Who sells Alex wheelsets?- Mtbr.com
    Authority is dead!

Who sells Alex wheelsets?

Where can I get my hands on those? 26/26 with 20mm front, qr rear. Online sources?
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

Authority is dead!
    I wasn't asking 4 your 0.02$ on these.
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13
    Where can I get my hands on those? 26/26 with 20mm front, qr rear. Online sources?
    I've got an extra set for sale, brand new, never used. Alex Supra-D rims, welded seam, black anodized, 32mm wide.
    Sealed cartridge Novatec hubs, 20mm front (1) $75 , qr front (1) $60, 12mm threaded bolt-on rear machined down to accept 10mm drop-outs (1) $100.
    PayPal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    looks srait
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    you may not ask, but you will receive. watch the rim fold like a chalupa at taco bell.
    Go take your X-TREME HARDCORE overweight Bender huck rims and 3.00 tires and drop off a cliff. The Alex rims are top notch quality medium weight rims. Great for people who already know how to ride.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Go take your X-TREME HARDCORE overweight Bender huck rims and 3.00 tires and drop off a cliff. The Alex rims are top notch quality medium weight rims. Great for people who already know how to ride.
    agreed, alexrims are sweet, my friend runs the dx-32's and beats the sh!t outta them, and they're barely off true... and they're actually light..
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member

love em, and a suggestion

i am running them. i love them. not sure where to get the alex ones. however, word around the campfire is that they are the same product as one of the planet-x rims (the bmf, i think). those can be purchased at a number of places, including unrealcycles.com.

good luck

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    somebody just shed a tear. sorry your feelings got hurt on the crappy rims your trying to sell
    I see you ride a banshee scream. I rest my case.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i do ride a scream, and bender owns you. i rest your case.
    Bender? Are you kidding me? I'll slap Bender over my knee and spank his bare ass!
    In your personal info it states that you started riding in 2003? One year ago? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. STFU! You don't know anything about anything. What are you, 16?

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Bender? Are you kidding me? I'll slap Bender over my knee and spank his bare ass!
    In your personal info it states that you started riding in 2003? One year ago? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. STFU! You don't know anything about anything. What are you, 16?
    Have you seen the pics from zach? yeah....its that gnarcore.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Glad to Be Alive
    Hey Twister,

You are messing with the wrong guy. Zachdank will have you pissing in your shorts, and crying for your mommy, if he took you on one of his trails.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Hey Twister,

You are messing with the wrong guy. Zachdank will have you pissing in your shorts, and crying for your mommy, if he took you on one of his trails.
    Not likely. You kids don't know who I am, do you? I was probably doing 70' gaps before you where born. Don't make me start bragging.

I was trying to help Lucky 13 with trying to get some Alex wheels. Why are you kids even posting on this thread?

Glad to Be Alive
    ok....I will bite....who are you?????

Authority is dead!
    TWISTED: Thank you, but I'm looking for DX32s.

Thanks again!
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    TWISTED: Thank you, but I'm looking for DX32s.

Thanks again!
    No problem, just trying to help.

Glad to Be Alive
    Identify

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    because i've had experience w/ alex wheels, and they were $hit. no big deal.
    Did you have Alex Supra-D's, DX32's or something else? What rim? Who built the the wheels for you and were all the spokes to tension at the time of the failure? How did the the rim fail? What tire and pressure? What rim would you suggest and why?

Thank you.

