Whistler report..........- Mtbr.com
    Xtremely Moderate

Whistler report..........

Day 1

Got here a little late but managed to get on the lift by 5:30.

Run 1
    A little warm up on Crank it Up - Whistler DH - Monkey Hands - Heart of Darkness.
    That got me blood moving a bit so..........

Run 2
    One of my favs - Dirt Merchant - A- Line - GLC
    Had my jump on and managed to hit all but 1 or 2 trannies on the run.

Run 3
    All the way to the top. Criss crossed amonst No Joke - Freight Train - Original Sin - Duff Man - A Line (I think). Sooooooooooo fun. Holy crap.

Run 4
    Mixtture of Joyride - Rock City - Lower Whistler DH - something else ?????
    Whoa! Steeeeeeeeepness. Washed out on one of those big rock faces on Joyride but managed to slide down about 20 ft. or so on my leg armor. Big bruise on my ass as a result. No worries though.

Called it a night, drank major Kokanees and partied with some local kids after the fam went to bed.

A good day indeed!

Day 2

Spent most of my time riding and coaching with the wifey on the lower mountain.
    She's stepping up big time! Her favorite thus far is Crank it Up - Heart of Darkness.
    Had her in the intermediate skills area and got her to hit some of those drops.
    No problema! The girl is gettin' it on!

Did a Dirt - A line run and then went up top and hit Freight Train - Original Sin - Goat's Gully - back to Freight and then Dirt - A Line.

Ate major shiate on a steep in Goat's Gully and had to sit down for a second to recollect my marbles. I had it pinned but got hung up in some roots at the bottom and went OTB and bounced down the trail real far. I mean real far. Ouch!

Called it a day and hit the hot tub with the fam and now major Kokanee consumption is under way.

Tomorrow will be all upper mountain goodness. I have a debt to repay to that fyckiing Goat's Gully.

Cheers!

eio
    Last edited by e<i>o; 07-09-2006 at 11:28 PM.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    and now major Kokanee consumption is under way.
    Oh yeah. can't wait to get back to whizzler

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Nice mang..

I just got back from 4 days of raping that mountain. I'm still burnt from all that riding. It was super hot when I was there and It made riding all that more tiring. I spent one of the last days
    sitting by the pool for too long. I have the nastiest sunburn! My whole chest is peeling and itchy! O therwise the new section on Freight Train are awesome and that step up to the containers is fun as well. I really started to groove on No Duff. That trail is super fun.
    I wrecked a few times as well on stuff I've ridden a thousand times. Must've been the heat?
    Anyways, have fun. I think my fork is messed up so it might be a few weeks till I can get back up there. Watch out for the Clownshoes drop. I hit it when I was there and landed on a really sharp rock that is protruding out of the tranny. I put a hole through my tire and blasted my tube. That rock is a major hazard! Otherwise the Clown is the Clown.
    Later....

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    sounds really sweet man!! made a "score" huh? what did you score?

where are the pics man!?!?!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    hey e<i>o i saw you were from seatle. how is the downhill/freeride spots over there??
    if your hands are on the handles your still in control

FM
    mtbr member
    Goats Gulley sucks. Pete Morin is up there working and I read on that goats gully will get worked on. Which would be good. Actually I like most of it but that steep section after the right switchback is just dumb.

My ride is trashed from the last whistler mission, just hoping I can get it all fixed up for july 21-30!

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezrg520kid
    sounds really sweet man!! made a "score" huh? what did you score?

where are the pics man!?!?!
    Who wants to stop to take pics?

No time for such silliness...........
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Glad to Be Alive
    oh like we believe you.....you have no proof of pictures....I bet you stayed home this weekend looking at pron on the web
    Day 1

Got here a little late but managed to get on the lift by 5:30.

Run 1
    A little warm up on Crank it Up - Whistler DH - Monkey Hands - Heart of Darkness.
    That got me blood moving a bit so..........

Run 2
    One of my favs - Dirt Merchant - A- Line - GLC
    Had my jump on and managed to hit all but 1 or 2 trannies on the run.

Run 3
    All the way to the top. Criss crossed amonst No Joke - Freight Train - Original Sin - Duff Man - A Line (I think). Sooooooooooo fun. Holy crap.

