doctors! if they cleaned up that the riders would be clean in no time!

its been going on for years, probably as far back as the 60s same with the Olympics, most of it comes down to who they want to make an example of to take the lime light off others imo!

other than that I don't see any other way of stopping it the sportsmen/women themselves are only the end product but take the brunt of so called clean people who are a bunch of too faced hypocrites
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

EastBaySteez
    I still want to see Scott in Lycra.
    Gamut
    Team Evil

Members who have read this thread: 0