Whistler pwned me.- Mtbr.com
    Juanjo
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    Half way through my fourth day of riding I came off the trail on A-line and broke my collar bone(doctor recommended surgery..we'll find out), and also seperated my shoulder. I would go into it, but one handed typing takes way too long.
    that SUCKS big time man...

hope u get better soon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

I wanna talk to Samson!

Whistler pwned me.

Half way through my fourth day of riding I came off the trail on A-line and broke my collar bone(doctor recommended surgery..we'll find out), and also seperated my shoulder. I would go into it, but one handed typing takes way too long.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Loves His Sunday
    Yah man get better soon. Sorry to hear that. I hate injuries.
    SAYNDESYN on the Iron Horse Sunday,

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

mtbr member
    U hurt yourself on A-line? 8 ft tabes are way gnar. young bucks heal fast.

Xtremely Moderate
    Your black powas have failed you.

Heal up whitebread.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

pwn3rator
    jack, i broke my collar bone too(at mammoth), it really sucks, heal fast...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    U hurt yourself on A-line? 8 ft tabes are way gnar. young bucks heal fast.
    The crash was way gnar, for real. We were doing a big train down...Jordie Lunn in front, then my friend, then me, and a buttload of other people. I was way close to my friend going in the A-line drop, and going way to fast, so I pulled off at the last second(didn't want an in air collision) didn't have time to brake before the tiny step down, overcleared and went into the trees. It was trippy because as soon as I went off the jump I knew I was boned. I hit a pretty fat tree with my right shoulder and took a 2 inch deep chunk out of it, no pads. The pressure on my shoulder broke the end of my c-bone, and I'll find out tomorrow if I need some screws put in.
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    sounds very painful...i had a similar encounter with a tree but i had my pressure suit on so my right shoulder didnt take the full blow...heal up killa.

high school loser
    dam jack that sucks, i hope you heal quick man and hope you dont gotta have surgery...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

mtbr member
    Aaaahhh...thats gotta hurt! Hope you heal up fast....

Quick question: Do you think a chest protector would have helped...?

Shot through the heart
    And you're to blame
    You give love a bad name...

mtbr member
    Me too. The riding was way tech at Whistler. I wasn't ready for the A-line expirience. I didn't break anything but I did take a good crash, right on my tail bone and I was out till the next day. To not waste the trip I continued to ride hard on the Blues and eased up on the Black diamonds. But I feel you man, get better quick.

I did see some guys break bones. One rider in my crew broke his hand. One guy who took a jump sitting down went over his handle bars and broke his arm. It was gross. Then the last guy was some kid who went to the Jump Farm and landed wrong and broke his leg. The EMT on site had me help out. I had to hold the leg ever so gingerly. I was moving around in my hands and I could see the break. It was so nasty.

After all that I took it easy while at Whistler this weekend. I learned that my riding skills were not double black, like I thought at my local resorts. On the international level it is more like blue. I'm sad to say that I need to get way better.
    Bikeless Rider

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    mate that sounds like a neat little stack, props to going down in style. get back on the bike soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member

From a fellow Whistler injury victim (t3/t4 vertabrae on dirt merchant) I feel your pain. Heal fast, but dont rush it. If you go and re-injure then the recovery will be really long. And the trails will still be waiting for you as well.

TJ

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDigIt

I asked the doctor and he said it would have only really helped with cuts and scraps, due to the nature of the impact.
    JackNugz

high school loser

nah, no pads can really hepl that much cause most the time when you break it it is cause you almost hyper extend and it breaks from pressure. the im pact point isnt usally on the bone but the shoulder. althou in some cases pads could help diplace some of that energy, but other wise there isnt really anyway to prevent it besides by just not falling
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

Just Ride
    that sucks hardcore. im in the same boat, just less severe. im....4 weeks in? five weeks? i dunno mine has been feeling awesome now though, hopefully it'll only be that long for you too. i rode my bike for the first time since i broke it tonight. it was sweet. but yeah definitly take it easy for a while, i made the mistake of trying todo alot at first and it hurt like balls. just lay low, week 3 it will really start to feel good again, i lost the brace and all after that.

good luck dude

oh yeah, button up shirts are the way to go for the next week or so. and its sweet getting pampered by your folks, till of course your better again and you owe em big time

high school loser

oopsy double post...
    "we kill zombies dead"

Glad to Be Alive
    man get well soon...sorry to here
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

pwn3rator
    yeah, i had a scab on the shoulder of the c-bone that broke and it didn't get ripped off or anything...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Built to Last
    Sorry Bro,

heal fast, but take your time,

Wait to go at it again once you are 100%. I didnt wait patiently, reinjured an ankle and was sorry for a whole 1.5 years later!

soviet pride
    sad to say that i broke my collar on a meezley jump when my friend pressured me into jumpin a mt bike a few eyars back. I had never jumped a mt bike so the first try i just cased it and went shoulder first into the ground....suprisignly, the most unpleasant part of it all was layin in the grass waitin for my friend to go get his electric bike to give me a ride home on it. The grass made me itch so unbeleivably bad that i forgot about my shoulder. But sure enough my friend comes down the hill to pick me up and sure enough the batteries on the e-bike are out and we have to wait anouther 30min for his mom to pick us up.

