Who has a Michelin DH24 or DH16 26x2.2?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Who has a Michelin DH24 or DH16 26x2.2?

I just want to know the real casing width and the total width. Anyone that can measure any of these tires please? thanks.
    voycaminandoenlacallemirandoalasmuchachas mirandoalasmuchachas hayunasrubiasgraciosasmorenashermosasypreciosas

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Just went out and measured it. The casing with was just at 2.2" or a hair under and the tread width was ~2.25".

The rim its on currently is an 819, so it's probably a little narrower rim than others would probably use

EDIT: BTW the tire is a DH24

Professional Troll
    the thing is, is they are significantly less volume than the 2.5's. just so ure aware. Better chance to ding the rim and what not.

mtbr member
    Well, I'm guessing from what Rover Nick said, it should be like a Maxxis 2.35 or even a little bigger, since he has a narrow rim. I'd be using an Outlaw. I think if I see a Michi I'd give it a try.
    voycaminandoenlacallemirandoalasmuchachas mirandoalasmuchachas hayunasrubiasgraciosasmorenashermosasypreciosas

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss
    Well, I'm guessing from what Rover Nick said, it should be like a Maxxis 2.35 or even a little bigger, since he has a narrow rim. I'd be using an Outlaw. I think if I see a Michi I'd give it a try.
    a little bigger then a Maxxis 2.35
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    DH16 26x2.2=2.0 casing,2.1 tread width on a rynolite rim. Makes a ok front wet/loose trail tire but for all out wet/loose DH speed and rocks the 2.5 16 is the right stuff. When I first mounted the 2.2 16 I thought it looked thin.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skywaybuzz
    DH16 26x2.2=2.0 casing,2.1 tread width on a rynolite rim. Makes a ok front wet/loose trail tire but for all out wet/loose DH speed and rocks the 2.5 16 is the right stuff. When I first mounted the 2.2 16 I thought it looked thin.
    Now you just confused me... how do you compare it to other 2.35 tires... let's say Maxxis?
    I want to think they are the same, a thinner tire wouldn't be a nice option. And I want a more resistant tire than the 1ply freeride casing the Maxxis has. The nicest one would be a little bigger than the 2.35 Minion and not as big as a 2.5 Minion.

BTW, anyone has seen the new Maxxis Ardent? It was at Interbike but who knows when would it be available? Looks promising.

Anyone knows what are the exact measures of 2.5 Minions?
    Last edited by Gauss; 11-07-2007 at 11:30 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0