Run 4
    Mixtture of Joyride - Rock City - Lower Whistler DH - something else ?????
    Whoa! Steeeeeeeeepness. Washed out on one of those big rock faces on Joyride but managed to slide down about 20 ft. or so on my leg armor. Big bruise on my ass as a result. No worries though.

Called it a night, drank major Kokanees and partied with some local kids after the fam went to bed.

A good day indeed!

Day 2

Spent most of my time riding and coaching with the wifey on the lower mountain.
    She's stepping up big time! Her favorite thus far is Crank it Up - Heart of Darkness.
    Had her in the intermediate skills area and got her to hit some of those drops.
    No problema! The girl is gettin' it on!

Did a Dirt - A line run and then went up top and hit Freight Train - Original Sin - Goat's Gully - back to Freight and then Dirt - A Line.

Ate major shiate on a steep in Goat's Gully and had to sit down for a second to recollect my marbles. I had it pinned but got hung up in some roots at the bottom and went OTB and bounced down the trail real far. I mean real far. Ouch!

Called it a day and hit the hot tub with the fam and now major Kokanee consumption is under way.

Tomorrow will be all upper mountain goodness. I have a debt to repay to that fyckiing Goat's Gully.

Cheers!

eio
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Who wants to stop to take pics?

No time for such silliness...........
    one word..................

L I A R
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Goats Gulley sucks. Pete Morin is up there working and I read on that goats gully will get worked on. Which would be good. Actually I like most of it but that steep section after the right switchback is just dumb.

My ride is trashed from the last whistler mission, just hoping I can get it all fixed up for july 21-30!
    Goat's Gulley is fine the way it is. Pete may be good at armoring, but the trail will be made easier which is just lame. The steep section isn't dumb, it's just a little harder than the rest of the trail.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    oh like we believe you.....you have no proof of pictures....I bet you stayed home this weekend looking at pron on the web
    You are drunk and stoopid Mr. Shiver Beater.

Now eat your Ben & Jerry's ice cream bar and go to bed Phat Man.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny
    The steep section isn't dumb, it's just a little harder than the rest of the trail.
    Yep, its hard alright.

Hard on the ass, hard on the head, hard on the shoulder, and hard on the back.

.........I said hard on.

Xtremely Moderate
    one word..................

L I A R

OK, now you've got another one of these coming next time I see you.

Glad to Be Alive
    You are drunk and stoopid Mr. Shiver Beater.

Now eat your Ben & Jerry's ice cream bar and go to bed Phat Man.
    store ran out.........................

Glad to Be Alive
    bring it........................
    OK, now you've got another one of these coming next time I see you.

Innovate or die!
    crank it up is Gods blessing to A-line.......

gives all the people that shouldn't be on A-line a home, and brings more intermediates to a safe section of the mtn.

yay
    170mm profile crankset, silver king headset barely used, new blackspire chainguide, old version hope mini brakes---- all for sale at i-wanna-get-rid-of-it prices. I'm gone all of july after the 10th, other than that PM me if interested.

Just roll it......
    Goat's Gulley is fine the way it is. Pete may be good at armoring, but the trail will be made easier which is just lame. The steep section isn't dumb, it's just a little harder than the rest of the trail.
    E,

The park should be good and open today. Have fun and be safe up there.

Hey Penny, I don't disagree with you, but there are a couple of sections of GG where I think Pete's work will make that trail better. Right now, when it's dry like it has been the last couple of weeks, it's fine. When it's wet and slick, those sections are an arse-over-tea-kettle waiting to happen and, worse yet, an erosive mess. I've seen more people dragging their tires down those sections than I can shake a stick at.

I'm not for dumbing any trails down (although whistler seems to be doing that more these days), but making a couple of those stretches less susceptible to erosion makes sense from the standpoint of long-term viability of the trail. Unlike something like Ride Don't Slide, for instance, GG is seeing a lot more tires down it in the summer. Without some rock work, I could see a serious reroute in the future. Personally, I'd like to see the steeps kept on that trail and I can't see that happening without some of Peters rock work happening. Maybe I'm misinformed about the sections he'll be working on, but that was my take on it.

Cheers,
    EBX

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    E,

The park should be good and open today. Have fun and be safe up there.

