who makes a....- Mtbr.com

Thread: who makes a....

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

who makes a....

24 in rear tire, approx. 500-800 grams, all conditions traction, prolly between 2.2-2.4in? Thanks in advance for your help! A special prize to whomever presents the best option(s).

Leo

Glad to Be Alive
    I think this is a downhill/freeride forum. We really don't care about weight. I like the High rollars by Maxxis but they weigh a little more.

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

you're a

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I think this is a downhill/freeride forum. We really don't care about weight. I like the High rollars by Maxxis but they weigh a little more.
    jacka$$. Considering the nature of this forum, DH/FR, one might come to the conclusion that DH racers are concerned w/ things such as rotational weight/resistance, etc. as it factors in to ones overall performance. Especially when one, myself, is looking for a better tire for my gf's bike.

You may feel it in your best interest to ride as heavy a bike as possible and to attempt humor at my expense, but trust me, neither item makes you a better/cooler rider.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    Yo Flower Power, he gave you an answer, if you don't like it gt off this BB and go toke out somewhere else

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhippy
    jacka$$. Considering the nature of this forum, DH/FR, one might come to the conclusion that DH racers are concerned w/ things such as rotational weight/resistance, etc. as it factors in to ones overall performance. Especially when one, myself, is looking for a better tire for my gf's bike.

You may feel it in your best interest to ride as heavy a bike as possible and to attempt humor at my expense, but trust me, neither item makes you a better/cooler rider.
    sensitive?? I LIKE MAXXIS HIGH ROLLARS THEY ARE STILL PRETTY LIGHT.MAYBE GO TUBELESS TO LESSEN THE WEIGHT

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004

Best option..

24 in rear tire, approx. 500-800 grams, all conditions traction, prolly between 2.2-2.4in? Thanks in advance for your help! A special prize to whomever presents the best option(s).

Leo
    Here is your best option, the Arrow "The Bite". Here are the specs...
    The Bite:
    as the saying goes, “if it works, don’t fix it” it has been a favorite for over ten years, a rounder profile and ramped center knobs to eliminate speed scrub.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=430 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>tire</TD><TD vAlign=top>static width*</TD><TD vAlign=top>tire diameter</TD><TD vAlign=top>bead</TD><TD vAlign=top>weight**</TD><TD vAlign=top>duro</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>The Bite 24 x 2.10-LT</TD><TD vAlign=top>2.1</TD><TD vAlign=top>24.5”</TD><TD vAlign=top>ST/KV</TD><TD vAlign=top>790/737</TD><TD vAlign=top>67</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I started using this on my XC bike years ago when I started using 24" rear tires. It's a really great tire, from an awesome company. Gus rocks. The tire actually measures about 2.2-2.3". I have one that's fairly new, used on maybe 3 rides, if you want it cheap send me an email. I have no use for it, it's too narrow for my Big Hit, I prefer 2.5+ tires.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Leo
    Spec Roller Pro RS (in the 700-800g range), check their website:
    http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqSect...ainEnduroAggro
    there seem to be more 24" in '04 than '05, so if you can find some '04 at your LBS they might be cheap.

ridin' the hope

No good

watch it bro. I wouldn't call WCH anything but my hero. you have some serious problems if you belive that his answer qualifies as a "jacka$$". WHC is a fountain of knowlege when it comes bicycle gear and he is also one of the hardest throwing hucksters around. So why don't you bow down and pay some respect, biznatch.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dude, take it easy. People on this board tend to be a bit smarmy. Mostly, nobody means anything by it. If you keep that in mind, it keeps the girlie internet slap-fights to a minimum. Smart-ass comment followed by helpful info is pretty standard fare.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004

Hey...

I think this is a downhill/freeride forum.
    Not to bag on you personally. But if what your saying were true, people wouldn't bag on the Monster T everytime someone mentions it or posts a pic of their bike with one.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Grantels
    watch it bro. I wouldn't call WCH anything but my hero. you have some serious problems if you belive that his answer qualifies as a "jacka$$". WHC is a fountain of knowlege when it comes bicycle gear and he is also one of the hardest throwing hucksters around. So why don't you bow down and pay some respect, biznatch.
    Who was he talking too? That was Shiver Me Timbers he was getting up on not WCH. However I agree WCH is a pretty cool cat and has definitely earned his place. Although that's not to say SMT hasn't.

But alot of people on this board seem to have a double standard when it comes too heavy duty parts. While heavy tires, stems, etc seem to be acceptable, heavy forks are another story. Go figure. Ride what you like.

