whiteface- Mtbr.com

Thread: whiteface

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

whiteface

Has anyone ever ridden here? Can you give me a clue what I'm in for? We're heading there this weekend.....
    I've been to Plattekill, Diablo and Mt Snow if you wanted something to compare...
    We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

www.mtbnj.com

mtbr member
    As steep as Platty up top and flows like Diablow down bottom. 2,500 vert is a lot bigger than you think it is. Have fun! Fahn

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Neen
    Has anyone ever ridden here? Can you give me a clue what I'm in for? We're heading there this weekend.....
    I've been to Plattekill, Diablo and Mt Snow if you wanted something to compare...
    don't worry.........

the adventure is which you seak
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Three sheets to the wind
    I've been riding there for a few years, it's awesome. Hook up with downhillmike@highpeaksma.com
    he runs the mountain there, great guy with a great staff.
    When are you thinking of heading up?
    Last edited by Bawitdaba; 07-16-2006 at 06:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I have never biked there but I went snowboarding there and its steep and real tall.

mtbr member
    Edit out Mikes email as he did not post it. He runs the mtn. so he's easy to find.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    Edit out Mikes email as he did not post it. He runs the mtn. so he's easy to find.
    http://www.hcor.net/modules.php?name=Forums

Mike posts in the DH/FR forum and his own Whiteface forum all the time. Lots of good stuff on Whiteface.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    No worries with my e-mail address i love to talk about what we have going on here and am always willing to answer as many questions as possible.
    The correct e-mail is downhillmike@highpeaksma.com and I do reply faster on that as the pm's.
    Looks to be great weekend and crowd. No worries about the trails the 2,500 really spreads people ot well and the lift (gondola) takes 3 riders and there bikes all inside for a quick 12 to 15 minute ride up.
    We will have an extra empolyee on Saturday so we'll have someone out on the trails making sure everyone finds evreything.
    Hopefully the new double teeter will be ready on the "northeast shore" trail no. 15.

See ya at the face
    Downhill Mike
    Size does matter!
    www.whiteface.com

p.s. The runs are long enough where you'll want to ride with a camelback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill mike
    No worries with my e-mail address i love to talk about what we have going on here and am always willing to answer as many questions as possible.
    The correct e-mail is downhillmike@highpeaksma.com and I do reply faster on that as the pm's.
    Looks to be great weekend and crowd. No worries about the trails the 2,500 really spreads people ot well and the lift (gondola) takes 3 riders and there bikes all inside for a quick 12 to 15 minute ride up.
    We will have an extra empolyee on Saturday so we'll have someone out on the trails making sure everyone finds evreything.
    Hopefully the new double teeter will be ready on the "northeast shore" trail no. 15.

See ya at the face
    Downhill Mike
    Size does matter!
    www.whiteface.com

p.s. The runs are long enough where you'll want to ride with a camelback.
    Next week we will start an online registration for our Labor Day "Whiteface 5 K Downhill Race". Pro times around 7 to 8 minutes and a $5,000.00 pro cash purse + prizes for all categories. Race day Sunday September 3rd 2006. Open 7 days a week till 9-4-06 then weekends only till 10-9-06.

Downhill Mike
    downhillmike@highpeaksma.com
    Whiteface Mountain
    Size does matter!
    www.whiteface.com

Members who have read this thread: 0