EBX
    Yep. Weather is looking good this morning.
    I'm a little stiff & sore today from that tumble but not as bad as I thought I'd be.
    A few runs and some Naproxen should loosen me up.

I agree with you about the erosion on some of those trails. There's a lot of brake dragging and tire skidding thats pretty evident up there. A lot of berms are also showing chuck holes from tire skipping. A little rock fortification would go a long way.

Just roll it......
    Yep. Weather is looking good this morning.
    I'm a little stiff & sore today from that tumble but not as bad as I thought I'd be.
    A few runs and some Naproxen should loosen me up.

I agree with you about the erosion on some of those trails. There's a lot of brake dragging and tire skidding thats pretty evident up there. A lot of berms are also showing chuck holes from tire skipping. A little rock fortification would go a long way.
    E, if you get this before you depart today, Zane is in unit H - not unit J as I had told you on Friday. Thanks mang....

EB

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    I agree - but bear in mind this comes from someone who's favorite trail is Gravitron and who thinks Babylon by bike is XC
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    While we're on the subject of Whistler-
    Is it possible to ride everything up there on a Giant AC? I know it's not a big bike, but I plan to go there instead of beach week next year, and that's all I can afford. unless I wait untill the last minute and buy a faith.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL
    I agree - but bear in mind this comes from someone who's favorite trail is Gravitron and who thinks Babylon by bike is XC
    I, too, think Babylon by bike and tunnel vision are xc...........whistler xc!

Gravitron??? Is this another Pemby trail (like cop killer) that I have yet to ride? So many trails, so little time.

EBX

Xtremely Moderate
    Day 3

1. EZ Does It - Golden Triangle - EZ Does It - Dirt (briefly - step up section only) - Lower A-line - GLC
    2. Crank it Up - Whistler DH - Heart of Darkness.
    3. Crank it Up - B-Line - Heart of Darkness.
    4. No Joke - Little Alder - Too Tight - Schleyer - Whistler DH/Rock City (I think) - Heart of Darkness.
    5. Crank it up - Clown Shoes - ??????? - I can't remember......too tired

Done for the day.............time to drink...............back in 3 weeks.

Just roll it......

Ahem.....

Still no pics, E. WTF, dude?? Uhhh, am I the only one that's wondering where all the pics are........

Since you're not adding pics, I guess I'm gonna have to.

Pic of the new step up onto the containers on freight train / no joke. These just opened up a week and a half ago and we got a great train of 4 dudes onto / off of it....super fun!

As you said, back up in 3 weeks!
    EBX
    Attached Images Attached Images

FM
    mtbr member
    Hey Penny- I see you're on a DH-I. I'm on a bike with less travel. I woudn't mind trying the gnar section on a bigger bike but for my ride and skill level it might get ugly. Lots of people like me are clogging up Goats Gulley just to access the trails below it. That seems dumb to me- it's a bottleneck area.

I'm talking about an alternate line with better flow for shorter travel bikes, intermediate riders, and wet conditions- at least through that one gnar stretch. Hopefully some of my season pass bux will go to Pete's efforts.

Portland, OR
    god it sounds good, I'm going up there later this summer, cant wait.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

hmmm.

I think Goats Gully gets alot better once you figure out the lines down it. This has been true for myself that I don't like a trail too much until I conquer it, then it's my favorite trail!. Speaking of G.Gully. I finally cleaned that righthander of doom a few weeks back. I was super stoked. I then did it agin and knew it wasn't a fluke. I was taking the outside line around the turn all this time, instead of the inside line against the tree. The inside is butta'. It's still a ***** trail but I think if you've made it that far down the hill,you're probably capable of cleaning it. I am stoked to see some decent rockwork up there. A few buddies and I stopped on no joke last week and filled a massive hole in the trail that kept getting worse and finally broke a spoke on W's rear wheel from casing it so hard. Filled it with some rock and made sure it was safe, then proceeded down the hill. It's amazing how much these trails change from day to day. I've rode the park maybe 9 days this year and it is constantly changing. You really have to be on the lookout.