Tim Parker
    Kinesis USA, Inc. / Mountain Cycle
    QC / Bike Testing
    DK support
    CTi2
    Marzocchi

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    sweet resume bro.
    zachdank
    creator of the muthafyckin S.T.I.N.C.
    owner of the 10 ft drop to flats
    you got skills, i got skills, we all got skills.
    fjt brothels
    kgb puffer
    hitter of 70 ft gaps in the womb.
    i was lying, alex rims are indestructable. i hope you find a buyer for yours soon.
    Huh? I thought you might elaborate on your previous experience with Alex rims in hope of helping out your fellow riders.
    DK sent me three pairs of these wheels but I've already got plenty of Sun wheels that I've been using. I thought I'd sell them here real cheap to fellow riders. If these rims are truly junk then please, please let me know what their weakness is.

mtbr member
    Check out www.bikeroom.com - they carry alot of alex rims

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    listen bro, i've had a couple good friends that ran different kinds of alex. they are both long time bike mechs. one of them is an epic wheel builder. long story short, i've seen these wheels crack and bend way to easy. maybee it was just a couple of bad sets, but they swore them off, and i respect their opinion. everything breaks.
    Thanks "bro" Yes everything does break, but we can't all be rolling around on motorcycle wheels, can we? Claiming that something "sucks ball$" but then failing to back the statement up with supportive facts does very little to help people with valid recommendations. At 16 years of age and with 1 year of riding experience you have absolutely no business trying to pass off your young views as fact. Jeez when I was 16 I was racing 250 int. motocross and had already broken a dozen bmx bikes. At 20 I was leading the points in my BMX district. At 30 I was the state pro dual slalom champ, and did some 90' downhill jumps at the Washougal Motocross Track . At 34 I was doing video shoots with Thor Wixom and Ryan Gibb, While also being paid to do R&D and bike testing, as well as having my photo in full page ads in almost every mountain bike magazine all over the world. This year I have a long list of free new bikes to choose from and check out my featured spots in the video Jib2, including a monster 22 stair stair-gap. Usually when I go to do drops and freeride with friends I use a 4" xc bike because that's all I need. I got 8 free bikes last year.

Sorry for bragging "bro", but I think the above credentials seemed required at this time to get the point across to you that just because you can ride Bender's bike off a roof, it doesn't automatically make you a master of free ride skills and bicycle knowledge.

There are many others on this forum with much more talent and experience than me, I'm very well aware of that. It's terrible when someone asks a simple question and then gets smart-assed cracks and ego from newbies while expert recommendations get passed over in the clutter.
    By the way, WestCoastHucker swears by Alex DX32 rims and many view him as the best rider on this board.

Glad to Be Alive
    Even WCH bows to Zachdank...I know he has told me how sick Zachdank is and is trails are real gnarcore.

Glad to Be Alive
    wch bows to nobody. he owns my trails. at least most of em. twisted just got his panties in a wad.
    he said you have some sick stuff Zach.....I have seen and filmed him doing some amazing things.

Believe me i don't want any part of being 16 feet up on a skinny.

Pro Crastinator
    alex makes a ton of different style rims, and honestly i couldn't imagine someone having issues with the DX32's unless they were just a total hack. after having them on a bike for so long that my other bike went thru a set of sun doublewides, mavic mavic D321's and a set of azonic outlaws all during the same period, there is no need to otherwise convince me of their strength.

my DX32's have never been untrue or out of round and after a million and one massive cases and 50/50 on jumps and drops of all sizes, and not even one single flatspot after 3 years of solid WCH downhilling/DJ/urban abuse.........

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    mtbstore.com

USB Rep'n

Au contraire...

wch bows to nobody.
    He bows to me!!! Yield WCH! (or sick the border patrol on yo silly arse!)

I do have to say, Ive been running some DM24's with no problems. Then again, Im landing on real smooth trannies so it is a little different than hucking those "womb gaps". dang zach, that one had me lmao and spitting some hot coffee on my hand!

I haven't seen much of twisted's stuff but I can't believe anyone who's spent more than 5 nanoseconds on this board would cahllenge your skills bud. you own, plain and simple even if you're "review" of those wheels sucks monkey [email protected]! lol!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

New project, TBA shortly
    hey Zachdank, what rims are you running?

mtbr member
    I remember over the summer you talked about some Sun RhynoliteXL's.......What ever happened to them? Did you ever destroy them? Or did they hold up well? Just asking because I still have some and have been itching to "up grade" what ever that means.

Thanks
    Bikeless Rider