and thats my life story, i think im allergic to grass
    im all about midget drops

USB Rep'n
    dude, Im with the crew in wishing youa speedy recovery. don't you wish you could get that [email protected] on vid though? Id love to see some of my gnar crashes! that feeling sucks that you described..when you know your gonna get folded from the get go! Im still trying to heal from Whistler last year, AC tear in the shoulder. Im gonna have surgery (finally) in a month or so when our weather goes to [email protected] . Hope yours gets done soon and yer back on the bike!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr

can i join the club? i broke my collar bone inhalf on monday, im on codine and advil
    heres the pic and story ( it hurts like hell sometimes) konabiker, are u in some shoulder seperater thing and a sling? they had tp pull my shoulders back cause my collar bones were overlapying eachother

well speed was fine, you have a hilll to run off of, which isent the smoothest hill ( rocks roots ext) but not that much of a prob. my friend did it before me on a bighit, had to much speed and the rear wheel just popped up, and did the same thing i did ( without breaking nething ) then it was my turn. did a pracitce run which made me feel like i could do this.
    so i said " drop in, cameras were all set, one of the last things i remembered was me 10 feet fromn the jump speeding, then the next, my back wheel flying in the air then me slamming into the ground, then me getting the air knocked out of me and in TREMENDOUS pain, then vpjackal saying " put your arms over your head" ( to relieve the air knocking out feeling" but my right arm did it, but my left. my left arm was in huge pain, and then looking at my shouldre and a bone sticking out. for 2 hours i held my arm and went to the emergency room, i cracked my collar bone in half which docs say is the most pain you can get with a broken bone? i dunno but it still hurts like shart. im on80mg of advil and 80mg of codine ( the reason for the stupid english, and also typing with one hand, while the other is in a sling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Heal up bro.
    Collarbones suck. It seems to me that some kinds of armour would help. Most of the MTB specific stuff I have seen would not, but the MX chest protectors with the floating shoulders might since they could dissipate the force that much more. No armour is perfect, but it might have lessened the severity of the break anyway. At any rate, take it easy, get better. Try accupunture when the bone gets more or less back into place. It works great.

Marsvolta55, that photo looks like you are entering into a world of hurt.

surf-ride-repeat
    Sorry dude.

Healing vibes for ya...

I post too much.
    Nose dives are no fun...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    can i join the club? i broke my collar bone inhalf on monday, im on codine and advil
    heres the pic and story ( it hurts like hell sometimes) konabiker, are u in some shoulder seperater thing and a sling? they had tp pull my shoulders back cause my collar bones were overlapying eachother

well speed was fine, you have a hilll to run off of, which isent the smoothest hill ( rocks roots ext) but not that much of a prob. my friend did it before me on a bighit, had to much speed and the rear wheel just popped up, and did the same thing i did ( without breaking nething ) then it was my turn. did a pracitce run which made me feel like i could do this.
    so i said " drop in, cameras were all set, one of the last things i remembered was me 10 feet fromn the jump speeding, then the next, my back wheel flying in the air then me slamming into the ground, then me getting the air knocked out of me and in TREMENDOUS pain, then vpjackal saying " put your arms over your head" ( to relieve the air knocking out feeling" but my right arm did it, but my left. my left arm was in huge pain, and then looking at my shouldre and a bone sticking out. for 2 hours i held my arm and went to the emergency room, i cracked my collar bone in half which docs say is the most pain you can get with a broken bone? i dunno but it still hurts like shart. im on80mg of advil and 80mg of codine ( the reason for the stupid english, and also typing with one hand, while the other is in a sling.
    wow everyone is down
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

At least you got a pic of it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I hear ya bro

Whistler took a bite out of me too this trip. Friday third run down garbanzo I took a gnarly line down a section of In Deep and hit a loose rock that pitched me about 8 ft down and straight into a tree. Busted up rib cage and hematomad up my thigh. I thought I broke my femur on impact, my bar drove right into my pelvis and left a hole. The worse part was it snapped my front brake line and threw a chain. I rode that ***** all the way down the hill like that still passing fools!!

I hope you heal up quick and we see ya on the trail soon!!!! Hang tough bro!

www.westsidefreeride.com

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    Nose dives are no fun...
    i wonder what the story would be if i bailed, stupid me, it happened to fast to bail

mtbr member
    my buddy was following me down Dirt Merchant in June and his bike pitched him and he also broke off the end of his collarbone. One month later we were back in Whistler smiling...him with a big lump where his collarbone was once broken....heal nicely... mutants

resident cynic
    i wonder what the story would be if i bailed, stupid me, it happened to fast to bail
    I was looking at your pick thinking the same thing. I rode my Dirt Bag right into a face plant at Keystone 2.5 weeks ago and almost broke my neck (X-Rays + MRI = Bad Sprain). Looking at your pic reminded me of that: What if I had bailed.

mtbr member
    Ouch! I separated my shoulder about a month ago and had to get surgery on it. Can't move it until the end of this month. Enjoy the painkillers while they last and heal fast!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    goodluck mon