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Largextracheese
    I think Goats Gully gets alot better once you figure out the lines down it. This has been true for myself that I don't like a trail too much until I conquer it, then it's my favorite trail!. Speaking of G.Gully. I finally cleaned that righthander of doom a few weeks back. I was super stoked. I then did it agin and knew it wasn't a fluke. I was taking the outside line around the turn all this time, instead of the inside line against the tree. The inside is butta'.
    I know exactly the line you are talking about cause I scoped it out hard but decided to pass anyways. Hard inside looked good, but if you miss the turn then better pucker up! Any tricks to making the turn? It's tight and rocky, looked almost like a stop & rear wheel hop might be required to get inside the rock at the apex.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Hmmm.

No hop needed. Trust me I hve about 50% sag in the rear so my hopping skills are lacking. Just make love to the tree as you come around. Lube it up and slide on down the rocky chute! It's intimidating for sure. It was worse last year. It looked like some sort of joke. So rocky and jagged. I would not want to go down there. Yuu'll get it though. You've got 6" in the back right? Plenty! It's the fork that matters. You've got that part covered. My 66 is getting sent in for some love. The rebound cart. is bad and I'm sure the bushings are the bad ones. They said they'd also tune it my weight so I'm not blowing through the travel so easy.
    They said I might be too heavy for the stock setup with this fork. Can't wait to feel the love baby.

Xtremely Moderate
    Lube it up and slide on down the rocky chute! It's intimidating for sure. It was worse last year. It looked like some sort of joke. So rocky and jagged. I would not want to go down there. Yuu'll get it though. You've got 6" in the back right? Plenty! It's the fork that matters..............
    Yeah, I walked that chute as well. Jagged death comes to mind there.
    I said the same thing as I approached it......."you gotta be fycking kidding me!"

The steep I dumped it on was a little ways after that one. I stopped, looked, picked my line, and cleaned it..............until the very bottom..........Bam! Oh shyt! (that second of zen silence before impact) Impact! Bounce! Smash! Ouch! (body part check)

Hurt worse yesterday. No big deal today.

Today was somewhat sedate out there though and I didn't push it too hard.
    Mostly because I spent a lot of time riding with Donna (and we rarely have that chance) or riding by myself. It was more fun spending some time with her and watching her have fun. Hence lots of Crank it Up & Heart of Darkness, since those were her favorites. Still fun for me because I can rip through them at speed.

Most difficult run of the day was No Joke - Little Alder - Too Tight - Schleyer - Whistler DH - Heart of Darkness - and I was roached.

I ran through Clown Shoes after that and cleaned just about everything (including that ladder/skinny thing with the damn netting on either side ) except a steep to very hard right where I bounced off the tree at the bottom. And I wussed on the big Clown Shoes Drop and opted for the smaller one.

On a fork note, the 888 was so much better than the 66 up here. Mainly because of the taller AC. The steep stuff was much more comfortable and the 888 bailed me out a few times where I didn't get enough loft on the front end. With the 66 I probably would have gone OTB.

As far as pics go EBX.........very few taken because I was either riding with Donna or riding by myself. You know me, I'm not all that concerned with playing photographer anyway. I'd rather ride.

Home tomorrow..............until next time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

hmmm

Ouch! That sucks. As far as the 66 v the 888 up there. I think that half the problem is fork setup. I noticed you had that fork way sagged out up there (66). The Marz. guys confirmed it for me as well. The fork is not setup stock to handle our weights. Running it super soft leaves you with essentially a 5 inch fork. WIth the proper sag (preload) it's a whole different fork on the steeps. My problem is that when I got my preload correct with the air caps, it would take away the sensitivity. Marz. said they can fix that. The fork feels at about the same angle as my Shiver did. IMHO.

Xtremely Moderate
    As far as the 66 v the 888 up there. I think that half the problem is fork setup. I noticed you had that fork way sagged out up there (66). The Marz. guys confirmed it for me as well. The fork is not setup stock to handle our weights.
    You and I have different animals. You have a 66RC2X, mine is a 66SL.

The setup is not the same.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You and I have different animals. You have a 66RC2X, mine is a 66SL.

The setup is not the same.
    How do you like the 66SL? Has Marzocchi finally figured out air suspension? I'm thinking of the 07 for my Free and am hesitant to run an air fork on my big bike. I'm a bigger guy like yourself who will do drops and ride the fork hard. How long have you had it and how has it held up?