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

perfect....

Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Here is your best option, the Arrow "The Bite". Here are the specs...
    The Bite:
    as the saying goes, “if it works, don’t fix it” it has been a favorite for over ten years, a rounder profile and ramped center knobs to eliminate speed scrub.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=430 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>tire</TD><TD vAlign=top>static width*</TD><TD vAlign=top>tire diameter</TD><TD vAlign=top>bead</TD><TD vAlign=top>weight**</TD><TD vAlign=top>duro</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>The Bite 24 x 2.10-LT</TD><TD vAlign=top>2.1</TD><TD vAlign=top>24.5”</TD><TD vAlign=top>ST/KV</TD><TD vAlign=top>790/737</TD><TD vAlign=top>67</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I started using this on my XC bike years ago when I started using 24" rear tires. It's a really great tire, from an awesome company. Gus rocks. The tire actually measures about 2.2-2.3". I have one that's fairly new, used on maybe 3 rides, if you want it cheap send me an email. I have no use for it, it's too narrow for my Big Hit, I prefer 2.5+ tires.
    thanks for the quality info, I already emailed you regarding purchase. Since you like 2.5 tires, I've got an '03 24x2.5 Maxxis High Roller that's been on my gf's bike. It's been on perhaps 2 dozen rides, still has about 95% tread left. If you'd like to swap or are otherwise interested in that tire, lemme know!

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

I wouldn't call

Quote Originally Posted by Grantels
    WCH anything but your hero either. He's a good rider.

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

not sensitive...

sensitive?? I LIKE MAXXIS HIGH ROLLARS THEY ARE STILL PRETTY LIGHT.MAYBE GO TUBELESS TO LESSEN THE WEIGHT
    simply responding in kind to the sarcasm in the former portion of your initial reply.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Who was he talking too? That was Shiver Me Timbers he was getting up on not WCH. However I agree WCH is a pretty cool cat and has definitely earned his place. Although that's not to say SMT hasn't...................
    oops for grant, he is MY hero. all bow to grantles.....

mtbr member
    hey treehuger, get bent you douche
    signature

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LandonVega
    hey treehuger, get bent you douche
    just because he is a hippie doesn't mean he's a treehugger...
    oh maybe it does.
    who cares.

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

Hope the trees....

are the only thing bent when me and my 50in. Stihl are done w/ them. Trying to get a word in when this thread has long since bored everyone else? Nice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    are the only thing bent when me and my 50in. Stihl are done w/ them. Trying to get a word in when this thread has long since bored everyone else? Nice.
    so you are saying you don't have the heart to finish them off? you just leave the trees hanging there like a fish out of water?
    haha. just messing dude. 50 inches is huge.

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

I only use that

saw on special occasions...falling big timber is scarier than any drop. If it bucks it'll knock yer head clean off! Mostly I use my lil 16 in. for building trails (cleaning up down trees for log rides, etc.). My 16 is a cheap craftsman and is responsible for prolly 80-90% of the rungs on my hometown trails (Blackrock trails, near Salem, OR) that saw is the best. In fact, it's going to get quite a work-out this weekend & next as we'll be starting the winter building season, stoked on that! In fact, some pics of WCH were posted here not to long ago and he was riding those trails. They're meager now, but, they're all legal as I have a contract with the Oregon Dept. of Forestry. They won't be meager after this winter, that's for sure.

Leo Kowalski
    President, Blackrock Freeride Association

go big or go home

Leo

**** ya dude go with the mag 30's

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Schwalbe makes a real light 24 x 2.4 I forget the model name I think it's the Racing Ralph, but I know it uses their evolution rubber that is hella grippy. Arrows are OK, I've got plenty of them, but they aren't as light or grippy as the new Schwalbe.

Article num. 11627720 Name RACING RALPH
    Application MTB - Multi Purpose Execution Folding Tire
    ETRTO 62-507 Performance Evolution
    Size(inch) 24 x 2.40 Compound Speedgrip
    Tread HS 351 Color B-SK
    EPI 67 Pressure_psi N/A
    Max_load 135 Weight(gram) 535
    __________________________________________________ ___________________ Execution ETRTO Inch Color Type US$ Details Order
    Evolution 62-507 24 x 2.40 B-SK

"A special prize to whomever presents the best option(s)."
    What did I win?
    Last edited by TWISTED; 10-29-2004 at 12:52 AM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bentimby
    **** ya dude go with the mag 30's
    what are you talking about? this is a tire question, mag 30's happen to be rims...