The versaility of that fork has me fired up.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member

pssh

i think thats just wat u do everyday

surf-ride-repeat
    Stoked for ya E!

So glad ya got to come back to the PNW... sound slike yer home man! Good on ya!

FM
    mtbr member
    No hop needed.

My 66 is getting sent in for some love. The rebound cart. is bad and I'm sure the bushings are the bad ones. .
    Good to hear- I was close to trying it so I'll give it a go next time.

My fork is also off for repairs with a bad rebound cartridge- it started topping out hard, no rebound damping at all. Thank god it looks like they are coming through with legendary service again- I shipped it off today, shoud be able to pick it up in person next week at the van. office.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Coolio

Yeah, mine is rebounding too slow. I have yet to ship mine off though. EIO, it doesn't matter which fork it is. Sag is sag. Next time when you're barreling down a steep trail. Take a look at how far down the fork is in it's travel. You'll probably see it only has a few usable inches because of how the preload is set. If the preload is set right it should only dive into the middle of it's travel so it has enough travel left to soak up a rock or what have you, on the way down. You weigh the same as I do and I bottomed your fork out just pushing down on it. I'm telling you mang. A little fiddlin' get's ya diddlin'....... diddlin'? Oh well, you get the point. I tend to be pretty finicky about my setup so don't listen if you don't care about that stuff. All I know is that when I've got my bike feeling dialed, I have much more confidence in attacking terrain and my riding overall. I've yet to acheive it with this fork, but when it happens........watch out!

Xtremely Moderate
    Yeah, mine is rebounding too slow. I have yet to ship mine off though. EIO, it doesn't matter which fork it is. Sag is sag. Next time when you're barreling down a steep trail. Take a look at how far down the fork is in it's travel. You'll probably see it only has a few usable inches because of how the preload is set. If the preload is set right it should only dive into the middle of it's travel so it has enough travel left to soak up a rock or what have you, on the way down. You weigh the same as I do and I bottomed your fork out just pushing down on it. I'm telling you mang. A little fiddlin' get's ya diddlin'....... diddlin'? Oh well, you get the point. I tend to be pretty finicky about my setup so don't listen if you don't care about that stuff. All I know is that when I've got my bike feeling dialed, I have much more confidence in attacking terrain and my riding overall. I've yet to acheive it with this fork, but when it happens........watch out!

The 66SL was too stiff for my liking with anything more than 24lbs. of air. Small bumpity would diminsh and I hate that, but I have yet to bottom that fork out. The way it was setup, I was just about getting all of the travel out of it.

Keep in mind also, if I'm not mistaken, you have a 24" wheel on the back of that Big Hit which by default gives you more rake with the 66 than it does on my VPF.

I am convinced after this weekend that the 888 is a much better match for the VPF.
    Far more plush and a taller AC height made the VPF a much better "big mountain" sled.
    I lost a little steering radius with it, but I was still able to negotiate all the tight stuff on Whistler DH, Clown Shoes & Rock City without much more effort.

The 66SL gets moved to my 5 Pack (which I also just acquired 6" inch rockers for) which will serve as my "all around - light DH" bike. I've done 3 or 4 rides on Preston so far with that setup and I really dig it. Next I want to hit Galby on it.

On a Zoke warranty note I believe I also have a faulty rebound cart as it is just too slow.
    At first I thought it was just break in time, but there's no way that's the issue now. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Anyway.............to each his own.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Ya dood.

That's my point as well. The Marz. guys said the fork is not setup stock to be plush for our "big boy" status. Basically the fork cannot be setup right (perfect) without some tweakage from the Marz. folks. Actually the Bighit was designed around the 24" rear wheel so it has the same Head Angle as many bigbikes (66.5 or 67.5) which is adjustable. I'm actually running it in the steeper of the two for most everything. I bet if you sat on my bike the H.A. would feel the same or close. I noticed no difference when I swapped my Shiver to the 66. The 888 without the revised crowns is definitely tall, but I thought you bought one with the lowrider crowns, correct? I sat on JVP's VPfree and it didn't feel that much taller with the stock crowns. Even with me bottoming his suspension on the rear..... Damn lightweights!
    Speaking of lightweights..........where's EBX? Sure to chime in here.

Xtremely Moderate
    My 888 has a flat lower crown & drop top crown, but you can move the crowns up or down on the stanchions to change the height as well.

Even so the stock 888 w/ flat crowns is still an inch taller than the 66's which are the same as my old Super T (554 mm).

Beyond all that, I've got a x-firm spring in one side. I need to take out about another 5cc of oil and it should be perfect. It was ramping up just a bit too much at the end of its travel in places.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

hmmmm

Yeah, I rode my Shiver with xtrafirms and a tad higher oil level. Set it and forget it. In some ways I actually like the path to gettin a fork "setup". It really gives you a chance to feel the extremes of what a fork is capable of and how good it can actually get. Coming off the Shiver, I do notice how the fork sort of "reaches" for things and sticks like glue. The Shiver didn't do that. The Shiver definitely has "feel" though. Which can be mostly good depending on what type of riding you're doing. Do you have a DHX on the back of that thing? How do you have that thing setup?

Xtremely Moderate
    Do you have a DHX on the back of that thing? How do you have that thing setup?
    500# spring - 100# or so air in the chamber - Propedal all the way off - less than 1 turn on the BO - I can't remember where the rebound is. Maybe a few click less than 1/2 way.

I accidently put 120#s of air in it and noticed right away on Whistler DH that it was wrong.
    It was real harsh on fast chattery hits. Dropped it to 100 and it was great.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    How do you like the 66SL? Has Marzocchi finally figured out air suspension? I'm thinking of the 07 for my Free and am hesitant to run an air fork on my big bike. I'm a bigger guy like yourself who will do drops and ride the fork hard. How long have you had it and how has it held up?

The versaility of that fork has me fired up.

Thanks in advance.
    See my other comment below.

In my opinion it boils down to this:

- If I were to do it again I would go with the 66 RC2x on the VPF instead of the SL. The SL is good, but an oil/coil is a better match for the DHX. The RC2X is probably the single crown equivalent of the 888. Oil is much more sensitve than air in my opinion.
    - If you're gonna use the VPF as all arounder the 66 is a good choice. The VPF is much more manueverable with a single crown. You're right about the versatility. Very versatile.
    - If you want more of a DH bike go with a 888.
    - Whichever 66 you choose, durability will not be an issue. Its as tough and stiff as the 888.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Dude

you better email me next time you are up here

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by monk
    you better email me next time you are up here

Monk!
    You fycker!

I had no idea where you were these days.

I'll eya before we come up at the end of the month.........CrankWorx weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    well I hope so! we were probably shoulder to shoulder at some point last week. Carnkworzx is gonna be silly....bring yer drinkin stomach

d a n k m o n k e y @ h o t m a i l dot com

Xtremely Moderate
    well I hope so! we were probably shoulder to shoulder at some point last week. Carnkworzx is gonna be silly....bring yer drinkin stomach

d a n k m o n k e y @ h o t m a i l dot com
    What were you riding?

I'll post a pic tonight of me and the wifey before we got on the lifts.
    You probably saw us since there wasn't that much of a crowd.

Last time we talked you were going back to AZ.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Goats Gulley sucks. !
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Goat's gully bot to be the best part of the whole mountain!
    Flow and nastyness all mixed together.. yummi

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Lots of people like me are clogging up Goats Gulley just to access the trails below it. That seems dumb to me- it's a bottleneck area.
    This I completely agree with though! That section of the mountain need an option for people who don't want to ride it. That would also help a lot with erosion.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    uhh...I was riding this little Haro with a white 66rc2x and a red hoody that day I think...(one of only a couple haros in whistler ) I went back to Az but only for a couple months...then I came back up here for a sweet ski season. Glad I made the move...I'm up here for the next year I am thinkin. But yeah...holler when yer back in town!

Just roll it......
    Gapping that little bridge on Schleyer is fun! Me likey....

EBX

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

indeed.

I'm trying to get a picture on every major feature up there this year. Good times!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am surprised...I have alot of pics already...my focus is to try and log 100 days...and get as high as kelly off the quarter:

100% Cheesy Goodness
    word. Leave for whistler in the morning. Cant friggen wait. Nice pic btw. Ought to be really interesting hitting it up with a 5" travel bike this year.
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah

Members who have read this thread: 0